October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/20

• Options
    SIL and her family of 4 are coming today and staying for the long weekend. There will be 7 of us in our not very big house. Send vibes for patience. I’ll either be scarce this weekend or on here all the time. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SIL and her family of 4 are coming today and staying for the long weekend. There will be 7 of us in our not very big house. Send vibes for patience. I’ll either be scarce this weekend or on here all the time. :)
    Will the weather cooperate? Can you send them out for lots of excursions?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have had maternity photos booked for a while (early September, around 33 weeks).  My photographer also tentatively booked a newborn session for us given my MFMs induction date for me.  She said October gets really busy with people wanting photos for their Christmas cards and she was already starting to book up in April when I scheduled!
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe I hope so! We came up with so many ideas of fun things to do and even rented a van to take us all in the same car, and then SIL said she doesn’t want to do anything on the first day (meaning first full day, tomorrow) and later said something like “we probably won’t be doing much.”  DD won’t tolerate just being at home for 4 days so we’ll be going out with or without SIL’s family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe Ugh, that’s so frustrating! Sorry about that. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @emily1052 definitely keep checking back, things go in and out of stock on that site with the snap of a finger. I had a number of things picked out from there for DS and gave up when it was inconsistent 😂
    @grapeskittles4lyfe yeah forget that. That's how my great grandfather is. Every couple years he changes his will up(big farmer, so lots to spread and the farm, but we're sure that's going to 2 cousins of my dad's) and when he does, he used to call my dad to be reminded how to spell our names(we do have odd names) and now he'll call me. I always know what he's up to lol cause there's no random visits or calls, we have to do that. I still go to see him but a lot of my family (dad, grandma, aunt and cousins) avoid him cause of how he is.

• Options
    @jenferlee82
    That is a difficult decision 😔 have you talked to your SO yet? Maybe a second voice chiming in would help out? That is a big leap it sounds like!!

• Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    @jenferlee82 Well...congratulations I mean that sounds amazing. Though I would feel the same way you do right now. I hope your boss gave you some time to think as this is a huge decision, especially given you have a baby on the way. I would maybe write down all of your concerns and go over some of them with your boss, maybe they can be accommodating with timelines/assistance
  • Options
    @andromedacorrine2 I have, I called him right after I got off the phone with my CEO. He is really great and will support whatever decision I make. We definitely have a lot to discuss though, so I'm not planning to provide an answer until next week at the earliest! That way we have plenty of time to weigh the pros and cons before making a call. 
  • Options
    @Cass005 Thank you! It is an amazing opportunity, just not the best timing. I'll definitely be writing a list of concerns - luckily he told me to take as long as I need to respond so I can approach it very thoughtfully.
  • Options
    @jenferlee82, congrats on the amazing offer! I totally understand your waffling, it's a very hard choice with a baby on the way. Best of luck with your decision. 
  • Options
    @galentine @greenbean-2 Thanks, ladies! Great advice from your mentor, GB2. I really have no idea which way I'm going to go with this one, but I'll let you all know what I decide. I appreciate the support so much!
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on the offer!  I agree with the other ladies that just getting the offer is an accomplishment on its own.  I’m sure you’ll make the best decision for you and your family 😊
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 well I'm glad he's there to support you!! It is a great opportunity I'm sure. Hopefully you can find a balance or figure a way to make what you want work great 😊 congrats again!!

• Options
    @jenferlee82 Congrats!! That’s awesome and a big decision to make. I had a hard time figuring out what I thought my capacity would be when I went back to work the first time. After I went back, I found that I became a master of logistics, efficiency, and direct, clear communication. I didn’t have time to waste on what wasn’t important anymore! I saw my career take off after my first baby and it hasn’t slowed down since - and now baby 3 is on the way.

If you haven’t read Essentialism, I recommend it (or audiobook - I preferred it that way!). It pretty much sums up what I consider to be the key to having a successful, fulfilling career AND being present in your home life. 

Remind me - how much time do you get off for maternity leave?
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @jenferlee82 Congrats on the offer!!! Take your time weighing your choice and what is best for you and your family. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @jenferlee82 Congrats!! That’s awesome and a big decision to make. I had a hard time figuring out what I thought my capacity would be when I went back to work the first time. After I went back, I found that I became a master of logistics, efficiency, and direct, clear communication. I didn’t have time to waste on what wasn’t important anymore! I saw my career take off after my first baby and it hasn’t slowed down since - and now baby 3 is on the way.

If you haven’t read Essentialism, I recommend it (or audiobook - I preferred it that way!). It pretty much sums up what I consider to be the key to having a successful, fulfilling career AND being present in your home life. 

I haven't read that book - I will definitely check it out! Love to hear that you hit your stride after your first, too. It's honestly a huge concern of mine because up until now it's been all about the career and I'm afraid I might lose my edge a bit when I return.

I'm still negotiating my leave package, but it will be 3-4 months. I don't think I could bring myself to stay away more than four, honestly.
  • Options

I haven't read that book - I will definitely check it out! Love to hear that you hit your stride after your first, too. It's honestly a huge concern of mine because up until now it's been all about the career and I'm afraid I might lose my edge a bit when I return.

I'm still negotiating my leave package, but it will be 3-4 months. I don't think I could bring myself to stay away more than four, honestly.
    Unsolicited advice - take as long as you can! It will all be there when you get back. I’m fortunate to get 6 months and was so grateful to have some semblance of a normalcy established by the time I went back. I won’t sugar coat it - it’s really freaking hard when you go back, a total conflict of competing priorities. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need!
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @jenferlee82 Congratulations on the opportunity! You’ve already received a lot of great advice. I’d also add that since they offered it to you, they obviously want you and this may give you some leverage if you want to negotiate some terms for better work-life flexibility. You may be surprised what they are willing to go for!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristatorres/this-photo-showing-how-big-a-womans-cervix-dilates-during

This is not a graphic picture, as in you don’t see body parts. I thought it was cool to see what a woman’s body does in birth.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristatorres/this-photo-showing-how-big-a-womans-cervix-dilates-during

This is not a graphic picture, as in you don’t see body parts. I thought it was cool to see what a woman’s body does in birth.
    Holy s#*+
  • Options
    emily1052 said:

Holy s#*+
    My exact reaction.

• Options

I've seen this before, but still...

DD 10/2019
  • Options
    It's hard to tell by looks, but I think my bump popped today/overnight! 17w4d
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Spoiler alert- the shoulders are wider than the head 🙈🙈
    Yassssss😔 the shoulders 😂

Both my active labor points were after pitocin was administered and I'm just hoping this one decides to just come on its own!!! 

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:
    Spoiler alert- the shoulders are wider than the head 🙈🙈
    Yassssss😔 the shoulders 😂

Both my active labor points were after pitocin was administered and I'm just hoping this one decides to just come on its own!!! 
    I’ll say it again. I’ll take pitocin contractions over regular contractions and back labor any day..

My epidural with DS2 didn’t have time to take effect when he was ready, so I felt everything when I pushed. Such a waste of good drugs, too 😪

BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    My BFFs epi only worked on half her body. She felt everything on the left. She was miserable.

I've heard back labor is pure hell and hope to never have that experience.

It's also really fun when your big headed baby gets stuck on your pelvic bone. Because he's facing 4/5 and not 6 and you push for 3 hours before the realize this 😰
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @prpl11butterfly 😳😳 I have a friend who pushed for 3, breaked,
    and then another 3 before ending up with a c section. Baby was stuck on her pelvic bone and ended up breaking it 😬😬
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    This one parent keeps emailing me about her son's missing assignment from JANUARY. He claims he turned it into a sub. I have no proof either way, but the deadline for missing work from January was way back in March. I'm not going to change it now. If it was marked in error, he should have taken care of it months ago, not in the last week or so of school when he suddenly realized that he only had an 89 in my class.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @melanier26, sending you lots of good vibes. ❤
  • Options
    @melanier26 Also sending good vibes your way, that you'll get a good report to put your mind at ease!