October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/20

• Options
    @meagan-t happy happy birthday!! ice cream cake sounds wonderful, and so glad your FIL is beginning treatment. My uncle just went through prostate cancer, but it was caught early and we're all hoping he's done with it for good.

Just an update on me, if you were following last week. We received an abnormal high result on the maternal serum AFP test for neural tube defects. Luckily my MFM had a cancellation so we were able to get the ultrasound done already instead of tomorrow. The ultrasound looks normal. However I was also asked to repeat the bloodwork and my bloodwork came back even worse/ higher the second time around. The doctors say it's the ultrasound that matters so we are trying to put this behind us for now, but having two abnormal test results still makes me uneasy... what are the chances of two false positives? Unexplained high AFP is associated with placenta issues like IUGR and preeclampsia down the line so I will continue to be monitored, but I was already high risk so that was happening regardless. Trying to take a deep breath and relax. It's been a scary few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meagan-t Happy Birthday!!! I hope that you have a great bday and that FIL’s treatment goes well. ❤️
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    @meagan-t Happy Birthday! Lot of luck to you FIL, I hope all goes well.

@obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry this has to be very frustrating. I will keep you in my prayers I hope everything goes smoothly for you
  • Options
    @meagan-t Happy Birthday!  That ice cream cake sounds delicious!! 

@obsessedwithoranges I wish I had insight for you that would help ease your fears.  Keeping you in my thoughts.   
  • Options
    @meagan-t happy birthday! Good luck to your FIL as well

@obsessedwithoranges sorry that it wasn't all great news but the ultrasound is very important so I hope you find some comfort in that.
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @obsessedwithoranges I’m glad they’re monitoring! Yes, the ultrasound will say whether or not NT defects are there. The bloodwork you had works by monitoring levels and comparing to “normal” levels, so yes, double false positives can happen.

is your placenta anterior or posterior? That’s going to make a major difference in when feeling is felt and how much. 

I had first kicks around 16-17w with all, getting more consistent once 18/20w, but all mine were/are posterior placentas. I also have just very active babies to begin with
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I felt a few flutters around 17 weeks with my son, but didn't know what they were for another couple of weeks. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, and I can feel a little movement now, but only because I know what to look for. Even still, it's faint and not consistent at all.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @meagan-t Happy Birthday!!

@obsessedwithoranges I’ll be praying everything is a fluke and the U/S is the true look. That said if you do end up with an IUGR issue you can talk to me. We dealt with it with DS and they are already concerned about it with this one. So if you do end up there know you’re not alone. My BMB with DS was the only thing that got me through it that time. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges glad to hear your ultrasound came back normal! Hopefully that gives some comfort and reassurance despite the blood work.  I didn’t feel my first until closer to 20 weeks. 

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I'm sure it's normal not to feel movement yet. I started feeling inconsistent movement at 17 weeks despite an anterior placenta, but according to my doctor that's likely because my placenta lies low (plus I just think this baby loves to punch and kick)
  • Options
    @meagan-t - happiest of birthdays!

@obsessedwithoranges - anyone would have the same uneasy feelings! However, it's good news on the u/s so I would take that and run with it 😊

I'm a ftm and I felt the baby move right at 17 wks for the first time. Last night (17w3d) after eating some Mickey D's 🙈 I felt the baby move. My husband said, "I want to feel!" So I replied that he would probably not be able to feel anything for a couple of weeks, but I placed his hand low on my belly anyway & applied a little pressure. The baby must've felt the walls caving in bc we both felt the baby move! I for sure ugly cried I was so excited! 

Movement is def sporadic at this point. Usually only if I'm laying down and feeling for it. Plus it probably helps that I have a small frame - 5'1" & maybe 110 at this point. 

I've felt a little jealous of everyone knowing the sex of their baby already & we will have to wait until june 7th, but last night certainly made up for it! 
  • Options
    cheznetcheznet member
    I feel y'all on the not wanting to work. As a teacher, I get this way every year (and so do the kids!!!) But this year especially. Unlike @steminist I still have FOUR weeks including this one. (plus a few days of post-kids days. Boooooooo.) I'm quitting my job here, so that is also making my motivation nil. Waaahhhh.
  • Options
    Not having control over your own emotions is the worst. I was having a good day then one thing threw me for a loop and now I’m pissed off at everything and everyone. And I can’t think of anything that would make me feel better. I was going to go for a walk but got hit with some nausea so now I literally just want to lay in bed and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day. Hormones suck. 
  • Options
    @meagan-t happy birthday!!!
    @obsessedwithoranges everyone is different too so asking for movement from others may may make you even more uneasy. ☹️ I have you in my thoughts for your tests and ultrasounds and agree with everyone else. Your Dr has you in good hands I hope! Such a scary feeling 😔
    @melanier26 I feel you on the feelings. My boss made me cry at work on mother's day Sunday. I NEVER even get angry enough to cry and she did it. It doesn't help that my rage/anger skyrockets while preggo so therefore it made it 100000% worse. Even my coworkers cowo like we've never seen you explode. 

Today's been a good day except I'm always so sorry on Monday after the work weekend 😭 my hips felt like someone was full force sitting on them all night. Even a pillow in between my legs doesn't help now! But I got to see my best friend since 8th grade today(she moved out of state after high school and is back visiting), we went to get food and hang out, her son and my daughter are 4 days apart and such a big difference in them!! My baby is sooooo little 😂 

• Options
    @meagan-t Happy birthday! Hope all goes well for your FIL
  • Options
    @meagan-t, happy happy birthday!!! Sre you doing anything special to celebrate?

@obsessedwithoranges, I'm so sorry for the two scary readings. Hopefully you'll be able to get some peace of mind with extra monitoring ❤
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I am a FTM too and felt for sure movement for the first time at 19 weeks.  I’m 20w 5d now and feel little bits daily.  It’s coming and it’s amazing!!!  
  • Options
    cheznetcheznet member
    I just want to make sure everyone has seen this. I just pulled a tag off my shirt because it was bugging the sh*t out of me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93aA6rAlUAo
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges it wasn’t until 22-24 weeks that I felt any movement consistently with my first. Before that I was never sure if I was even feeling movement.

• Options
    Not sure if this is more of a confession or a random but today I convinced my kids to watch Octonauts on the couch instead of skipping nap time completely so that I could take a nap. It was so nice that I got a 30-50minute snooze in. I was hoping my exhaustion would subside by now but it’s just getting worse. 
  • Options
    nnaelilaknnaelilak member
    edited May 2019
    @meagan-t happy happy birthday!!!

@obsessedwithoranges I'm so glad the ultrasound showed nothing and will keep you in my thoughts that the blood tests were just false positives 💚 I didn't feel movement with my first until a day before 20 weeks!! Definitely not abnormal to not be feeling them yet!

• Options
    @meagan-t happy birthday!!

@obsessedwithoranges I am a FTM and 20 weeks and still haven’t felt any moment... not even a flutter!  My OB said it’s still normal (but I worry too.  I am higher risk for IUGR because of a single artery umbilical cord).  I remember that my doc asked if I wanted that blood test done.  She said that it gives info about potential neural tube defects but that the anatomy scan will confirm it and is more accurate.  I asked her - if I’m already getting the anatomy scan why would I have a blood test done that is less accurate?  Then she said there really is no reason.  I personally think it’s because I’m 35 and insurance will cover it.  I am sorry you’ve had some uncertain news, and I hope it’s comforting to know that I was told the Ultrasound always trumps that test.   

• Options
    @meagan-t Happy birthday! Ice cream cake sounds amazing right now!! 

@obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry for the stressful results. It's frustrating that if the ultrasound is what ultimately matters that they still even run these tests. Hoping that the levels are truly nothing to be concerned about.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    Also @galentine that sounds like such an amazing day! What a lot of emotions packed in!
    And @cheznet that is sooo my kid right now that I just shared that video to my SO's Facebook wall. What is it with toddlers not wanting to get dressed?! That double leg action makes me laugh as hard as it annoys me. You get one leg in and think, ah success! Only to have them yank it back out as the second leg goes in. Some mornings are a full ten minutes getting him changed.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga