July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 5/13

13»

Re: Randoms Week of 5/13

• Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 totally hear you on the anxiety around the appointments. When trying to get this under control to stress less this time around, my therapist helped me see that I see the appointments as my “exam” of how well I did that month (eating healthy, working out etc) so the part where they weigh me and do my BP triggers various other stressful feelings. This doesn’t help me control it ;) but it does help me come to terms with it!

I highly recommend buying your own at home monitor (not sure if it can be covered by insurance where you are - even better!). It hasn’t helped reduce the anxiety at appointments BUT it has helped me know on some level that everything is OK. 

With DD at one’s point they had a midwife come to my house to take my BP to see if it would reduce the anxiety and it didn’t help at all, it was high, she sent me to L&D, told me to call my husband, said it was definitely pre-E but it would be fine since I was 38 weeks...went to L&D where BP was normal and they sent us home and I went to almost 42 but every single day from 38-42 weeks I spent in fear of developing pre-e and missing it....want to avoid that so badly this time...
  • Options
    You can also hit up the machines in grocery stores/pharmacies! I usually sit there for about 5 minutes doing some deep breathing and then check it. I’ve taken a list of readings with me to my appt to show them that I’ve been running ‘normal’ most days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 My OB made it sound super urgent that I get the 24hr test done ASAP... not very encouraging.... I’m hoping that the mini-test was just really diluted and they couldn’t get an accurate read. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 oh how stressful!! I hope everything turns out ok with your 24 hour test. Keep us posted! 
  • Options
    It hit me this weekend, that while unlikely, baby could be here in as soon as 4 weeks!! So today, I finally cleaned out the closet in the nursery, and painted the dresser we will be using in there. Made a list of a few things we still need for her, and hopefully will have the nursery done in a week or two. She will be in our room in the beginning, but it’ll be nice to have that done
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 I know that feeling!! I have a scheduled c section on June 24 but I'm having twins so they say I'm likely to not make it to that point (38 weeks) typically twins are born at 36 weeks and my twins are 4 and 5 lb already so that's a whole lotta baby in there. Im getting excited but anxious because of all the last minute prep! 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited May 2019
    I had a bit of a preterm labor scare a few days ago. Contractions weren't super painful or regular but definitely more intense and uncomfortable than my normal BH and none of my tricks to get them stop were working. After about 2hrs I told my H to give me just a few more minutes and then we were going to load the boys up and go to the hospital. Thankfully they stopped.

It definitely got our butts in gear this weekend. I got all our baby clothes down, washed, sorted, and put away. Finished the quilt. Did a good bit of work on our guestroom/nursery and even started packing my hospital bag (just put a few random things that aren't being used right now in it). 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    DH officially got me sick just in time for vacation. Did okay the first two days but then the second night it hit like a freight train and I spent all of yesterday in my hotel room barely moving. Good news for him is I didn't even feel well enough to go to Tiffany ;).

Now in the airport lounge waiting for the first of my two flights, and on top of flying/being pregnant and sick, basically expecting to get stuck in my layover city tonight, since home is in the middle of this: https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/pwo.html...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker