Infertility

May 2019 FET

Re: May 2019 FET

• Thanks ladies! My transfer is actually schedule for June 6th but since I'm doing most of my FET cycle I will be on here reading from each one of you!
  • Had my appt today. Lining has stalled at 7.5, same as last week. We did another Neupogen infusion but I was told to prepare for another cancellation, as my doctor rarely does a transfer when lining is below 8. I go back tomorrow morning for one last check but I am sure my lining will be the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, that stinks. I’m sorry. Hopefully tomorrow will surprise you!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    Hello All!
    Update: My estrogen was 175 below the 200 my RE likes to see. I was prescribed 2 estrogen patches (replace every other day) and today's blood work came back today at 240! On schedule to stop Lupron (tonight is the last dose) and start PIO (progesterone in oil) in the morning (1/2cc am / 1cc pm, the 1.5cc indefinitely).
    Feeling Blessed!!!!
    Many Blessings to ALL of you!!
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • @LoveDontCostAThing sorry didn't see your question. I am not sure if the numbers matter or if it's the protocol determining what they do.

I have my second ultrasound tomorrow so hopefully all is on track.  Finally, not feeling like I'm going to throw up from the double estrogen.

@robyn11wilson -- AF was incredibly short for me as well but my dr said that would likely happen due to the timing and amount of meds.  Will keep my fingers crossed. We are four days ahead of you on 5/13.
  • Hello everyone! I'm jumping in here! I had my egg retrieval back in January and opted to do the ERA test and an FET based on the results of that test, so it's been a long few months waiting to get to our transfer time.

I went in today and my lining is at 9mm so my RE said I'm ready to rock, we are scheduled to transfer on Wednesday, 5/8 - eeeeeek! So excited and so nervous. 

Does anyone know if your uterine lining continues to thicken a bit once progesterone is started? I'm curious if I'll plump up a little more by the time the actual transfer happens. 

Happy to to be here in the May FET group, thanks for having me  <3
  • Woohoo cleared to go on 5/8. After reviewing my history, my RE realized my lining always stalls between 7.5-7.9. PIO and the rest of the meds started tonight. 5 days to go ♡
  • Cleared for 5/13 lining was good today.  Start the progesterone shots Tuesday.  Bloodwork was taken today so I felt better.
  • Hello,
    I'm scheduled for retrieval Tuesday 5/7. It was supposed to be 5/6, but my bloodwork today showed the Estradiol is still rising which means the follicles have a chance to grow more so trigger got pushed back until tomorrow night pending US and bloodwork. I will be doing a fresh 3D transfer.

@aconklin214 I have to start Lovenox again after transfer, it is by far the worst shot ever! This will be my 3rd cycle using them..after a few days I look like my stomach has been in multiple boxing matches:( I learned some tricks to make them more tolerable by putting an ice pack on 15mins prior to shot, pinching skin tighter, and injecting slowly. I nicked named the shot "The F Shot" after what I say repeatedly when getting it.
  • @aconklin214- that's great news!!!  so, the dr. thinks your lining will be okay at that thickness?  yay!!

As for me, my transfer is on Monday at 11am!!!  I think I'm the first May transfer!  So, it seems that all clinics are different.  I'm wondering what everyone's clinic recommends post transfer.  Mine has us rest both the day of transfer and the day after.  I had to take off work Monday and Tuesday.  What about everyone else?  I heard that some doctors recommend not resting and even walking to get blood flowing to uterus.  Very interesting!  
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited May 2019
    @lemondrop1976 they are seriously the worst shots. I do them before the PIO so that way I'm more focused on the burning in my stomach then the inch and a half needle going into my butt haha. 

@LoveDontCostAThing 7-8 is the reccomended thickness. FX this one is a strong blast that snuggles in and stays. 

My doc recommends 3 days bed rest. So I'm off Wednesday-friday. Also no sex till the beta. I'm okay to walk around, use the bathroom and sit basically but no heavy lifting. I'll be all over Netflix lol
  • Are any of your clinics saying you cannot drive yourself home? I don’t see why it matters if I drive.  My wife is a school teacher and she already lost a day for the uterine surgery and when I needed a spinal epidural for my neck.

It’s interesting you cannot wear scented soap.  I never wear perfume.
  • Excited for the ladies scheduled this week! Fingers crossed for all.

The variation in no activity is interesting to me.  Our Dr. told me I can go back next day.  Only sex and exercise limitations.
  • So much is starting to happen for our month! Wishing you all the best, especially those few that are transferring this week :)

My RE does bed rest day of transfer and then 3 days of couch potato rest. 

@bluguitarhannah My RE gives patients Valium before ETs to relax the uterus (also helps with relaxing the nerves!), so that may be the reason?
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • @bluguitarhannah @lovemygs- yes, my RE also gives valium the day of transfer, so I would assume that's why no driving.  Actually, I feel like I also remember hearing something about not driving because of the motion of "pressing down on the pedals," type thing.  You should call and ask the reason so you know if you need a ride.  Don't wanna mess anything up after all this work!!!

My transfer is tomorrow...ahh!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing I hope your transfer went well today!
  • @lemondrop1976 -thank you so much!!!  
    Here's my update:
    Transfer went well!  Only issue was that *TW* we started with 7 blasts from the most recent IVF, and my son was born as a result of this batch on the original fresh transfer.  We transferred two that time.  This time we transferred one because I had pre-eclampisa with my son so we cannot risk twins.  They thawed two because there were two on the same straw, with the plan to re-freeze one.  Anyway, we got there today, and we were shocked to find out that neither on the straw survived thaw!!!  So, they thawed the singleton (pictured below--I don't know how to add a spoiler box, so please let me know if not allowed) and the transfer went very smoothly!  Of course, I am sad about the original two, as they said it's rare to not survive thaw, but as the dr. said, it weeded out two non-viable blasts.  We did not PGS.  My only other thought is that I hope nothing was wrong with the way those two were frozen...

Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• @LoveDontCostAThing Good news to hear your transfer went well, try to enjoy the 2ww and stay positive!

AFM
    My retrieval is tomorrow morning. 
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    @LoveDontCostAThing So glad the transfer went well! Stay positive! When is your 1st beta
    lemondrop1976  All the best for your retrieval! Try to be as calm as you can ;-)

AFM
    My transfer is tomorrow late morning.
    Me and DH 44
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
  • @lemondrop1976- hope your retrieval is going well!!

@pgdwivf- thank you!!!   good luck with your transfer tomorrow!  My beta is on 5/16!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

•  I just got done the egg retrieval, so they were able to retrieve 4 eggs, not as much as I thought and less than the 5&6 eggs i got from the last cycles. I find out tomorrow how many fertilize...hopefully all 4 but that's wishful thinking.
  • @bluguitarhannah my RE prescribes 10mg of Valium so that's why they say I can't drive after. 

@LoveDontCostAThing happy to hear your transfer went well.

@lemondrop1976 positive thoughts your way.

@pgdwivf I go tomorrow also. 12:30pm.

My beta is 5/21 but I always test early on HPT. My first round of clomid, I waited till the beta and the negative crushed me. Knowing before the beta helps lessen the blow if it is negative, gives me time to deal with the emotions before my RE calls. 
  • @LoveDontCostAThing I hope that embaby is snuggling in tight!

@pgdwivf @aconklin214 I hope your transfers go smoothly tomorrow! (@aconklin214 I always test early too, and for the exact reason you mentioned)

@lemondrop1976 I understand how you're feeling.  During my ER in April, my left ovary was sitting up super high with blood vessels in the way, so my RE couldn't safely retrieve any eggs from that side.  He got 3 from my right side.  I was a mess, knew the cycle was over, thought there was no way any could make it to be frozen, let alone pass PGS testing...and here I am.  Two fertilized, two were biopsied and frozen on day 6, and one came back perfect after PGS testing.  Miracles from above, I tell ya.  Keep that hope alive!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • @aconklin214 Thank you!
    @lovemygs thanks for the hope, did you already transfer?
  • @lemondrop1976 Not yet. Wrapped up BCPs Saturday, so just on Lupron right now. My ET will be the last week in May. 
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
  • @lovemygs ok, sounds good, it will be time before you know it;)
  • rondah28rondah28 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi Ladies...

I'm been quite on this board, but I've been following everyone's progress. I have my transfer scheduled for tomorrow 5/8 :). I cant believe I am finally here its been a long road. I wish everyone good luck with there transfer.

Ronda

• Oh wow 3 of us tomorrow ☺ 
    Good luck @rondah28 @pgdwivf. FX for smooth transfers for all 3 of us 
  • @LoveDontCostAThing congrats on the transfer. 
    @pgdwivf I hope all goes well today. 

It's exciting to see May getting so busy!

• Good luck on the transfers today, you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Hello, here is my update...
    So out of the 4eggs retrieved yesterday, 2 were fertilized so far with one of the two showing abnormalities as of now.

The other 2 were not mature enough to fertilize yesterday so they are keeping an eye on them and hope to attempt to fertilize them this afternoon.

I will get a call tomorrow morning with an update....not feeling so positive at the moment.
  • @lemondrop1976 Sending you positive energy.  I'll hope that things turn out well with the remaining 3 in play.
  • @lemondrop1976 -hoping you get good news!

AFM, I am 2dp5dt and of course cannot help to symptom spot.  The day of transfer and today I have had a headache on and off.  Although, that might be attributed to caffeine withdrawal.  I've been extra tired.  Day of transfer had some pink when I wiped, but I feel like that is too early.  Who knows!!!  I also always test early because I cannot take the "surprise" call either.  I will probably test on the weekend at some point.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Transfer went super smooth. 5BB, my last one. Blood work Friday to check my levels, beta was moved to 5/20. I am super nervous but trying to stay positive 

• @LoveDontCostAThing - I've gleaned the FET can be more controlled.  I would have been Saturday and the dr. talked about Friday as an option but controlled the start date w/ the medication. 

@robyn11wilson glad you are getting bloodwork to be reassured.  My AF was the shortest I've ever had.  Dr said it was the medications which reassured me.
  • @LoveDontCostAThing Thank you! I don't blame you for the early testing, I have tried both waiting and not waiting...either way the rollercoaster ride of the 2ww sucks!

@aconklin214 Good looking blast, best of luck! Take it easy;)
  • I had my transfer on 5/8, too! I think that makes four of us here? Exciting!

For my 5/8 transfer buddies, how is everyone doing today? I stayed super chill and relaxed all day yesterday and plan on doing the same today. Not on bedrest, per se, but definitely taking the couch potato route.

Sooooo curious what the little embabies are up to in my body. 

Positive Vibes to all of us!  <3
  • Hi ladies....

Just checking in how's everyone doing that had there transfer? I know we have about 4 of us that have had our transfers. I had my transfer on 5/8, it went well. I was so nervous because I had to have a full bladder and the transfer was running late. I had to go to the bathroom right after the transfer. My doctor said don't worry the embryo won't fall but I was still concerned. 

Ronda  
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    lemondrop1976 in my case 2 ERs, 39 eggs total retrieved, 1 unaffected 5AA embryo transferred 5/8. Remember it only takes one.

You are all in my thoughts today as I am 2dp5dt. Feeling blessed my beta is scheduled for Friday 5/17.

Many Blessings to all
    Me and DH 44
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
  • @rondah28 I had mine on 5/8, too :)

I drank so much water that I actually had to pee half of it out beforehand because they said it was too much, haha! 

I’ve been feeling some twinges and pinches since the transfer but not sure if it’s my wishful thinking imagination or if there is some action happening! Anyone else? 
  • @rondah28- don't worry you can't pee out the embryo...it's snuggled way in there.  I've thought the same thing too lol.  I peed about 10 minutes after transfer.  

I am 4dp5dt, and I want to test! ahhh maybe this weekend.  I have felt twinges here and there.  I've been super tired, headaches, and today felt light headed.  I am a teacher and was packing in my classroom.  I felt pretty light headed that I had to stop and sit down.  I am hoping these are good signs!  Although, that progesterone is tricky and gives symptoms too.  However, I was on the progesterone for five days prior to transfer without symptoms.

Anyone testing early, and if so, how early? 
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!