Infertility

May 2019 FET

12346»

Re: May 2019 FET

• Got good news my betas were 205 & 395. Have to wait a couple weeks to find out if its 1 or 2 babies! Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes! Prayers for all you ladies on your journey to motherhood! 💜

@jolo1241 sorry to hear I have had both spotting and bleeding I know how scary it can be. Please keep us informed and prayers that everything is ok!! 
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited June 2019
    Just spotting. Doctor told us it was normal. But it's hard not to worry. Trying to stay positive. Had bw this morning, just waiting for the results. And congratulations! 
  • Loading the player...
    edited June 2019
    Just got our results from today's bw.
    [Spoiler] 14,609! Our first ultrasound is Monday!  [/spoiler]
  • Hi, everyone. I will be doing an FET sometime in the near future. Basically my eggs were not good at all, we used a donor. And today we just got the results that only one of five embryos was PGS normal. With 20 eggs retrieved, only one good one. We were crushed. Devastated. 

Long story short, $40,000 later we have ONE shot at this. One. I have endometriosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc, not the healthiest body. I am really, really nervous about having one shot at this. I cant afford to do another donor cycle. 

I would really appreciate any advice on how to prepare for an FET, all the things that should be done etc. He did the xray of the fallopian tubes/uterus and that was normal. My lining in general has been good. He wants to do the saline sono about two months before we do the transfer, I thought that it should be done closer?

other than estrogen, progesterone, are there other meds people have used? And lastly, are there any immunology tests anyone has done prior to this? My immune system and health has not been good, but no one finds much except “fibromyalgia”. 

Sorry for all the questions. I am just very, very nervous. Thanks in advance. 
  • @jolo1241 Congrats on beta, great numbers!!

AFM My RE had a change of plans and I'm at the office now for a fresh 2day transfer. I didn't know that anyone transferred on day 2, but they are booked and because of my age its actually recommended. I don't know what to expect because last update I had yesterday was I had 1 good fertilized egg,  1 not so hot fertilized egg, and 2 pending fertilization. 
  • @casey301
    In addition to the regular meds, my RE had me on baby aspirin, DHEA, CoQ10, and a medrol (prednisone) dose pak during the transfer. The medrol pak is largely done to prevent inflammation and immune issues from blocking implantation. You might also want to try some massage and acupuncture. I just had a mock transfer before the actual transfer, no new saline sono or anything (I had that done when we first started w/ the clinic). 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

edited June 2019
    Prednisone here too. Told it would suppress the immune system from keeping the embryo from implanting. Just for a few days though. First ultrasound tmrw!
    edited June 2019
    Back from the ultrasound. 
    [Spoiler] We've got a heartbeat! Around 170 bpm. Another scan next Monday and soon graduating to OBGYN. [/spoiler]
  • @jolo1241 Wonderful news, congratulations!
  • Hi ladies...

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to give you all an update.

** Miscarriage 

Today I went for my 8 week us, the doctor could not find the heart beat. I'm scheduled for a D&C on Thursday. The week prior everything looked ok, I had some brown spot and it went away the next day, however I went to the doctor, my RE did an us and said he had no concerns the HB was 129 and today no heart beat. We are completely devastated. 

• @rondah28 So sorry to hear that. You're in our thoughts and prayers. 
  • @rondah28 So extremely sorry, I had the same thing happen at 9wks and found out during Christmas this past year. There are no words, You will be in my thoughts.