October 2019 Moms
Options

The Baby Names Thread

Re: The Baby Names Thread

• Options
    @jhokaj524 my little bro is an Arthur. His middle name starts with J so when he was little, he was AJ. Now he just goes by Arthur. Only DS calls him AJ still (Uncle AJ) because Uncle Arthur sounds old and he's only 30 🤣.
  • Options
    @jhokaj524 I know two little boys named Arthur. They both go by the full name and are never, ever called Art. I think it’s an adorable choice for a kid and transitions well to being an adult. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @junebabyh I've always loved the name Archie and the name Harrison! I could personally never use Harrison because I knew a kid pretty well growing up with that name - good, smart kid - and I just wouldn't want the constant reminder of him. I love the name Archie because I was crazy about the comics when I was younger and read as many as I could get my hands on. Great choices!
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @galentine I agree with you on the whole name thing, 100%. That being said, I would call an Archibald Archie. Or Baldy, just to be silly. 😂
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @galentine I totally agree. There should be a "proper" full name. I'd vote for Archer over Archibald. But I think Archie is an adorable nn. I love the meaning behind Harrison without directly being named after his dad.
  • Options
    Ah in my culture it's typical to have nicknames as names so I didn't even think twice about "Archie", haha.

You don't know how many Dannys and Juniors I knew growing up.
  • Options
    I love that they went with Archie. I had a feeling they wouldn’t go with a traditionally Royal first name but I was surprised he only had one middle name and it took me a minute to get the meaning of Harrison 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I.. don’t like it 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it’s not my kid, so TETO. It really bugs me they did Archie instead of using it as a nickname, though 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    I.. don’t like it 🤷🏼‍♀️ But it’s not my kid, so TETO. It really bugs me they did Archie instead of using it as a nickname, though 
    I'm with you, it's not my favorite. But that's probably because I grew up with an Archie and he was a real asshole. LOL
  • Options
    I don't personally like Archie, it reminds me of an elderly man from my first job at a nursing home. So that's all I associate it with is the elderly! 😂 That's me however. I have a friend from high school that had twins last year and their names are Hudson and Harrison and they only call them by their whole names, I think they're so cute together!! Harrison is a popular name round here too though. I know several little guys named Harrison!

• Options
    I love Kinsley! I love Ginny for Viginia too but that's cause I know one and her bane is so fitting. She gets called either alot too!

• Options
    What are some nicknames for Sawyer? It's currently my top choice, but one of DH's hangups is no good nicknames.... 
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 I love the NN Ginny!  I’m also a little partial to Emily 😜
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 Anneliese is very pretty and has lots of good nicknames. And June is SUCH a good middle (especially if it's meaningful, but even if it's not). My newest niece's middle is June.
    @stephanie123456 Just met a Ginny at work and she is adorable, cool, smart! Thought of you right away.
  • Options
    jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited May 2019
    @quidditchcapn1120 Love Anneliese! Beautiful choice. 

ETA autocorrect got me
  • Options
    @nnaelilak I love the name Finn! My name and DS’s name both rhyme with it and DH suggested it for #2, but I just couldn’t handle having rhyming sibling names. Somehow a child’s name rhyming with a parent’s name is ok to me because they don’t get used together as often as sibling names do. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    DH likes Jamison. I hate it. He’s super stuck on it. MN will be Jeffrey after my late father. Jamison Jeffrey 👎🏻
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We’re on our 3rd kid. This has been the hardest one to name!! We have a boy and a girl already and number 3 is a girl. My daughter has called her baby “Rose” since she found out we were pregnant even before we knew she was a girl. So we’re incorporating that into her name. I’m not sure I can call her Rose though. My husband really likes Emily Rose and I do too but our best friends daughter is called Emmie and so I can’t call her either of those names. I’ve suggested a few other names to go with Rose but so far he doesn’t like any others. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    DH likes Jamison. I hate it. He’s super stuck on it. MN will be Jeffrey after my late father. Jamison Jeffrey 👎🏻
    I don’t like Jamison, even though it’s a twist on one of my kid’s name. It reminds me too much of the whiskey 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    mrshoch2 said:
    We’re on our 3rd kid. This has been the hardest one to name!! We have a boy and a girl already and number 3 is a girl. My daughter has called her baby “Rose” since she found out we were pregnant even before we knew she was a girl. So we’re incorporating that into her name. I’m not sure I can call her Rose though. My husband really likes Emily Rose and I do too but our best friends daughter is called Emmie and so I can’t call her either of those names. I’ve suggested a few other names to go with Rose but so far he doesn’t like any others. 
    I love both those names!  Just FYI, there is a movie called “The Exorcism of Emily Rose”.  I don’t know if that bothers you or not given that most people will never know someone’s middle name.  

We also have friends with an Emmy, Ella, Bella etc. and so a lot of our loved names/nns were off the table for us.  That makes it so hard!
  • Options
    @mrshoch2
    Rose can go with so many cute names! Can you give us a list of names similar in style to what you like, or siblings names?? I'm having a hard time to cause I suggested Adelaide to SO and he really likes it and now I like Adeline better 😂 
    Emily Rose is cute, what do you think of a first name with the nickname Rose? I have a baby name book from 1983 😂 I posted the "Rose" section in

• Options
    We have a DD, Olivia Susan.  We find out the gender of baby #2 in 1 week. Our last has been narrowed to Isabella Grace, Gabriella Ann, Javier Luis, Diego Luis. My husband is Hispanic, his middle name is Luis. Long family tradition of mine to name the 1st boy with the same middle name as the dad. I feel like once we know the gender we'll have 1 of our final 4 just fall into place. 
  • Options
    @sochoa-2 I really like Diego Luis!!!! And Isabella Grace is my 2 neices middle names put together 😂 it's a really cute name too though😍

• Options
    I am really struggling with a name for my baby girl.  I love the names Sadie, Penelope (“Nellie”), Sienna, and Layla but hubby is not a fan of any of my favorites.  Last name is Gray... any suggestions??  I feel like I’ve considered them all and am waiting for something new to pop out at me that I hadn’t thought of yet! 
  • Options
    @jane101757 Why doesn't your husband like those names? Has he said? And what are some of his suggestions?
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @meagan-t he has a reason for not liking all of them... for example his friend growing up had a dog named Sadie.  He is set on Callie or Avery - which are pretty but I don’t love.

I work at an elementary school as a psychologist so those of you with name association problems might understand why so many names are out for me!!
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I never even thought about that!! Lol I think I’m finally ok with Emily Rose and we’re calling her Rose. After I’ve said it a couple hundred times it doesn’t seem so weird to me. I’ve looked at 100’s of other names and Emily rose just flows with our last name perfectly. 
  • Options
    What are your thoughts on these names?

Nash
    Crosby
    Riggs
    Archer/Archie
    Zeke
    Raph/Raf
  • Options
    My favorite of that list is Zeke!
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    What are your thoughts on these names?

Nash
    Crosby
    Riggs
    Archer/Archie
    Zeke
    Raph/Raf
    All but Nash, Zeke and archer strike me as cutesy nicknames for kids 🤷🏼‍♀️ All the Zekes I know are short for Ezekiel 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~