November 2019 Moms
Options

July Randoms

12346»

Re: July Randoms

• Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @purplefan1 I love Primary! It just sometimes takes forever to arrive it seems. Maybe that's just me since Amazon has trained me to think anything over 2 days is too long  :D

@emeraldcity1214 I'm jealous of your massage, that sounds so relaxing! I want to look into scheduling one soon, too!
  • Options
    rogro118rogro118 member
    edited July 2019
    @purplefan1 we love primary too!  Their  stuff washes very well with next to no shrinking.  I also love Kate Quinn Organics, they’re pricier but they’re having a 50% off sale right now.  Their bamboo line is super soft, and their long sleeve onesies are the cute kimono style ones.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    We got got at old navy. Did not mean to buy much. Walked out with $70 worth of crap. Then Macy's, then target... oops 

I've temporarily (but hopefully permanantly) switched shifts. Starting at 6:30am was rough, but being in the pool at home by 3:30 is SO worth it. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else out of breath all the time? I can’t tell if it is due to having this cold still or if he is pushing on my diaphragm. All I know is that it is a struggle to walk at this point. 
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I just saw an ad for Primary and the cutest rainbow heart pjs! I'm trying to talk myself into them even though baby doesnt NEED them. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I definitely get out of breath much easier these days!
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    I've been getting out of breath easier too. Walking hasn't been too bad yet, but if I have to bend over to pick something up off the ground forget about it. And so. Much. Sweat. I mean it's hot where I work, but I was sweating at 7:00 this morning doing nothing. Good first impression on my new coworkers 😂
  • Options
    Omg yes @angieeeeee, bending over is so hard these days. Putting socks on is such a chore now.
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 I’m super out of breath, especially with walking!

@angieeeeee I hate bending over now...it’s so hard lol

The AC wasn’t working in my office yesterday and today...it was SO AWFUL!! I brought in a tower fan today and that helped but geez I’m a sweaty mess
  • Options
    @gumby22c baby definitely needs the rainbow hearts pjs! Buy them! I just bought my toddler some new stuff from there and am holding off til baby gets here to order some stuff for them. I hesitate to buy 0-3 month clothes but dont want to get 3-6 month if I have another tiny peanut. Once baby arrives, IM BUYING ALL THE HEART AND RAINBOW JAMMIES! I already have one set of rainbow jammies for the two of them to wear together since they are both my rainbow babies.  :-)
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    @rogro118 I'd never heard of Kate Quinn, but their stuff is adorable! I might have taken advantage of the sale...

@emeraldcity1214 I'm not out of breath walking yet, but anything else (bending over, going upstairs at our house) takes it out of me for a bit. I wasn't expecting this so early on.

@purplefan1 I'm trying so hard to hold off until baby gets here. Just buying a few 0-3 and some 3-6 month things. But when I see cute outfits on sale it's so hard  :D 
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I got some of the rainbow pjs. Enough to last the first year. I also want a few little onesies that have rainbows. I just bought myself a silhouette so I may make my own. 
  • Options
    I have been awake sipping my coffee for almost half an hour now and my kids are still sleeping. 🙌. Aaaannd one just woke up. 😂
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 - I haven't beaten my kids awake in the longest time.  But those occasional mornings when I can make my to do list and eat toast in peace are glorious.

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 the mornings that Ive had to myself to just be have been the most relaxing and therapeutic days. By time my kiddo gets up Im actually excited to see her and get to playing. I try to schedule in some days I can get up earlier than she does just for those moments. But she is back to sleeping like an a* so it seems like no matter when I set my alarm she is waking me up 20 minutes earlier.
  • Options
    @purplefan1 - HAHAHAHAHA My kids are also on the terrible sleeping...actually that is not true, the sleeping is fine.  The time they wake up needs work. 

I can't complain though, my husband wakes up at 4 so he gets them when they start their mornings at 5/5:30 and I mosey down around 6:30.  But jumping right into the fray is so hard.
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I have actually taught my kids to play quietly in their room until I come get them. So usually we wake at the same time and I still come downstairs and have my coffee and personal quiet time before I go get them. I have even taught them to make their beds and clean their room before I come in to get them. Usually my youngest sleeps until I go in and wake her but some days she just rolls around her crib quietly talking/playing until I come get her. I don’t allow toys in their room but they have books to read and 1 special toy they get to bring up and sleep with at night. It helps that my 5 and 3 year old share a room so they entertain each other.  
  • Options
    Does anyone use that okay to wake clock type thing? That turns a color when its okay to get up? Just curious. DS is still in a crib haha but planning ahead.

Letting him take a book to his crib while he falls asleep has been a game changer for us. He flips through it for a little while and then he goes to sleep when he's ready. No screaming.

I am usually up before him since I try to get up around 4:45 to fit in a bit of work before he wakes up. He used to get up very early but now seems to be in a phase where he is sleeping until 6 or so which is okay.
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease the okay to wake clock is how I taught my kids to play quietly in their room. They would wake ridiculously early and I told them that they had to play quietly until the clock turned green. I was usually on my way up to their room when it was about to turn green. Now I have just phased it out. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease we used the okay to wake clock with our son when we transitioned him to his big bed. It worked well for the most part. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease that thing is GENIUS. The kid I nannied for in grad school used to wake up like a bat out of heck- full speed! This was pre- fancy baby clocks. We took a regular big digital alarm clock (think grandpa style) and taped over the minutes. Told her when the clock said 7 she could come out. I wish I had thought to make those new clocks... I’d be so stinkin rich! 😂😂
  • Options
    These clocks sound genius!
  • Options
    You all convinced me. I'm ordering the clock for when DS goes into his toddler bed!

I'm not feeling so good today.. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong but I'm low-level nauseous and when I was getting ready for work my vein in my hand was like popping out of my skin and my heart was racing. I have a meeting this morning but I think I'm going to finish working from home after that. I slept like crap and was really anxious about some work stuff all night so it's probably connected.
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease I hope you feel better.