Infertility

May 2019 FET

Re: May 2019 FET

• jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited May 2019

Been lurking until now. It's our first round of IVF so this is all new to us. We wish everyone a safe and healthy attempt. We have been TTC for a few years now, naturally. No luck. Tried IUI with Ob and no luck. We had FET with Dr Shamma on Thursday, May 16. One 5 day blast, PGS 5AA. This us our first attempt. 33 and DH is 39. No known problems on the female side, motility, morphology, and low count for DH. Egg retrieval was on March 17th. PGS took us back another month then broke through the Lupron so pushed back again. 7 eggs, with ICSI, 6 fertilized, 3 made it to cryo. 14mm lining at FET. Taking PIO, estrogen patch and 3 pills a day, baby aspirin, started blood thinner shot today. Our beta is 5/28 (Memorial Day pushed it back one day). We also have bloodwork on Monday 5/20, and think it's just for hormone check? Not sure if this is normal. I know it's a lot of info for a first post, but we're just trying to get through this TWW. And just talking and telling our story seems to help.
  • After spending my morning in the ER for an unrelated issue, they ran a beta before they could treat me. Came back 0, same as last time. My DH and I previously decided if this transfer failed, we were not going to attempt again with IVF. In the past, we have been able to conceive on our own so no one seems to have answers as to why 2 FETs have failed. I am hoping, armed with the information we now have about my issues during pregnancy, that if we were to conceive again on our own, we could have a successful pregnancy. Good luck and sticky baby dust ladies ♡♡
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome @jolo1241 Welcome to the group and the 2ww. I'm also on blood thinner shots with the PIO shots. Take is easy and Good Luck!
  • @aconklin214 So sorry to hear, I know the blow is hard every time to take. Take care of yourself and I wish you the best of luck that things turn out the way the need to on their own.
  • Thanks, @lemondrop1976 Just relaxing as much as possible. It's hard to keep your mind occupied 😂
  • @aconklin214 - I am so sorry, my heart breaks for you. Take the time you need to get through this and then pick yourself up higher than you’ve ever been.

@rondah28 - Congratulations to you!!! Exciting! When is your beta?

Afm, I’m struggling. Tested again today and still totally negative. Not even the hint of a squintier for me to make believe that there could be a positive. I’m 10dp5dt so I’m resigning to the painful fact that it’s pretty much over. My beta is on 5/22. 

If anyone knows of any miracle long shot BFP’s this late in the game kindly share the stories, I need to find hope somewhere in order to get me through until otd.

❤️

• @saidebea my friend did IVF two years ago, she didn’t test early, but her first beta was 24 (which would have been too low for a BFP). They told her it was likely a chemical, but 9 months later she had a baby boy, so it’s possible to have a BFN the day of beta and still be pregnant :)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - Oh, wow!! That’s wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing. I’m only surviving these days on the good stories of others. 

Curious from everyone- My beta is 14dp then I go again at 16dp, does it seem most people go in at 9dp? 
  • Tested this morning and negative.  Only 6dpt so trying to maintain positive thoughts.
  • @bluguitarhannah It may definitely be too early, hang in there. I'm 9dpt and still have not tested but kinda cheating by taking my temp which is not as high as I like it. In the end no matter when or how won't change the final outcome anyway so minus well wait for the recommend time to test so there's no confusion.
  • @saidebea I just know that mine is 14dpt, but I had a 3day fresh transfer.
  • @saidebea my clinic always does beta at 14 days that's how it was for my IVF and this time too with the FET. My transfer is this Tuesday and beta on June 4th. Getting excited! 
  • @doubleblessings1124 - good luck to you!!! It is SO exciting ❤️

Relieved to hear that that others have their beta at 14dp, I was worried that it was out of the ordinary late. 
  • rondah28rondah28 member
    edited May 2019
    Good morning ladies!!!
    Today is beta day at 12dp!!!! I am so excited this day has finally arrived, this has been a long journey for us to get here with many obstacles in the way, but we pushed through and always stayed postive. I claim this positive beta and I prayer my beta number is high 😁  

Ronda
  • @rondah28 Love your positivity, Good luck today!
  • @rondah28 Good luck! Hope all goes well!

@doubleblessings1124 All our thoughts and good vibes!

Our beta is 12dpt. It would have been 11dpt but Memorial Day pushed us back a day. Had bloodwork today (4dpt) for estrogen and progesterone levels. 
  • Hi. I am going to catch up with everyone, but first I wanted to share my second beta results:

My first beta was on Thursday, and my second was today, so four days between.  My second beta is 1300!!!  Progesterone is 47.99 and Estradiol is 129.  I go back on Wednesday for blood and an ultrasound.  I'm not exactly sure what they check this early--probably for a sac.  I know it'll be too early for a heartbeat.  I had some spotting this morning and was freaking out.  The nurse said it might be from the progesterone suppositories because I have to insert them 3x per day.  I'm allergic to PIO.

Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• @bluguitarhannah & @saidebea -hoping you ladies still get a positive beta.  Testing early is so nerve-wracking.  I tested myself silly (still am.)

@lemondrop1976 - you have a lot of willpower not to test!

@rondah28 -GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!  Can't wait to hear, and I love your positive attitude.

@aconklin214 -so sorry you ended up in the ER and that it didn't work out :(  What information do you now have that will help conceive naturally?  So happy that it seems you at least got some answers and that you can conceive naturally.  Thinking of you.

@jolo1241 -Welcome!!!

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing Amazing! So excited for you!! I'm actually thinking about caving and POAS tomorrow morning. Knowing going in that it will ruin my entire week if its negative and still having to wait for BETA on Friday anyways...ugh
    edited May 2019
    @LoveDontCostAThing Congratulations! 

No POAS here. Too nervous...just going to wait
    edited May 2019
    My beta results are 307 :)

Hi Ladies.….My Beta is in and my beta results are:

• @rondah28 Awesome! 7 days away from ours!
  • @LoveDontCostAThing and @rondah28 woohoo such awesome betas  ♡♡

@LoveDontCostAThing TW my first 3 pregnancies were all natural. I miscarried the first, 2nd was a trisomy 18 that I lost at 22 weeks and the 3rd was a twin miscarriage. My 3rd one, my HCG doubled every 2 days for 3 consecutive blood draws but they never checked my progesterone. I had heartbeats and they were developing perfectly at 6 weeks. I started bleeding 2 days later and miscarried a week later. They stopped developing shortly after the sono.

When we started seeing the RE he ran a ton of tests including a new genetic test called Fertilome. The genetic test revealed I have low progesterone during pregnancy and MTHFR. My 4th pregnancy was a clomid pregnancy which was a blighted ovum. He then diagnosed me with poor egg quality and suggested a ER to confirm. After the ER he backtracked on the poor egg quality diagnosis and said based off my eggs he didn't think I had poor egg quality. Since we had already done the ER we decided to do the FETs but my DH and I always agreed if they failed we were done with IVF. My OBGYN immediately agreed to treat any future pregnancy based off the information the RE collected (progesterone suppositories and Lovenox injections). We know based off the ER that I can produce perfect looking eggs. It just seems we have always hit the unlucky lottery. IVF has drained me mentally, physically and emotionally and I know there is no way I can continue. If we happen to conceive naturally it will be awesome, but even if we don't, I accepted a few months ago that I cannot control everything and it is possible I may never have a child. 
  • @LoveDontCostAThing awesome second beta numbers!!!

I have my second beta tomorrow. 

Ronda

• Just reunited with 2 of my embryos! Beta is 6/4 and I won't be testing early. Hope the time flies by for all of us waiting. Congrats to those with good news already!
  • @doubleblessings1124 Congrats & Good Luck!!!
  • @doubleblessings1124 Glad to hear they are home for the 2ww, good luck!
  • Thank you ladies!!
  • Hi Ladies... I had my second beta today:

At 14dp5dpt my beta is 976

• Hi everyone! Im 8dp FET with 1 embryo. I'm 29 and DH is 34. PCOS is our issue in ttc. We had a wonderful first IVF cycle and were able to put 15 perfect embryos away. Having a lot of different symptoms like cramping, tired, feeling hot TMI diarrhea, gas and burping. But still getting negative pregnancy tests. Starting to feel like I'm going crazy. 
  • Hi.  I had my third beta and an ultrasound yesterday.  Results below:

My beta was around 3,100!!!  They saw that they wanted to see on the ultrasound, which was a sac and a yolk sac :)  Next week I go back and hopefully we will see the heartbeat!

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @rondah28 -great second beta!  when do they do an ultrasound?

@aconklin214  -you have been through so much.  I am so sorry for all that you've been through.  It must have been very difficult to come to terms with maybe not having a baby, but I hope that's not the case.  I am a believer that a lot of it is an odds game, and that eventually one will take and work out.  However, all that you've been through physically and emotionally, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to continue.  I wish you luck in whatever you decide <3

@aremdp8984 -welcome!  Symptoms can be so hard because progesterone can cause pregnancy-like symptoms as well.  My main symptom since transfer has been being soooooo tired.  When is your beta?  Are you testing with a FRER?

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing Congrats on Beta and US!

@rondah28 Great 2nd Beta!
  • Beta was negative today. Will move onto June. Two embryos left in storage.

• @LoveDontCostAThing I have my third beta on next Wednesday, May 29th and if everything looks good then they will schedule my US a week later. I have broke out with a rash all over my body and I've been itching all over. I saw my primary care doctor today and she didn't seem to be to concerned and said its probably pregnancy hormone and prescribed me a cream, but I've been in pain with the rash. I will be going back to the doctor in the morning. 

Ronda
  • @rondah28 -omg that happened to me when I was pregnant with my son.  Are you on crinone??  I had a horrible allergic reaction and itchy rash from crinone.  It was awful.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

edited May 2019
    @LoveDontCostAThing I'm taking the Progesterone Ethnyl Oleate shot. I've been taking it since 5/3 and have been tolerating it with no issues until recently, but I am almost 100% sure it's the progesterone. I talked to my RE nurse this week and she was not sure what was causing this, but after much research this is very common for women on PEO. It's gotten a little better, but I'm still concerned because I read it could cause celletius which could be very serious. I'm going to ask my doctor if I can switch the the progesterone with sesame. After the research I did, most women who had a reaction to the PEO said they swith to the progesterone with sesame and had no further reactions. Hopefully my doctor switches me. 

Ronda
    edited May 2019
    Congratulations to those with positive results. And to those with negatives, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Never give up!
    No symptoms at all here. Beta is on Tuesday. 10dpt5dt. Broke down and POAS today...
    [spoiler=POAS] Almost instant positive! [/spoiler]