April 2020 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying?

We’re all overly emotional right now, so what’s making you look like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying?

• I watched the movie "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". It is a very sweet love story on Netflix. Ya I cried. Then two hours later I cried because I was out of Doritos....
  • I dropped DS off with my mom because it’s her birthday and she asked to keep him. Not sure why I cried so much. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • @courtneya1620 I read that book. Didn't realize there was a movie!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Someone backed up into my car while DH was driving Sunday and I now have some small scratches/dents. I seriously lost it Sunday over that. In normal circumstances, I wouldn't be that emotional over it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm crying over how much I needed this thread. ;) This weekend it was my daughter crying for me while my husband was putting her down for a nap. This morning it was the NICU episode of Boy Meets World.
  • courtneya1620courtneya1620 member
    edited August 2019
    @Kathryn0903 I did not know there was a book. Now I have to read it!! yay! I love a good book! Especially since I watched the movie first now I can love both!
  • everytime i see an emotional scene between a child and a mom i'm bawling. thanks hormones!!!
  • Just finished binge watching Schitt’s creek, and cried in the end of the last episode. It started with what was happening in the show, then I realized that it was done and cried even harder. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Definitely cried when they announced the winner of a baking show... 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Have you read the book Little Fires Everywhere? 

Book spoiler and ** TW MC**
    There is this part in the book where there is a custody issue with a baby with two moms who want her (bio and foster). The bio mom didn’t get the mental health care she needed and the foster mom had 7 losses before she got this baby through a miracle. The baby is a year old, spent first 2 months with her bio mom, and the last 10 with her foster mom. I haven’t finished the book yet so I’m hoping one of them may turn out to be a villain so I can be less sad about it. 
    So yea listening to my audiobook on the way to work I wept. 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• @kln62689 I love that book! Have you seen they're making an HBO series of it. Sounds like it'll be really good!
  • @aresee I did not know that! You made my day!
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• That commercial where the mom writes little notes on her daughter's fruit cup every day, and then at the end the daughter surprises her mom with the same kind of note on a fruit cup that says "you're going to be a grandma!"  EVERY. FREAKING. TIME.
  • @Kathryn0903 I read the book. I absolutely 100% love it more than the movie. but It was nice to have character faces to go with the names. The movie only VAGUELY follows the book. Missing so many good things and people. Thank you for the suggestion... 

Anyone else have a good book for me to cry over? I get quite obsessive with reading. 
  • I read a news article about a loon baby who had a tumor and was captured by some wildlife people to have it removed. She was reunited with her parents after and they were all freaking out and diving for fish and so happy for her to be back. 
  • Because I finished orange is the new black. You know, because we knew it was ending 2 years ago, so naturally I had to fall apart about how it’s not fair when the last episode ended... 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • I get really emotional over music when I’m pregnant. Today, I cried while singing along to “Lover” by Taylor Swift  :)
  • @soprano19 Where do you watch Boy Meets World? I love that show but haven’t been able to find episodes to watch since before I was married. 
  • I cried when I told my husband I was pregnant.  Like, hysterical sobbing.  This is a total surprise but he was so amazing, which made me cry harder.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • I took my son to firefighter storytime last week and got all choked up thinking about the idea of house fires. Like, not even the idea of someone getting hurt in one, just the idea that they happen at all.
  • I've been tearing up watching my 2.5 year old son. I tear up if he plays by himself. I tear up if he plays with me. I tear up when he spends time with my husband. He won't be the center of attention anymore come April and I hope he takes it well. All of his grandparents dote on him and the dynamic will be so different with a newborn in the picture.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just watched Jesse Labreck hit the buzzer in the city final on American Ninja Warrior. 
  • @emsnedds OMG, we watched the episode last night where the first mom ever hit a buzzer and I was A MESS.
  • Bc I love my husband so much 😭😭😭

Also bc I'm tired and so bloated and oily and i feel so ugly and fat 😭😭😭
  • I cried so much today. My in-laws came into town to stay with us for a week. I bought a shirt for DS that says “promoted to big brother.”  We were going to surprise them with our news and just see who would read the shirt first. But...
    My DD is newly potty trained and we have a lot of levels in our home, and no bathrooms on the main level. So her potty stays in the corner of the living room, and we trained her to tell us every time she needs to use it. 
    Well, for whatever reason, five minutes before my family got here today, DD didn’t tell me she was going potty while I was making dinner, and DS dumped her pee all over the front of his shirt. 
    I haven’t cried like that in a lonnnnng time 
  • Omg @emsnedds !!! 

I saw a video on Facebook today of a scuba diver freeing a fishing hook and line from a dolphin who came over to him for help. :'( Definitely got to me!! I love dolphins! 
  • @emsnedds Oh man, I would be crying too. I got upset when DS got some dessert on his big brother shirt and that was after my family saw it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • There's a Pampers commercial that makes me cry every. single. time. I see it. This morning on the way to work I was listening to the song Brother by Saul, had it loud and was singing to it when I suddenly burst into tears.
  • We went to the MN State Fair yesterday and I brought home kettle korn instead of Sweet Martha’s Cookies (little less sugar) and DH asked if we could leave a little bit of kettle korn for his parents. I said “sure no problem” but stayed in the car while he ran in quick. He came out and HALF the bag was gone.

Really I’m more than happy to share but hormones took over and I started crying when I said “I gave up Sweet Martha’s Cookies to get this kettle korn and then you just give half of it away!” 

why is it that pregnancy makes me act like a child? 

• I got Whataburger for lunch and they gave me picante instead of ketchup for my fries. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Pretty much the entire last 300 pages of Well of Ascension has been making me sob. Which, if you haven’t read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, you need to.
  • Laughing! Nothing has made me cry except for laughing. Doesn't matter what I am laughing about - it turns into a full blown ugly cry
  • @justcallmesamson I just saw that commercial this morning while packing my lunch, and I totally started tearing up!

I've also been crying to some music randomly. Yay, pregnancy!
  • Our printer at school wasn’t working. This set me over the edge apparently. I went from pissed off to full blown tears. Luckily our admin knows I’m pregnant. Lol
  • When our home nurse was here the other day and doing the 14 month assessment for DS and he stacked 3 blocks on his own I definitely teared up lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • DH and I have been watching reruns of Grey's anatomy. I cry every episode. When people live, when people die, when there's a kid involved...every. single. episode.
  • Most recent episode of Master Chef and they brought a family member for each chef left and the youngest one there had literally no one show up. Big giant crocodile tears.