September 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Me too @dinosaur & @duewithpu2! I need tacos at least once a week. Sometimes I end up eating straight up taco meat and cheese from a bowl... no shame
  • @cammie0526 No one would ever shame you for that!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cammie0526 I totally agree with @dinosaur! I mean, that’s protein and dairy, both of which are great for you 😜
  • I like the way you guys think!
  • I am addicted to the Magnum Double Raspberry bars. They are so good and baby girl kicks like crazy after so I feel like I kinda have to keep eating them 🤷🏻‍♀️
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I cannot get enough nuts.  Just plain roasted peanuts, mixed nuts, whatever you got.  Not so much with nut butters, I can take them or leave them, but actual crunchy nuts, bring them on!  Also obsessed with dried apricots (but those were already a fav of mine even before pregnancy :-) )
  • I was trying so hard to be good today so I brought a salad with chicken and some fruit for lunch. I was still feeling ravenous after so I went upstairs to our little company store and bought a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips and a Complete Cookie. Now I feel satisfied and full...I think. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom salt and vinegar are my favorite!  
  • Ughhhh.... so far this morning, I've had 6 prunes, 2 cups of coffee, and 2 cups of water.  So uncomfortable and miserable.
    And this morning, my boss brought me a cheese bagel and CC from Panera and it smells so good and I know if I eat it, it will just clog me up further and then I'll be full of both poop and regret.
  • @RedBreast35 ugh the temptation! Their Asiago bagels are so good! 
  • @redbreast35 What kind of CC is on it?!?!?!? I LOVE the Asiago cheese bagels with the sun dried tomato cc. Mmmm. I haven’t had one of those in years.
  • @lillywonderland, sadly, just plain.  I bet the sundried tomato would be ah-mazing though....
  • I want potato-everything! Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, company potatoes, potatoes au gratin, potato chips, potatoes with Minnesota’s amazing “top the tater” onion and chive sour cream dip 🥰
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    Yum. Now I need a bagel! 
  • @sunshine2417 at least it’s a vegetable!! 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @sunshine2417 Is top the tater a Minnesotan thing???! I thought everyone had this lol. It's so addicting! We bought some last weekend for our camping trip. It's gone. And I'm with you on the potato thing. I love me some potatoes right now!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 Yup! I’ve never seen it outside of Minnesota, and I checked the container this morning and it says it’s made in Saint Paul! It may extend to Wisconsin and Illinois and such too, but I haven’t personally seen it beyond here! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited May 2019
    @ljmoon6 This Texan has no idea what that is... Is that where you guy put tater tots on top of all of your casseroles? 
  • @LJMoon6 @sunshine2417 after Googling, it looks similar to our French Onion dip?
  • @nomangos23 I thought it was a tater tot casserole type thing too! 
  • My coworker friends and I decided to make french dip sandwiches for lunch. I am in charge of the beef, so there’s a crock pot of beef cooking in my cubical. Talk about torture!! Lunch time can’t come soon enough 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @nomangos23 Bahahaha!!! Tater tots! No, it has nothing to do with tater tots (and we say "hot dish" not "casserole" around here lol). It's just a sour cream flavored dip for your chips (chive and onion flavored, i guess similar to french onion dip). But it's soooooo good! And very very addicting! I had no idea this was a local thing! 
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @duewithpu2 that sounds like me today, too (minus fabulous french dips)! I'm definitely 'already ate almost everything I brought for the entire day and it's only 10am' weeks pregnant. Hummus and pretzels, gone. String cheese, gone. Apple, gone. Yogurt, gone. Cheez its, gone. Lunch time, are you here yet?? 
  • @kiddiesandkitties same! My breakfast was gone in 5 mins and I thought I could last without my hummus and pretzels today. What a mistake!
  • @LJMoon6 What the...? And “hot dish”?? Dang man, it’s like a whole different world over there!! FTR we eat guacamole like it’s going out of style here. I feel like no one does chip dips like that out here. It’s all salsa and guacamole!! I’m also assuming that @nomangos23 is a salsa/guacamole fiend also.
  • @lillywonderland Yep, we're all salsa, guac and don't forget QUESO down here in the hot tundra 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @lillywonderland Oh we also have salsa and guac here too. But those are with tortilla chips. Top the tater is eaten with Lays Ruffles original (or an off brand of something similar). I don't think I've ever seen it eaten with any other type of chip. Very important! And how have you never hear of hot dish!? lol. Any show/movie that makes fun of minnesota is pretty accurate lol.
    If you want to watch a great music video some guy made about minnesota, I think it's the best one I've ever seen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31bBU4EL44
    *TW* TTC history

• @nomangos23 Mmmmm, queso!  CO recently got Chuy's and we order take out probably too often.  Soooo goooood.
  • Welp, I was content this morning because I finally ate that asagio bagel and cream cheese my boss brought me yesterday, but now there is a gaping chips/dip/tortilla chip/salsa/guac- shaped hole in my stomach  :/
  • Hot Dish?! 'Hot dish' applies to any... well... HOT dish.  A la 'entree'.  Casserole is a specific thing!  Pile of food inside a casserole dish. Do they mean because the dish is hot when it comes out of the oven?  

@LJMoon6 Agreed - french onion dip is definitely exclusive to Ruffles or other Ruffle-type-chip.  Salsa/guac goes on tortilla chips. 

Mmmmm.... queso.... 
  • @mamaber2204 Oh YUM now I need to get myself over to Chuy's. The one near me is far enough to be annoying to get to, but close enough that my pregnant self doesn't care. I love whatever that sauce is that's like salsa verde and sour cream had a love child.

• mamaber2204mamaber2204 member
    edited May 2019
    @cammie0526 Um yes!  We call it spicy ranch in my house and it is SO good!  Now I know what my cheat meal is going to be this weekend!
  • I had leftover turkey chili all packed and ready to take to work, but it's sitting in my fridge at home because I'm a moron. No idea what I'm going to eat for lunch now! :angry:
  • My department is going to lunch at Tap & Burger to support a Project Angel Heart fundraiser.  I'm excited about eating a burger and fries, but am really hoping that the heartburn that's plagued me the last two days will decide to take the day off!  
  • nomangos23nomangos23 member
    edited May 2019
    Guys, tell me if I'm crazy but is food (in general) more delicious during pregnancy? Or it it because I'm famished all the time? Either way, I'll take it! My eyes literally rolled to the back of my head while eating a bowl of cookies-n-cream ice cream last night lol 
  • @nomangos23 not crazy! I was close to 30 weeks with DS at thanksgiving and real stuffing is one of my all time favs but I only ever have it on thanksgiving. I’m not kidding when I say I cried tears of joy eating it. I felt a deep like actual love for food at that time hahaha
  • Update:  I got a salad to be healthier and not get heartburn and it was GROSS.  My colleague got the same one and also couldn't eat hers, so it's not just pregnancy taste buds.  So now I'm starving.  Grrr.  I'm probably going to have to buy another lunch.  Gaaaahhh.  
  • @kiddiesandkitties “hot dish” is a synonym of casserole here, but it’s ONLY called hot dish, not casserole... and it does NOT encompass every hot kitchen receptacle taken out of the oven. It’s just like an “empty the fridge/freezer”/everything but the kitchen sink and throw in any kind of cheese, fat, or gravy you can find to it. TaterTot Hot Dish is a fine-dining cuisine up here!!! I’m new to MN in the last year, so I’m still learning all of the complexities and intricacies! I do looooove guac! Minnesotans seem to love dips in general, from my observations! 

@nomangos23 cookies and cream ice cream/milkshakes are the pinnacle of food-epic-amazingness while pregnant! If anyone has a Cook Out, Chik Fil A, or any Rhode Islanders who can get a cookies and cream Awful Awful at Newport Creamery—you will fall into orgasmic bliss having one of them during pregnancy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker