July 2019 Moms

Randoms Week of 5/13

I didn't see one started yet so here we go!

Re: Randoms Week of 5/13

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    Has anyone done belly mapping yet? Or have a really good idea of positioning based on how things are feeling?

At our 20wk US baby was vertex and OB was positive it still was head down at my 28wk appt just by feeling around. But at my latest apt (30wk) he was less sure. He said if baby is still head down, it's sitting really high bc the heart beat was up higher. I wanted to take the time to focus and map out where things are. Last thing I need is another breech. Hubs says I'm so small baby has no way to flip so it's probably still head down. But after a CS with my 2nd due to breech, I'm high stress.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ended up in L&D in the middle of the night for some really strong and consistent BH about 10 mins apart for 2 hours. Ran tests for preterm labor and everything came back normal, although after cervix check they said I’m 1cm dilated. Was given IV fluids and then sent home to rest. I’m exhausted from the lack of sleep and stress 😖

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• cindlercindler member
    @Cbeanz I have no clue what mapping is, but baby has always been transverse at my appointments (ultrasound and prenatal appts).  I consistently feel movement on both sides of my stomach and not top and bottom.  I have an appointment Wednesday where I'm going to ask what to do about that.
  • cindlercindler member
    For those of you with hard surfaces in a bedroom: do you have an area rug that goes totally under the bed?  Do you have smaller rugs around the side?  We're getting hard surface in our bedroom for the first time ever and I want a rug.  Because we have a waterbed, once it's set the bed is immovable.  Therefore, I need to get a rug before we set the bed up again.  I have no idea whether to do one gigantic area rug that is mostly under the bed, or do little rugs around the sides.  Thoughts?
  • @cindler We had a gigantic rug.  Now we have nothing, because I moved the rug downstairs and have yet to find something I like.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @mamahmh2 sorry to hear that! Were the contractions painful at all? Were they concerned that you're already 1cm or is that within normal range? I know sometimes STM+ dilate earlier but it seems extra early to me.
  • @Cbeanz during the peak of 2 hours they were intense and woke me up... like I couldn’t resist the urge to run and pee every 10 minutes when they’d come on. They also didn’t subside with movement/water. By the time I made it in, they had calmed down a lot. About every 20 minutes and less intense.
    Didn’t seem super concerned about the dilation considering I’m a STM and have had a D&C in the past... but I agree it seems early for that.

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Anyone else having a super Monday-y Monday? Sounds like the answer is yes, but thought I’d ask. Mine hasn’t been anything serious, just a bunch of little stuff, but it literally started when I woke up this morning and is just piling up...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Glucose test and massage cancelled. Got rear-ended right next to my OBGYN office, bumper is wrecked and I hurt the fuck all over. DH on his way to take me in to hospital for observation, but baby's heartbeat is strong and they did my other vitals.
  • @foodislove OH no! Keep us updated, i'm glad you are going in for observation.  What a horrible start to the day. Especially when you had to go in for that extra test.  So frustrating.  
  • Oh no @foodislove I hope everything is ok!!! How awful!! I hope you saved your cupcake too lol. Keep us posted!
    @mamahmh2 I'm so sorry!! I'm glad everything checked out ok. I almost went in for the same thing last week one night but they finally went away. It's so hard to rest and take it easy when you have other littles to chase around. Hang in there!

• @cindler I think a huge rug would look better and stay put better, but smaller rugs would probably be cheaper.
     @foodislove I hope everything is okay. I’d be a mess!
     @ccmama3 love that you remembered the cupcake 🤣
    @cbeanz i just had an ultrasound that confirmed head down. I was thinking head down based on where I’ve been feeling kicks and hiccups.
    @mamahmh2 glad it’s not preterm labor!
  • hakelehakele member
    @cindler, because of the "permanence" issue with the huge one and the water bed, I'd select runners, in your scenario. We are going to do a big rug under our bed, but I can have my bed off the rails and move the bed within 5 minutes. I would just be concerned with committing to it. Also, be sure the flooring you have selected is rated for the weight of the water bed! That is heavy! (Funny story... when I was little, my dad was a waterbed salesman, so that is what we all had in our house growing up!) 

@cbeanz I'm concerned that mine might be transverse, but I'm just not sure. The majority of movement that I feel is down really low and can be on either side. I'm planning to ask at my OB appt next week. 
  • I only feel movement on my right and left sides also. Mostly my right unless he's really active, and hiccups are always on the left. I do have an anterior placenta, so I've always just felt movements on the sides with all 3 pregnancies.  I used to feel this one on the bladder, but not lately.  I'm not too concerned because I still have 8+ weeks left. He can change positions!! 
  • At my 28 week ultrasound, she was head down and sort of wrapped around the right side. I don’t think she’s moved from that position. Her butt is constantly pressed into my right side and the left side of my belly rarely feels firm. I have a final growth scan scheduled for 36 weeks, so we shall see if she’s still that way
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    Where are folks feeling hiccups?  Bc I feel them through my whole body - my butt up to my ribs, front of my stomach to my back. They're really not isolated.

All the kicks I feel are on my left side, from my hip up to my ribs. No clue what's going on in there.

I want to get an elective US but don't really want to drop $99 on it.
  • Oh man @foodislove, I'm so glad you and baby are okay! What a day today must have been. But on to the important question: how was the cupcake?

@mamahmh2, I'm glad things are good with you too, and I hope you were able to catch up on some rest today! It's almost like baby could sense the Mother's Day fun she was missing and decided to try to get in on it.

• hakelehakele member
    @foodislove glad everything is good after your accident. Still sucky to deal with it. Rest and take care of yourself! And tell hubby that we all said he has to take care of you! 
  • @Cbeanz I mainly feel hiccups in the center of my stomach and lower. 

Will your OB do a quick ultrasound to double check for you? I would imagine they would want to verify baby’s position before you go into labor, especially if they’re unsure about it
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @nolemomma14 He probably will. I start getting weekly BPPs at 36 weeks since I'm AMA but I'd like to know before then and have time for yoga/chiropractic.
  • @Cbeanz I’m feeling them around my belly button and a bit lower. I’m fairly sure LO is still semi transverse but on an angle with head bottom left and feet upper right. My gynecologist has a peak every appointment so I’ll confirm this morning if I’m right and ask her what she recommends to get him to move into the right position (also hoping for a VBAC so very important!!)
  • key33key33 member
    edited May 2019
    @cindler - We have a smaller bedroom so we have runners in ours. With kids and dogs they are easier to clean and move when needed.

@mamahmh2 - Glad everything is ok.

@foodislove - I hope you enjoyed that cupcake!

@Cbeanz - Hiccups I've been feeling just below my belly button.
  • @cindler it's been 6 years and I still can't decide on what to put down.

@nolemomma14 puffin is in the same position and he's constantly pushing his butt out.

@foodislove so glad everything is okay! Rest up!
  • @Cbeanz I have never felt hiccups in any of my three pregnancies lol but this one I'm feeling "kicks" (some are obviously punches lol) both low and high. I had an ultrasound today and baby is definitely head down so fingers crossed yours is too!
  • @cbeanz I never felt hiccups with my first. I’ve felt them a couple times this time. They’ve been down low.
  • I go for nonstress tests every Tuesday and Friday in labor and delivery. My blood pressure is always on the lower side but today it was 95/53. I understand it's different during pregnancy but that seems so low. The nurse told me not to worry but I can't help it!
    ***tw***
    I will have a second c section this go around and last time (my first one) my blood pressure dropped and I actually started to have my hearing fade away. I started screaming I cant hear I can't hear and they put some stuff in my iv and all was good but the thought of that happening again terrifies me. 
  • @foodislove so scary!! I’m so sorry that happened, but glad everything is okay! FWIW, I was rear ended at 34 weeks pregnant with DD, ended up in the hospital for monitoring since BP was 170/110.... I ended up having DD 3 weeks later. I hope your LO cooks a lot longer! 
  • @cb123391 - 90s/50s is my norm, but sometimes providers are surprised when they take it. After my second c-section, a nurse came in for vitals and my bottom number was in the 40s. I don’t remember how many times she came back in quick successsion, because I think she thought I was fading away. 

The hearing thing is crazy! I’m glad they got you straightened out quickly. 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @cb123391 when I'm pregnant my BP is in the 90/50 range too. With increased blood volume, blood vessels dilate and BP can decrease temporarily. Not pregnant I run more around 120/80.
  • @pizzaplz @key33 thank you both ♥️

As far hiccups, I’m feeling them in the middle around my belly button as well. 
    I’m looking forward to having this lil girl drop already, she’s so high up I can’t breath or bend easily at all.

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Just watched an ECV.... for turning breech babies. If your baby is breech, don’t watch it. I literally wanted to cry watching it. All that for the possibility of them flipping right on over. It seriously looks so painful and I’m really hoping this baby flips before I go into labor. 
  • I think it's kind of a big worry especially for FTMs that baby is in the right position, but honestly babe can shift as late as when you go into labor. If baby isn't in the right place when you're ready to give birth they can do things to move the baby--it's not just an automatic c-section. 
    @mamahmh2 I'm glad they subsided! And I was at 1cm for probably almost 10 weeks with DS and still had to be induced at 41+2, so I hope that's the same for you... except the induction  :s Hated that so much I'm praying I don't have to go through that again!!
    @foodislove Very happy you're ok! And baby too  ;)  Did you mention what kind of cupcake and I missed that??? Lol
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• @bartonolivia my last pregnancy baby flipped around 34 weeks (not sure how far you are) and a good friend of mine didn't have hers flip until 36! So you have time! Fingers crossed!!!
  • @mamahmh2 Hope baby keeps cooking!

@bartonolivia I had an ECV with M if you have any questions. Yes, it did hurt, and the success rate is about 50%, but mine was successful and I still think it was worth it despite ultimately needing a c-sec due to him getting the cord wrapped around his neck. But I had support of my doula and DH and my OBGYN/nurse team was so awesome coaching me through and encouraging me. 

Thanks all again! I did have to go to work briefly this morning but rested the remainder of the day. My BP and our heartrates were fine at the hospital, and DH is babying me hardcore. <3 Just hurt and needing to get a new prescription for physical therapy so they can look at my back as well.