October 2019 Moms

The Baby Names Thread

nanner26nanner26 member
edited March 2019 in October 2019 Moms
Let’s start talking baby names!

Share names you love, love but can’t use, need advice, etc. 

Re: The Baby Names Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @LMMama Avery is on my favorite girls names list too!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • I think I have a girl name picked out (Ainsley), but I’m going to need some help with boy names. I have 2 boys and neither of them were named until after they were born because DH and I couldn’t agree. I’m a teacher so I think that makes it a little harder. Right now I like Bryce, Grayson and Parker. 
  • Girls I like Bristol, Eliza, and Mila.

Boys are harder because we already have two (Parker and Jack) but I like Logan and Beckham.
  • We are pretty set on our girl short list since we've done this twice before and have two boys. Girl list is: Lucy, Jane and Cara. Of course my #1 is his #3 and vice versa.

Boy names are tough as we've used our top choices already. DH and I solidly do not agree this time. I like Wesley (Wes) and Connor, he likes John and Daniel.

We won't decide until we see Baby though. 
  • @quidditchcapn1120 I love the name Jack! My husband isn’t on board though because he had an uncle (who is deceased) and has a cousin with the name. It stinks because it’s pretty much the only boy name I really like
  • @junebabyh I love the name Jane!  I may end up using it as a middle name.  I also have a Wes, but he is Weston, not Wesley.  I like both of those.
  • @junebabyh I love the name Jane!  I may end up using it as a middle name.  I also have a Wes, but he is Weston, not Wesley.  I like both of those.
    I love Weston! Hadn't considered that. Maybe DH will go for it since he does like Wes, just not Wesley.
  • This has been a list in my phone for a while, I add to it whenever I hear something I like. MH is set on Lily because we both said we liked it forever ago, and though I still do I just can’t picture us with a Lily now! Im obsessed with June, but he doesn’t love it. I like old lady names 😆 we have a son so it will be damn near impossible to agree on a boys name because the only boys name H has ever liked was our sons 🤦🏼‍♀️ He’s barely opinionated about most anything in life but names are impossible! All the middle names are family names. 

• @Schumerator i LOVE Bennett. I wanted it for DS2, but DH wouldn't even entertain it. I am re-adding it to my list now that you've just reminded me about it.  I think I get total naming rights this time. DS1 is a III named after DH and DS2 was definitely a 50/50 agreement. As I see it, #3 is my choice. (kidding, kind of.... maybe 60/40).
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited March 2019
    @junebabyh sounds fair to me ;) I know some people hate names being shortened but I love nick names and thinking of calling a Bennett “Benny” and it goes with our sons name :) definitely throw it back into consideration, you never know if it’s grown on him! I have to let things simmer with MH a lot of the time haha 
  • edited March 2019
    @Schumerator We have the same problem. We LOVED our first son’s name, Leo, and we couldn’t imagine choosing another boy name. Then baby #2 was a boy. :D He’s named Griffin. But naming a third boy would feel impossible!

Meanwhile, we’ve had a girl name chosen since before we got married. Ha!
  • @Schumerator I LOVE Felicity. So feminine and you don’t hear it often. Unless it’s become popular recently that I don’t know about! 
  • Names are so hard. For a boy, I love Samuel or Andrew. My husband has already said no to both 😒 if it’s a girl, we kind of like Emily. 
  • @soon2bljm I 2nd Emily 😉
  • @Schumerator I've got a list on my phone ever since we started TTC DD1.

It seriously took us 3 days after DD1 was born to decide on a name for her (like we had a list of favorites but couldn't commit)

With DD2 we had one favorite that kind of rolled up the field from behind - we'd been dithering about a couple of other names and then this one just came barging through.

For boys we already have a name picked out: Maximillian (obv Max for short)
    I'd like the middle name to be Nicolas because of my brother or Johann because of my dad.

As for girls I our list is kind of sad looking (especially since we already got 2 first and 2 middle names from it)
    Catalina
    Valeria
    Victoria
    Carlotta

I would love Maelys as a middle name, but SO isn't convinced.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• We just got the news about possibility of twins at our 5w5 appt. Still too early for heartbeats but we are considering some twin names... Liam and Lawrence for boys or Liam and Aria for b/g twins. Middle names.. still no idea.
  • @Schumerator, Beckett, Bennett, and Jack are also on my boys name list! Our family already has a Bennett so that one is probably out. I also love your girl names, especially Rowan and Emerson. 
  • @mmt2019 Congratulations!! I love the name Liam, it's on our boy list too.

Right now we really just have two for each sex:

Boy: Liam or Laeth (my husband has his heart set on Laeth, I haven't decided yet if I like it or it's too weird)

Girl: Brielle or Isabella

We downloaded the Baby Name app where you swipe and find matches, so hopefully we'll get a few more for our list!
  • @jenferlee82 What’s the app called? 
    There’s one called “Kinder” 
  • Figuring out a boy name, for us, is hard. With my FB, I instantly knew what I was going to name him. 
    We use the “Kinder” app, but nothing is really 100% with us yet. 
    We have a girl name picked out already (which is just carried over from our first pregnancy). She’ll have my grandmas middle name. 
    The gender is also going to be a surprise to me this time. My SO will know, but he’s promised not to say a word to me or any other family member. He’ll say their name once he/she is born.  
    This one is just called BabyName. You can invite your partner and it tracks the ones you swipe left (don't like) and right (like) on then sends you the matches. It's like Tinder for baby  names.  :D
  • Girl- Beatrice ( I love It and my husband wouldn’t use It for our first girl!)
    Boy- Weston is what we THINK would fit!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For a girl, Harper Bird or Birdie Opal, although my husband and his family prefer Harper Rowe 

For a boy, my husband brought up Baird and I loved it, but he's since decided he doesn't like it 🤦🏼‍♀️ lol The middle name will almost certainly be Rowe. 

My grandmother's name was Birdie and her mom's name was Opal, and her and my grandfather's last name was Rowe. It's really important to me to have a piece of them in this baby's name 💚 DS's middle name is Eugene after DH's grandfather. 
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited March 2019
    I know I said it before, but H is noooot budging on the name Lily for a girl 🤦🏼‍♀️ I texted him today that Brooklyn is coming back around to me, and I know he loves that one too, and he said “sure, but I’m still going with Lily”. He is the most laid back person on earth but when it comes to names idk if he will budge 😂 I figure I’ve got another 8 months give or take til we find out... I might give up at 7.5 months though before I say F it fine. If it is a girl anyways. How’s everybody else coming along on this debate ? 
  • Our front runners are Elizabeth for a girl and Ethan for a boy. But we won’t seriously start debating until we know the sex. That way we don’t have to argue over names that are irrelevant anyway 🙂
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2019
    Girl - Virginia (my great-grandmothers name) with NN Ginny; another possible name (for me at least, DH isn't a huge fan) is Kelsey

Boy - absolutely no clue

I would like a Gaelic/Irish name if it was a boy to go along with DS' name but all the ones I like are too popular (i.e. Liam, Aiden, Logan).

ETA clarification 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @schumerator, I have to say Lily is such a beautiful classic name if YH just isn't going to budge. Last time around we had a unisex name that we decided on before we knew baby's sex, which we went with. But the middle name that my SO decided he liked most has grown on me since, which is Sadie. Once I told my mom, she revealed that apparently that was her great grandmother's name as well, so it just may be a go this time around if we have a girl.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @stephanie123456, the nickname Ginny is adorable. I love it so much!
  • @stephanie123456 Ginny is absolutely adorable! I grew up with a Virginia who went by the full name. She was awesome--cool, nice, popular, sporty and I have always loved the name b/c of her. (Though my name is kind of old fashioned, too, and I tend to like timeless/classic names). But LOVE it.

• @greenbean-2 I think that’s part of my struggle with us being team green this time around, I’ve thought about waiting to see them and deciding based on that, but I don’t trust us to make that decision after sleep deprived labor 😂 

@cooaladolly  definitely! I don’t hate it at all. I just feel like I loved it years ago and now I can’t picture it? I certainly wouldn’t be devastated to have a Lily :) Sadie is adorable! 

@stephanie123456 so one of my close friends named her son Kian, and it’s very low in popularity but not super out there! Here’s the meaning, not sure if that would fit your family or not but thought I’d throw it out there :) 

• @Schumerator I actually don't mind that name. I also like Declan and Keiran (or maybe Kiernan). DH shot down Kellan.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @Schumerator Kian was my favorite boy name for years before we got pregnant! We ended up going with Ronan 💚
  • Just wanted to tell everyone who’s having trouble finding a common ground with the name with SO. There’s an app called BabyName and it works like Tinder swipe left/right at suggestions but you connect with your SO and if you get a match it adds it to you’re list.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I know I said it before, but H is noooot budging on the name Lily for a girl 🤦🏼‍♀️ I texted him today that Brooklyn is coming back around to me, and I know he loves that one too, and he said “sure, but I’m still going with Lily”. He is the most laid back person on earth but when it comes to names idk if he will budge 😂 I figure I’ve got another 8 months give or take til we find out... I might give up at 7.5 months though before I say F it fine. If it is a girl anyways. How’s everybody else coming along on this debate ? 
    My husband won't budge on naming ours after his mom if it's a girl... I got him to agree to switching her first and middle name so it woybe middle fist and I like her middle name better, (Alice) but I'm still not thrilled about being limited. He's pretty stuck on it though... I know how you feel.
  • We’ve been set on a boy name for years - Gavin Andrew. For a girl, it’ll be either Sadie Jayne or Sidney Jayne. We’re leaning more toward Sadie, though.