Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: August Symptoms

• The only symptom I have is the fact that I have to pee every 10 seconds. Otherwise, status quo. Im 5w/5d.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Still over here just feeling like complete crap. I've been taking the unisom and b6, and while it helps me not throw up, I still feel nauseated and gag pretty much constantly. It also makes me SO.DANG.TIRED. We are leaving in a week for vacation and I'm really hoping I feel a little better (I'll be 10 weeks). Oh and my hormones are making me feel like a crazy person. 
  • @MrsVP614 that gif is actually me right now
    @kailanae are you from philly with those cravings ;) 
    @emmasemm any chance you've tried sour candies like sour worms or something similar? the sour & sugar can help some people! 

afm - I know food helps my nausea but by the time I'm towards the end I get gaggy... and tbh typing this makes me want to gag. it actually seems to be much worse today than other days. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin Not from Philly but I'm about an hour and a half away from there in MD!  I've never actually been, but with that craving seems like I need to take a visit to have a real cheesesteak.  :joy:  The manager of the team I worked on before my current team was from Philly and had big opinions on what was a "real" cheesesteak and a huge Eagles fan haha.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • @kailanae lol I'm an import, so I do not have the love for cheesesteaks or the eagles, but I do know there are BIG opinions out there about them. I don't even like cheesesteaks honestly. however, the chinese food here is A+
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @emmasemmSame w/ the running out of things I can stomach. Even the thought of cleaning out the fridge makes me feel sick. All I want is fruit.

@chichiphin it's been SO HARD for us to find decent Chinese where we are in the south. i don't typically eat/enjoy meat, so when people ask me cheesesteak advice, i just say Jim's on South Street & teach them how to order properly. And, if they are trapped in a cheesesteak binary, Pat's over Geno's, all day.

@kailanaeI'm your resident Huge Eagles Fan on this board! 💚I had the best bowl of soup I ever had in my life in MD--some sort of fish chowder soup that I got when we were driving through and I was a kid. (Now I want fish chowder RIGHT NOW.)

• I get nauseous when people on here just write about seafood :confounded:
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Thanks @rs0806. I know you’re right! I’m just fearing I’ll gain a huge amount of weight. 
  • edited August 2019
    I've been taking bonjesta for a week now for nausea and vommitting. MS was SO intense that I was starting to lose weight. The medicine definitely makes me sleepy, so I've played with the dosage a bit and only take it at night before bed. I get a little gaggy around dinner when it wears off. But I have to keep up with my son (who is now potty training-- we're already stuck at home lol, why not?), so sleeping all day isn't an option. I just can't wait to get to the 2nd trimester and start feeling like a normal person again. I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, so hopefully just 3 more of feeling down and out. It's been rough!
  • I am exhausted. More so than I was the first time around. I’m a bit worried about how I am going to manage once school starts back and I can’t sit around all day being lazy. I have to eat immediately after waking up or I end up shaky and feel sick. So long as I keep a steady stream of protein entering my body I feel okay. Bloated, but okay. 
  • I’m about 9 weeks and have been having more discharge...tmi haha like watery and sometimes yellowish. Anyone else experiencing this at all?
    Also, I feel you all on the nausea and carbs —why doesn’t a vegetable sound good anymore lol
  • I can’t believe how pregnant I feel already lol it’s like everything I eat makes me bloat, I’m exhausted and I can’t stop peeing! I know it’s all typical pregnancy symptoms but I’ve never been one to wake up in the middle of the night to pee but that seems to be the new norm for me. Anyone have really sore nipples? I think my breasts have been my biggest symptom so far. Need to look into some maternity bras. 

All this talk of Chinese food and cheesesteaks is amazing! lol I know what I’m searching for this weekend 

@mininovak I’m a little over 8 weeks now and I’ve had sometimes watery/yellowish discharge. I’m assuming it’s normal lol 
  • I've been so tired, I've been napping in my car on my lunch breaks.  I'm bloated and my boobs are sore. I've been having sudden, very specific food cravings. No nausea this time, which I am eternally grateful for. I was really sick with both of my previous pregnancies, and I was dreading it this time. Those of you with nausea, I feel for you and I hope it eases up soon. ♥️
  • @stacey6689 I'm with you on the sore nipples. I can't tolerate most of my bras right now. I've been mostly wearing sports bras. 
  • All I could think about all day was eating at Olive Garden. H took me for dinner and I immediately threw up everything I ate. How disappointing. At least I have a ton of leftovers for tomorrow hopefully. 
  • I’m feeling exhausted and nauseous all the time. The only foods I can stomach are carbs and fruit. Lots of dry heaving and occasional throwing up. It feels similar to my other pregnancies, but this go around may a bit worse. With my girls, my MS ended around week 13 so I am looking forward to that! 
  • @mrsc918 That protein powder sounds interesting! I'm usually not big on protein shakes, but I may look into it.

AFM, I'm feeling pretty okay overall, just tired. But that's always. 
    I do have to eat more frequently or I start to feel mild nausea. I'm also worried about weight gain, but it didn't stop be from eating 3 donuts this morning at work that I bought to celebrate a co-worker. Ha! 

I'd like to start walking more, so I'm hoping the weather cools down in the second tri so I can get more active. Right now I feel like I'm just trying to survive and my health goals have gone out the window. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @mrsc918 I just ordered protein powder last night. Smoothies have been a saving grace. My DD loves that I am drinking something green (spinach or baby kale) and, like you, I feel good knowing I am getting some good stuff into me. The slow consumption of protein also helps my nausea/heartburn. I lived on Bolthouse Farms chocolate protein shakes last time. This go around I need to mix it up a bit. The slightly ticker texture also helps me to swallow the ginormous horse pills that are prenatal vitamins. Why are they so big?!?
  • I’ve been getting more dizzy/carsick than outright nauseous. Right now it’s particularly  awful and I keep belching. Ugh. I felt ravenous about an hour ago and ate two bowls of cereal, which I am now sorely regretting. I only actually threw up a handful of times when pregnant last time and it was later in the first tri. Hope I’m not worse off this go round. 
  • Does anyone else have low blood pressure? I had this later in my pregnancy with DS but it’s already happening!  I have a monitor at home, and this morning it was 93/57  :open_mouth: I’m not really sure what to do to combat it. 
  • I’m 6 weeks today, very tired in the afternoons and it’s hard for me to know if I always am or if I’m just noticing it more now? Im not nauseous per se, but my stomach doesn’t feel right. I just want to keep eating chips or anything really because I feel like it will make my stomach better. Im also getting full really quickly which is not usual for me at all. Boobs are still sore, have been since I found out 2 weeks ago.
  • @miss.sally I read somewhere that low blood pressure is normal when KU--don't make yrself nuts just bc you can test it at home!
  • @miss.sally is that low? Mine was 90/60 at my appointment and the nurse said it was great 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @miss.sally, are you hydrating enough? That used to be my daily bp, which resulted in a few vaso vagal episodes (passing out.) Once I stated to consistently drink 8+ cups a day it has gone up to 110/75, on average. Right now our blood volume is increasing due to the pregnancy. I find I need to drink even more.
  • @akak23 I could just copy and paste everything you just wrote lol.  Also 6w!

I haven't been nauseous, but I don't quite feel right.   My boobs are SO SORE!  I did not know that was a pregnancy symptom, and now it's gotten to the point where I think I might wear a sports bra to bed.  Getting out of bed is painful without a bra on! 
  • @julia_xo lol! I hugged a friend goodbye yesterday after dinner and about yelped from her squishing my boobs! 
  • @julia_xo @akak23 The boob pain is unreal!
  • 6w today - feeling a good array of symptoms...

Nausea from 9:30am to 11:30am and 5pm to 7pm like clockwork. I've discovered I can keep it at bay by eating really salty things every two hours or so, but this doesn't seem like a healthy solution. I craved salt with my first pregnancy too (and as a teenager - I figure that it's all due to high hormone levels??), but not with my loss so I'm taking it as a good sign.

Boobs started hurting last week and are super painful by the end of the day, hugs, even walking, hurts...been wearing an old nursing bra to bed. 

Fatigue from 3pm, hits like a ton of bricks. Especially if I'm out and about with my toddler.

But all things considered, I feel pretty good. I had really bad morning sickness with my first from about 10 weeks to 14 weeks, with week 12 being utterly miserable (throwing up 15 times a day kind of thing). So, right now I feel OK. And if I have the same again, hopefully I'll be able to count on it letting up relatively quickly too.
  •  I have to really give it up to you ladies that had really bad symptoms with your first babies and here you are doing it all over for number 2. This is my first pregnancy, and while I realize my symptoms could be worse....I am still totally miserable. I am dreading the thought of things with MS getting even worse as weeks progress and just praying it gets better after first trimester. DH really wants 2 kids and I’m just like gosh, doing this again does not sound appealing. I totally realize I should just be feeling thankful, but man is this hard! 
  • @mrsc918 IMO (and experience), first tri is the worst of it cos you feel sick and blah but don’t get much positive feedback (like baby wiggles and kicks and ultrasounds that look human). Then, of course, labor is an ordeal, but at the end of it you have a kid that you quickly realize you would have done anything for. 
  • MadamemerleMadamemerle member
    edited August 2019
    mrsc918 said:
     I have to really give it up to you ladies that had really bad symptoms with your first babies and here you are doing it all over for number 2. This is my first pregnancy, and while I realize my symptoms could be worse....I am still totally miserable. I am dreading the thought of things with MS getting even worse as weeks progress and just praying it gets better after first trimester. DH really wants 2 kids and I’m just like gosh, doing this again does not sound appealing. I totally realize I should just be feeling thankful, but man is this hard! 
    Haha - yeah, like orbmaker says - having a baby that you are head over heels for at the end of it, makes it seem like nothing :) 

But I have to say also that despite having bad morning sickness, I otherwise felt incredible while pregnant the first time - extremely healthy and fit and strong and all the usual complaints I have just went away (no migraines, no back pain, etc) It was kind of weird, and when I spoke to my doctor about it she said that I likely have PMDD, which is an extreme form of PMS (basically half the month I feel TERRIBLE) and being pregnant stopped all that. So - despite the usual pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy actually makes me feel much better than usual, which is probably not the case for most people!
  • @mrsc918 I'm on #3 here and I find that after a while, the memory of what 1st tri was really like tends to fade.  Then I get in 1st tri with the next one and tell myself "ugh I don't remember it being this gross".  But it passes! :joy:
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • 7 weeks, 3 days - no nausea yet! Please tell me I shouldn’t be concerned. So anxious. I do have other symptoms - sore breasts, major fatigue, gas... thanks in advance for the support!
  • @espinell05 my first pregnancy was that way - totally normal! 

Afm, my nausea & light headedness is awful. I feel like absolute poo and I’m only 5+4
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18