April 2020 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying?

13»

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying?

• I am ugly crying because I was thinking about the ending of Armageddon when Bruce Willis dies. Didn’t even watch the movie, nor have I in several years. I don’t even cry when actually watching the movie. I was just thinking about it. 

• The AMA mamas might remember this one... and maybe I should *TW* this....

The Ben Folds Five song Brick.  I was bawling.  *end TW*

And on a funny note I called DH from the chip aisle in Target teared up bc I couldn't find plain pretzels. They had buffalo, honey mustard, sticks, butter, family sized.... all I wanted was the little "pretzel shaped" pretzels in a normal sized bag.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Today I started crying because I couldn’t open a folding table 😩
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • My nephew is a pee wee cross country runner and I went to a meet today. As the first little runners rounded the corner, I started crying as I cheered them on. This is the 3rd time I have cried today. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Watching Storks with DS and the part where the baby touches Junior's beak and he sees her future. Ugh, Niagara falls
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • DH made delicious pasta for dinner at my request...and didn't make enough of it. I stopped myself from actually crying but it was close.
  • @KFrob I hadn’t heard Brick in years but it came on the radio a few weeks ago. Also lost it. 
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man! I needed this thread today! DH  saved me cheesy breadsticks earlier this week when I was too nauseous to eat them. I went to the fridge a few moments ago to get them, and he ate them for breakfast because he thought I wasn’t going to eat them! 😭
  • I cried last night because I watched the episode of Gilmore Girls where Rory graduates Chilton and gives a speech. Tv and music are really getting to me lately.
  • @emsned I watched that one the other day. Definite tears. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @jenabary That would make me cry too!  Now all I can think about is garlic bread
  • The cute announcements on the other thread i is making me tear up. 
  • I forgot to pack lunch for work and my usual go to in this situation(Jimmy Johns) is a no go during pregnancy. I wish I was a pregnant woman that wasn't so nervous about cold deli meats.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So a contractor accidentally drilled too far and into a subway tunnel yesterday just ahead of rush hour. I had no idea until I got to the station and they said we had to take shuttle buses. I got to wait for a bus and every single one of them is too full from the previous stations. A couple people manage to squeeze on switching places with the few people getting out, but at least 10 buses passed that I couldn't get on. I couldn't just squeeze on and replace people because I'm pregnant and will throw up if I'm standing on a moving bus squished into people. I was running late to meet my Mum for a nice mother-daughter date and I just felt so helpless that I openly wept on the corner watching the buses pass me by. Finally I called my husband and he ordered me an uber, but it took an hour from when I'd left our place until the point where I was getting in the uber to get on my way.
  • @korthouse That would definitely make me cry too. Glad you managed to get out of there. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I think would maybe even make me cry when I wasn't pregnant, but at least then I could've shown more moxy and squished on with everyone else. I'm usually the fixer/problem-solver but luckily when my husband knows I'm really upset he always swoops in to the rescue somehow
  • mwill291mwill291 member
    edited October 2019
    I had a big ugly snotty cry on my way home from work the other night because I realized my oldest will be leaving for college in 5 years and I just can't handle the idea of having a home without him in it. I love that we'll still have 2 littles at home but he is my OG little buddy and I'm already missing him just thinking about it.
  • I had to work late (got home past 7) two nights in a row and I miss my family. I cried because I felt like I was failing as a wife and mom since I haven’t had any time at home this week. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Yesterday and so far today I've been a mess and also feel like I'm failing as a mom.  It started yesterday when I forgot to give DH DD2s diapers and wipes for daycare.  Luckily our daycare is right next to a grocery store and DH ran in there to grab some but it caused me to go down the rabbit hole of feeling like I'm a terrible mom and wife and I've just fallen apart.  I'm mentally burned out from being sick and exhausted (both pregnancy and the colds I keep catching from DD2) and feel like I have no time or energy for the kids, the house, or work.  
  • @KFrob It can be so hard to get everything done, especially when you’re pregnant. And mom guilt is so real. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 So True!  And we do it to ourselves! 
  • @KFrob Mom guilt is the worst! But give yourself a break, kids need so much stuff and we are expected to be so prepared even for a short outing. It’s impossible to keep everything stocked 24/7 or to remember everything they need every time we leave the house. It seems like there were only 2 times I forgot to pack a spare outfit, but it was on both of those days that my kids needed the spare. Things always find a way to work out though.