March 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• kailanae said:
    @chichiphin Not from Philly but I'm about an hour and a half away from there in MD!  I've never actually been, but with that craving seems like I need to take a visit to have a real cheesesteak.  :joy:  The manager of the team I worked on before my current team was from Philly and had big opinions on what was a "real" cheesesteak and a huge Eagles fan haha.
    @kailanae Hello fellow Marylander! Now you’ve just made me want a cheesesteak too!!! Haha
  • @chichiphin I am right there with you. I wake up so shaky and lightheaded. I swear I need to wake in the middle of the night to just eat protein.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is anyone else having diarrhea? I feel nauseous but rather than throwing up... the other happens. I haven’t heard of anyone else dealing with this so feeling a bit concerned. 
  • @akak23 I had that for a while. I’m back to nausea and throwing up again. Lots like my body switches back and forth between the two. From what I’ve heard it’s fairly normal. Just make sure you’re getting plenty of fluids to make up for it! 
  • Anyone else taking unisom + b6 and it quit working? I’ve been taking it about a week now and it’s like my body has built up a resistance. I’m back to feeling really horrible and nauseated all day. Not sure what else to try. 
  • Thanks @miss.sally! I’ve been chewing on some anti-nausea ginger gum, I do think it helps but it’s pricey to be chewing all day. It’s made by Sea-Band. 
  • @espinell05There's definitely a percentage of women who have no nausea and healthy pregnancies-- try not to stress yourself out. I hope you can get some solace soon. <3
  • Any STM+ start feeling better around 9 weeks? I’m a bit worried for not feeling nauseous all day - my worst weeks for nausea were 7 and 8 and I’m trying not to freak myself out by feeling better! 

@akak23 yes!! I think it’s totally normal. Gatorade may help with dehydration and help a bit. 
  • @rs0806 last pregnancy I was only nauseous from 5.5-7.5 wks. I then had aversions for a while, but wasn’t really that nauseous.

this time I was extremely ill for only a few days at 5.5 wks. I now just have low level nausea if I haven’t eaten in a while. 

I don’t have an appointment until 8/20, but I’m hoping this just means my body adjusts to the hormones quickly. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• 7 weeks today and only experiencing mild nausea occasionally... I’m starting to get nervous because I’m reading other people’s comments and sounds like their sickness is much more severe... 😣 first appointment isn’t until 8/16/19, next Friday. Idk what to do... help?! This is my first pregnancy 😕
  • @kailanae omg I work from home too and have all kinds of zoom trainings and meetings to get through. I AM SO TIRED. Idk how I’ll make it. Last pregnancy I was part time in an office and part time at home, and being in an office was much more painful but at least I felt enough peer pressure to not curl up under my desk and sleep.  Now there’s a bed in my office. Aggghhh!
  • @espinell05 everyone is different- my best friend had zero symptoms for either of her pregnancies!
  • @dmadden123 Don't stress! Nausea comes in different forms and ways for everyone. My pregnancy with DD and my pregnancy with DS were TOTALLY different in terms of nausea (WAY less with DD), and both were born full term, super healthy! Also my nausea this go around did not start until after 7 weeks honestly! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• I have crazy gas. All night long. I feel bad for my husband!
  • Thanks so much @EmilyLove25 makes me feel better to hear that!
  • I don't know how else to describe it, but my belly button feels like it's being pushed inward, hard. I just hit 10w today. Still got all the nausea goodness and my boobs are so sore they feel almost raw, but the most jarring thing to me this week is the weird belly button pressure. Has anyone else had this?
  • I have sore boobs and the nausea and vomiting hit me like a ton of bricks today.  I have no idea how I'm gonna make it through the work day tomorrow.  I'm gonna give the B6 a try.  Any other tips for making it through the work day?
  • I'm absolutely exhausted. I have no willpower to do anything. It's a huge feat to drag myself out of bed at some point. Going to the mall today took everything out of me and when I got back I thought I was coming down with something. I'm just useless.
    My boobs are super sensitive and have been since I found out.
    I think I've been having low pressure or blood sugar. I have episodes where I get very weak and shaky, some anxiety, etc. Often happens after I eat something with processed sugar.
    I rarely get nausea, usually it's from prenatals. But lately I've had a horrible time taking any pills at all. Pills make me gag. :(
    I seem to be wanting things like fruit, smoothies, salads, acai bowls, etc. That's how it was with my son so that's a good sign. I was disappointed not to get a salad today. :(
    Other than that it's a bit hard for me to find things to eat or to eat very much. Nothing sounds appealing most of the time, and I don't eat a lot when I do find something. Much like my one successful pregnancy with my son. 
  • I feel like this is my last week in my normal pants. I have a bigger size that I may try, but I feel like I really "popped" over the weekend. What I ate didn't help, but I just feel super bloated now. I'd like to keep this pregnancy under wraps for a few more weeks, and I feel like real pants are the only way to conceal it. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • edited August 2019
    @mrsc918 thank you for the recommendation on the protein powder. My tastebuds have changed so much that my normal one makes me gag.

@miss.sally my heart rate is also around that low. I am going to ask my doctor but on the Google it indicated it is normal.

@mrsvp614 I also have almost given up on my pants already, and I am only 8 weeks. The bloat is UNREAL. 

I'm 8 weeks today and only started to really get tired and nauseated the last few days. 

Ps For all the ladies dealing with mood swings like I am, do NOT watch Queer Eye. I was laugh crying so much during and after my husband thought I was going nuts (guess I kinda am!)
  • Well I’m very grateful to read that I’m not the only super bloated carb-loader on here! I had so many good intentions for eating nutritiously, but so many healthy foods are unappealing or make me downright sick. Also starting to panic about gaining more weight than I’d hoped...but like others have said, I have to believe that eating what I can is better for the lil babe than eating nothing!

Weirdly the foods I’ve REALLY wanted have been breakfast foods, which normally I’m super ambivalent about. Cue all the waffles, pancakes (butter... 😬😬😬). Fortunately with that I’m also tolerating eggs so I feel like that’s good protein.  

Also the exhaustion and sore nipples....someone else on here mentioned going back to teaching, which I’m really not sure how that will go! There have been some days recently where I’ve literally taken 3 naps. Our poor dog is probably wondering why I’m not playing with him as much 🙈
  • @chichiphin I wear dresses often on weekends, but my work building is too cold for me to wear dresses here, unless I wear leggings underneath. That's my plan for later on though. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @lulu780 Girl, if you tell me let me know haha. I just try to take it hour by hour and I have snacks at my desk so when I DO feel okay, I can grab something ASAP. I find the hardest part is getting to work and stressing about how bad I feel, but once it gets going, it is manageable. 
    @thatsnotafoodbaby OMG I went down the Queer Eye wormhole this weekend, and I am addicted!
    @projectalice I have times where I feel exactly how you are describing (had an episode this morning). I just exclusively think of the positive and how worth it is: the beauty of childbirth and snuggling that newborn. And remember, you are in the worst of it now!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 As I have been feeling a lot like @projectalice described, and with not a lot to distract me (school starts in 3 weeks--couldn't come sooner), I appreciate the "this is the worst of it"--I keep trying to tell myself that, but the hours feel like days & I'm so fatigued &/or nauseated PLUS lots of fun insomnia last night that I'm like "whyy" & also "how do ppl do this!" This is all I've wanted for a while now, and I want to appreciate that it's happening, but also I feel like garbage. 

• Ps For all the ladies dealing with mood swings like I am, do NOT watch Queer Eye. I was laugh crying so much during and after my husband thought I was going nuts (guess I kinda am) 

I watched the first season while nursing my son, and I was a weeping mess 😂
  • @kagesstarshroom I feel you soooo much on the hours feeling like days. Seriously I feel like the end of first trimester is YEARS away. Gotta keep reminding ourselves “this too shall pass”...hopefully lol!! 

@projectalice I am SO jealous you are craving SALADS. I literally can’t even with veggies and feel so guilty I’m not getting enough nutrients to the baby!
  • @kagesstarshroom go Eagles!! 

I'm close to Philly, and while I have not been craving a cheesesteak yet, I've been digging on fries. So, I already know the game plan if I want cheese fries at 3 am.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• @mrsc918 don’t feel guilty about the baby not getting nutrients. My OB pretty much told me last time that as long as you’re taking a prenatal vitamin baby is getting what they need in the first trimester. They are so tiny still, eat what you can and try not to worry. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Oh wow I just tried those sour preggie pops and am amazed how much they have helped. Yesterday and today I've had overwhelming nausea all day and screens have been making me feel really sick (and I'm supposed to be working!). Just tried a couple and am already feeling so much better! 
  • @Madamemerle Preggie pops are amazing! I did find, though, that for me, Jolly Ranchers or other sour hard candies work just as well and are a little cheaper! A combo of a SeaBand and sour candy has been absolute magic for me!
  • Semuelle77Semuelle77 member
    edited August 2019
    @thatsnotafoodbaby Queer Eye makes me cry every time, even before the pregnancy hormones became an issue. The first episode of this recent season (Jonathan’s former teacher) killed me. I am a music teacher, and my cousin taught at his HS back when Jonathan was a student. My cousin passed a couple of years ago, and I can only hope they knew one another. 

Now, you want to talk about shows to avoid: Call the Midwife. I made the dumbass mistake of starting to watch it two weeks postpartum with my daughter. My girl was breach, and the first episode had a breach baby. I was a hysterical mess. Alone. On the couch with a non-stop nursing baby. Bad idea jeans!!!
  • @Semuelle77 I love the call the Midwife series! I started watching it middle of the night feeds postpartum too and it brought on all the tears but I still loved it. I mostly had trouble with the stories that didn’t have happy endings. Reading the books talked more about the workhouses than the episodes (especially in the second book) and those just broke my heart to pieces. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• AAAG13AAAG13 member
    edited August 2019
    @MrsVP614 I feel like I popped this week too. And just as you said what I ate this past weekend didn’t help. I lost about 50 lbs since January so I have a lot of bigger clothes saved to be used as maternity but I’m just shocked that I have this bloated belly so soon. Ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @zetuslapetus ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! Make my heart go boom boom! My super nova girl!! 
  • Another week since my last post. I'm 6w/3d and still pretty status quo. I have sore nipples/boobs and feel it most when I am at the gym... I have zero boobs (mostly muscle) in this department so the increase in boob size will be the first give a way. I'm an A and with my son I was a D when he was born. Im still eating the same foods I eat every day (everything is pre calculated for my macros and my training) and I plan to ride that out through my pregnancy. I'm tired, but I'm always tired, pregnant or not... I have no choice to keep going. I leave the house at 4:30am for the gym and dont get home from work till after I pickup my son from daycare... which is around 6. Meetings off and on all day in and out of the office. Hes in bed 7:30ish and I eat dinner at 8 and head to bed 9-9:30 if I dont have to work OT. 
    My first apt is 8/14... not sure what it entails or what they plan for AMA. I know my intake last time was just question and I didnt hear the HB till 11 weeks I think. 
  • Hi ladies! Lots of nausea but it’s starting to lighten up at 8weeks! I’m not craving much besides pizza so I have been eating nothing but garbage. I also peed 3 times last night which is so annoying! And I know I’m moody as ever. Can’t wait to feel slightly sane again!
  • Anyone else with night sweats already? I had my first one last night. Woke up completely drenched. Boo. 
  • I am 6 six weeks and nauseous all day long.  Seriously, all day!! Any smell sets me off.  I have been vomiting about 1-2 times a day and dry heaving the rest of the times.  Is anyone else this nauseous?  I'm wondering if I should call my doctor.