February 2020 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying.

Stolen from another BMB. Emotions are rampant! Let's hear the funny, sad, silly reasons why we are crying! 

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying.

• Loading the player...
  • I literally just cried on my way back to work after picking my daughter up at her day camp. I am the only one here today, I am exhausted, nauseous and have to keep my daughter entertained as well as work for the next 3.5 hours. I just want to go home and sleeeeep. 
  • @noxacanthus your tears were completely justified. Olives are NOT watermelon. 

I read this Calvin and Hobbes fan fiction and was bawling last night. 

https://medium.com/@playmaker/in-the-final-minutes-of-his-life-calvin-has-one-last-talk-with-hobbes-4f6d76dc9cae
  • @noxacanthus I agree. Definitely would’ve cried over that!

I’m just randomly crying. Like commercials will get me, tv shows, anything cute hahha
    TW
  • @brookert615 commercials and TV have been my waterworks switch!
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • lanie1000 said:
    @noxacanthus your tears were completely justified. Olives are NOT watermelon. 

I read this Calvin and Hobbes fan fiction and was bawling last night. 

https://medium.com/@playmaker/in-the-final-minutes-of-his-life-calvin-has-one-last-talk-with-hobbes-4f6d76dc9cae
    That made me ugly cry. My husband looked at me when I came out of our room, asked if I was crying  and why, the laughed at me. Lolol
  • I’m the only pregnant person who doesn’t cry. I didn’t last time and I haven’t this time either. It feels bizarre 
  • I don't normally watch these kind of TV shows, but my husband showed me the Kodi Lee America's Got Talent performance. So moving, and so many tears! He was like "wow, you are pregnant!"
  • kiwi2628 said:
    I’m the only pregnant person who doesn’t cry. I didn’t last time and I haven’t this time either. It feels bizarre 
    I don’t really cry more than usual when i’m pregnant either. Maybe tear up a bit over sweet/sad stuff but not over small/annoying stuff.

That Calving and Hobbes though!! 😭 that would make anyone cry! I love those two.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • @babylawyer Oh my gosh! That’s awful!!! I’m so sorry! 
    TW
  • edited July 2019
    @babylawyer, wow, that is a real reason to cry, Starbucks is spendy and that person should've made you another drink on the house. 

We had a couple that we have known for 6 yrs over. She even came to my wedding abroad, we were pregnant at the same time, etc. Today she just decided to be an ice witch. Wouldn't touch my food that I broke my back over, wouldn't let the kids eat, asked to leave after 30 min. And wouldn't talk, just answered questions with the min. She was so rude I couldn't even tell her the good news. I'm not sure what I did or didn't do but it was pretty obvious we are over. So I cried.
  • @sunshinegarden WTF to your friend! Any chance she was pissed at her SO and not you?
  • @sunshinegarden ugh. I’m so sorry you went through that. I’m with @jvk2012. Maybe there was something else going on in her life that she took out on you? (Still a crappy move on her part.) Hopefully she reaches out soon to explain/apologize. Otherwise, good riddance to bad friends. 
  • @kiwi2628 I don’t cry when I'm pregnant (unless it’s something I would normally have cried about which isn’t often) but postpartum look out! I am a ball of emotions! My doctor called because my 2nd needed to be put under the lights and I was bawling on the phone because I was thinking I failed her! My doctor had to talk to my husband because I couldn’t get any words out! It was awful to just cry and not be able to stop! But it’s never happened when I am pregnant!
  • @doodleoodle, I am so glad I'm not the only one crying over Disney movies right now. 

@daffodil_shoe, don't worry people will ask but a lot of people would kill for 2 boys, more men to help out later. I worry too and tell myself just don't do anything your current MIL does and you will be fine. That includes making passive judgemental comments on how I treat her son, cook, clean and breath. Or being obsessed with my son in a weird over attached way. I will not be the first one to kiss my son when he comes home from work! Yeah I can't stand my MIL.....
  • @daffodil_shoe I wouldn't worry too much about your future DIL. The stereotype is an antagonistic relationship, but I genuinely loved my MIL. She was a wonderful person who always made me feel so welcome in her family. Unfortunately, she passed away shortly after we were married. 
  • @daffodil_shoe I second what @noxacanthus said. My MIL is one of the nicest people in the world and treats me as if I were one of her kids. Do that and you'll be just fine. 
  • The last episode of Stranger Things had me tearing up.
  • I cried watching “Always Be My Maybe” and it seemed silly. Like I wasn’t even sure why I was crying.
  • @cmd723-z
    Only tearing up? I was one stop shy of full on ugly sobs. I sat and told my husband "I'm not crying! You're crying!"
  • Had a unit meeting today at work, and security came to talk to us about active shooters. I was choking back tears watching the mock video of an active shooter 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • @daffodil_shoe oh I’m sorry. That sounds really heavy. Honestly, that is a huge fear of mine at work and would likely trigger a reaction from
    me, too. 
  • My OB gave me paperwork to fill out before our next appointment and specifically asked us to call our insurance company and give them the codes of the prenatal testing and our insurance said “100 percent covered it in-network” so I was super excited. Today I called my OB to verify the testing was in our network and she just got all rude and was like “it’s probably not covered”. Like no more info? So now in my car crying because she made me irrationally upset.
    TW
  • @brookert615 ugh...I’m so sorry. I hope your OB was wrong. Did they even bother to check before blurting out that it’s not covered?? 

I was listening to a Disney radio station for my 2 year old DD and a song from the Princess Frog came on and it made me think about how sweet it will be to share all of my favorite Disney animated films with her one day. 
  • @lanie1000 No they didn't check. I mean I assume it's the receptionist who is the one who submits everything so she could at least give me info of where the testing is through so I could at least call and see if it's through my insurance. I mean our insurance is very good because DH works for a school district so I'm wondering if she just was taking her lunch or something and wanted me off of the phone. RUDE! lol. Anyways that is so cute about the Disney movies you'll share with your DD! Too sweet! 
    TW