September 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Warning:  If you're hungry (or pregnant and therefore always on the verge of hunger) don't check out this page.  I'm salivating.  https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/easter/
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to Noodles and Co and opted for the small Pad Thai thanks to the freaking calorie count.  The small was not big enough.  Now I'm still hungry AND I've already eaten 700 calories this meal.  Dang it, dang it, dang it.  
  • @mamaber2204 stupid, stupid calorie counts!!!  
  • We planned veggie stromboli for tonight, but this baby decided it needs meat, so we also made a Big Mac stromboli. I don’t know if that’s genius or if I’ve reached a new low. 
  • @cammie0526 imma vote genius on that one!
  • @mamaber2204 my thoughts on those “suggestions”: 

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Last night I was so hungry after dinner so I ate a bowl of Cheerios with milk. Not too bad if I do say so myself! DH helped himself to a couple spoonfuls also. It looks like I’m trying to get him to gain some weight also!! 😋
  • @lillywonderland I did that for a solid week a couple of weeks ago!  Such a good nighttime snack!  And, if you use almond milk, it's also a great heartburn fighter!  
  • @lillywonderland eats Cheerios when she's pregnant. Redbreast35 eats kettle cooked potato chips dipped in bleu cheese salad dressing...
    Anyone want to place bets on whose doctor will need to warn them about unhealthy weight gain in the second tri?
  • @RedBreast35 Hahahahahahaha!  But let's be real, that sounds amazing.
  • I've still not gained any weight (I'd gained 10 lbs by this point last time!) and my OB keeps telling me to eat, so.... haha

Right now, this tuna sandwich from Firehouse and Mt. Olive bread and butter pickles are literally giving me life. SO GOOD.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I ate an entire - yes entire - jar of pickles two nights ago.  It was one of those with garlic, carrots and bell peppers also pickled and included.  I don't go for those add-ins, but DS ate all of those with his dinner last night.  Mama & DS:  1; Pickle Jar:  0.  H was just shaking his head.
  • @RedBreast35 I'm gonna need to try that combo now. 

@mamaber2204 I've been that way with green olives! So salty, so delicious. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @mamaber2204 Maybe this should be my next FFFC, but I could polish off a whole jar of dill pickles even before I was pregnant. Welcome to the dark, salty, delicious side!
  • @RedBreast35 You had me until bleu cheese. GROSS!! 😉

@zuuls_mom Just when I was thinking we could be friends...you come in with your olive love. 

@mamaber2204 Did you have any ice cream also?!?!?

• @lillywonderland Ha, no ice cream.  I'm not that far gone (yet).  Regarding @zuuls_mom and her olives....Olive theory!!!  

• @mamaber2204 ...but didn’t Marshall end up loving olives?!?!?!?
  • @lillywonderland Ha, I had forgotten that!  Maybe you, too, will end up loving olives!
  • @lillywonderland aw come on! I'm still pretty cool! 

@mamaber2204 I love you for making a HIMYM reference! And it's actually hilarious because H does NOT like green olives (he doesn't mind black though). *Incoming mushy comment* when we first started dating, he found out I love green olives and I found out he loves banana runts. I HATE banana runts. To prove our love to each other, he ate a green olive and I ate a banana runt and then started saying "I green olive love you" and "I banana runt love you". hahaha
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom OMG that's the cutest and corniest thing ever!  I love it!  Also, regarding HIMYM, I still haven't stopped saying "Boom, lawyered" because it's just too good.  
  • @mamaber2204 I totally don't blame you! It's kinda perfect. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I made chocolate covered strawberries for dinner tonight.... that's healthy, right? It's kinda like... fruit and dairy? Like I had a yogurt parfait with chocolate nibs on top? No? Okay well don't ruin my damn parade....
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The King’s Hawaiian Luau Chicken sandwich at Arby’s is one of the best things I’ve ever let enter my body. I already want another one. Soooo delicious.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom My mind is entirely too dirty to read your last message without snickering. 
  • @mamaber2204 I definitely snickered while typing it out. I felt like simply saying I ate it did not suffice 😂
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @themadcamel I am so jealous! I love Thanksgiving food, especially stuffing! It seems like my family always does a ham for Easter. I'm thinking we should do like your family and turn it into a Thanksgiving meal.

AFM, yesterday I went to Culver's twice! Once for lunch bc I love their spicy chicken sandwich. Well when I was ordering they asked me if I was interested in a raspberry cheesecake shake. Um yea. I thought about it all day until DH and I went back that night to get shakes. 
  • @themadcamel UGH you’re so lucky. Thanksgiving stuffing is one of my favorites!! 
  • My neighbor smoked a ham and a lamb for Easter and invited me over. I think I ate my weight, so good!
  • I need to check myself before I wreck myself. I’ve been eating allll the bad foods since Easter. Today I had chocolate for breakfast and nachos for lunch
  • I just left McDonalds ordering food for my 6YO birthday party on Saturday.  Why yes, this pregnant lady did order 200 nuggets, 15 hamburgers, 35 cheeseburgers, and 50 large fries.  Pregnant win.
  • I was good today and brought a decently healthy lunch (Amy's Organic Broccoli Cheddar Bowl) which I buy frequently and love. It was horrible though! There was barely any cheese sauce and it was all grainy and weird. I couldn't eat it. Soooo I went to Smashburger instead. So happy right now haha.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I'm so excited, I finally got to go back to a Trader Joe's for the first time in forever and I grabbed a container of the garlic dip. Soooooo good. Already told DH I'm not sharing. 
  • My milk cravings have started. MH pointed out that I drank half a gallon in two days. Whatev. Milk is so good. 
    Also having a Culver’s problem. Went two times last week. Once this week. My wallet and waistline are not happy. 
  • I started pretty much following the hobbit meal schedule when I had morning sickness, and would get approximately the usual amount of food down by the end of the day, but being sick has gone away and I'm still eating like this. I gotta cut it out!
  • I can't stop eating tacos. I'm not even talking about the good stuff. I'm talking about the Old El Paso hard shell box stuff.

@ternsetc I'm also a Hobbit right now.
  • @dinosaur I’ve been all about Mexican this pregnancy too!