November 2019 Moms
Options

July Randoms

Re: July Randoms

• Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 I'm so glad you stuck to your guns with Natera. That would make me so frustrated. I heard of that happening to people before and I wanted to avoid having the back and forth conversations so I opted for their cash price which was $249. Now their affiliate EverCord or whatever keeps calling/emailing and asking if I want to cord blood bank -_-

@creamcheeseplease ditto! I need to get in on this pool situation. I'm sitting here sweating my butt off in my office. But real talk...TMI...I feel like my crotch is always overheated lately! Ugh 

Btw did anyone watch Stranger Things over the weekend? 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease My Youngest was turned in an odd position for labor and delivery. I think it’s called sunny side up. I could actually feel her turning right before I went into transition during labor. It brought on back labor for those contractions. My OB told me to do those stretches and it would help her get into a better position. So I did it daily. I’m not sure if it helped but I only had back labor when she was turning and not the entire time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went on an adventure today. We went up to a reserve and walked a few trails and we saw an area of water. When we walked up to it I was shocked at how clear it was. You could see everything. The mountains are so beautiful. It is suppose to rain tomorrow and I’m hoping it takes the smoke from the wild fires away so I can get some decent pics of them. 
  • Options
    Sorry, I’m posting stuff and then reading the rest of everyone’s replies and posts. A little backwards. 

I plan to watch Stranger Things either tonight or tomorrow. I binged the last 2 seasons not too long ago. 

Has as anyone seen Dark? It is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 We are 5 episodes in! I love Stranger Things!
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @runningfortwo81 gah! I love it too! Thought this season was so good. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 hmmm... DS was sunny side up too, but he never turned and I was not told that until afterwards.. very interesting! I'll keep up with my cat cow this time! 

I can't wait to watch stranger things.. I think we're starting tonight!
  • Options
    @mc0303 we haven’t started yet but plan to! We’re currently watching another show that we’re planning to finish first and then will switch over. Super excited for it!

• Options
    I started Stranger Things last night. It was good! 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    I want y'all to be done with stranger things so we can talk about itttt :smiley:

• Options
    @mc0303 I will binge at least 2 episodes during nap time today. Just for you! 😊
  • Options
    @mc0303 maybe I can convince my husband we should start it tonight!
  • Options
    @mc0303 start a stranger things discussion thread!! 
  • Options
    I think we need a BB thread too. 😂 I need to talk about how badly the first HOH flipped out. She would be my number 1 target right now. She is already cracking under the pressure and it’s only week 1. 
  • Options
    FOMO on the strangers things thread til I catch up hahaha

@emeraldcity1214 I also watch BB but haven’t started this season yet because DH refuses to watch and I haven’t had any alone TV time since it’s started! There’s always one who immediately cracks and it always baffles me, like what did you expect going on the show?!? 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 - I am in for a BB thread but first I shall catch up so I should be good to talk about it within a few days. :P

And RIGHT ?!?! Don't know how many people remember Derrick's season but Devin from that season killed me with his cracking under pressure.  He seemed so cool and confident and then he lost it to paranoia like week 2.  So good.
  • Options
    I could never be on the show. I am a nervous person generally and can’t stand situations with high pressure. I would be under a blanket in the diary room within 2 weeks max! 
  • Options
    @gumby22c does HIH still do a site wide BB thread? I loved keeping up with that thread. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I had to go look since that's not a thread I ever followed, but it looks like they do. It's under the films/book/TV board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @gumby22c ok, now I’m going to have to go check it out. That is my all time favorite. I can’t stand watching the live feeds but some of those ladies watch it all day long. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    I forgot how much hotter the water gets in our front bathroom, and I just burned my butt trying to take a bath 😐
  • Options
    Yes to a BB thread!

And my kiddo was sunny side up as well but flipped somewhere before she came out. Back labor was stupid awful and on top of the pitocin was just not what I expected at all. I read that anterior placentas often increase the chances of sunny side up labors so thinking this one might be sunny side up as well. My doc said it isnt a big deal but holy moly back labor every one.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people who had awful back labor with a prior pregnancy. I didnt really know that's what it was at the time and thought that's just what contractions felt like. I still dont know what a normal contraction feels like as I never had BH either last time. 🤷‍♀️ I'm really hoping for no back labor again this time! 
  • Options
    I will start a BB thread since we have so much interest. Or someone else can! 

The heat wave in AK has ended. I was able to wear my pajama pants all day yesterday without getting hot. I also didn’t have to sleep with an ice pack. I was even able to use my comforter last night while I slept. Although, the fact that it is 65 as the high kinda scares me for what winter has in store. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 - Have you seen a moose yet?  Someone recently sent me a video of a moose in Alaska laying down in someone's sprinkler. :)
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 that is bonkers!!! That would totally mess up my sleep. Do you have black out curtains and all that? I like pitch black when I sleep so I have regular curtains, black out curtains, and use an eye mask. I also cover any little electronic lights. 

• Options
    @mc0303 I have blackout shades and curtains in my room. I also use a mask. The kids only have regular blinds and blackout curtains. Their rooms don’t get as dark as mine but they seem to be sleeping fine. Although, my 5 yo told me the other night she shouldn’t have to go to bed when the sun is still up. I told her it will be up all night and she still has to sleep. 

What at gets me is in the late evenings I usually get signaled from the fact it is pitch black out that I need to be thinking of going to bed soon. I don’t have that signal here. When the sun “goes down” it just looks like dusk and then it merges into dawn and then it’s bright out again. I don’t even feel tired at 11 but I force myself to lay down and then I just pass out. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 oh man that sounds rough!
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 that’s so hard! I hope it’s like an acquired skill to help your body wind down
  • Options
    @mc0303 My MIL said she has to set a reminder for bed on her phone. Otherwise she completely forgets to go to bed until she can’t hold her eyes open anymore. 😳
  • Options
    Wow that is a really pretty picture @emeraldcity1214 but I cannot imagine having that much light at night! I am sure it really messes with your internal rhythm. I'm hoping for a moose pic too!  On the opposite side though it will probably be quite dark in winter, right?

Happy Friday... any fun weekend plans? I'm having a friend and her daughter over on Sunday for a couple hours to plan in our little splash pool, and I have to do grocery shopping/cleaning etc. MH will be working all weekend so I'm hoping I get a lot of billable hours in after DS is sleeping, too. 

• Options
    We have a playdate tomorrow and then husband and I are leaving the girls with a set of grandparents and have a double date night including an escape room so we are excited to get to be adults for an evening.

Side note: Fridays are my 'level up' week wise.  23 weeks today! I always love reading everything about the new week because I don't let myself until it is Friday. 
  • Options
    @Dancer688 Fridays are my level up day as well! 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease winter brings lots of darkness and northern lights. So I’m very excited about seeing that. I will be sure to spam you all with tons of photos of that. 
  • Options
    I strait up failed today. I wore regular jean shorts out shopping which before too long were hurting my stomach,  i got too hot and didnt drink any water until I finally paid $3 for a bottle of water at Old Navy. So now my stomach hurts, Im dehydrated, and I hate clothes.

Im also at this weird point where none of my maternity clothes from last pregnancy fit because I was 30lbs heavier at this point then but I dont want to buy a lot of maternity clothes for just the next 4 months because it seems like a waste of money. Did find two cute tops at motherhood so splurged. We are going to vacation tomorrow and it is going to be hot and Im going to be cranky. Have to remember to heavily hydrate. I dont even care if I am peeing every 15 minutes, the discomfort my belly feels when I start becoming dehydrated isnt worth it.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 It got dark super late when we were on vacation in Scotland and we found out it's the same latitude as Alaska. Everywhere we stayed there had some hard core blackout curtains. Good luck with the adjustment! 

We are painting our nursery this weekend, yay! Well let's be honest, my husband is painting it. I'm bad at painting. 😂
  • Options
    I’m so excited! I just made my first mom friend. We have a ton of stuff in common and conversation flowed easily. We are going to plan a play date next week. 
  • Options
    I’m sitting here watching Stranger Things and I feel this little guy ball up on the right side and my belly got all lopsided. Then he started kicking and the left side of my belly started dancing. He is getting so big!!! 
  • Options
    Dancer688Dancer688 member
    edited July 2019
    @emeraldcity1214 - YAY Mom friends!! They are so necessary and so hard to make at times.  Moving last year was really hard because I left behind an AWESOME mom network and it has taken so much more effort and work to find my tribe.  Still working on it, but at least I have a few people to regularly do playdates with.  

It was so much easier with my first because I just went to a new parent group so we were mostly FTM on maternity leave and we all were dealing with the same issues.  Miss those ladies something fierce.