November 2019 Moms

The Baby Names Thread

Wondering who has started thinking about baby names yet! Post your questions/ideas here!

Re: The Baby Names Thread

• Phoebe Joy for a girl
    Asher (no middle name yet - any suggestions?) for a boy
  • KurtniKurtni member
    edited April 2019
    We both like Lucy for a girl. Still debating on using just Lucy or Lucy as a nickname for Lucille/Lucinda. 

Boy names I don’t have a single idea on! 

@Rawa1416 my nephew’s name is Ashton James and I think James works nicely with Asher too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we're leaning toward Hannah Marie for a girl.

No clue for a boy, middle name will likely be Robert. Our current son is Shayne, open to suggestions 
  • We just talked names the other night.

For a girl, we love Zara (zar-rah). Possibly Jane as a middle name as a nod to my grandmother.

For a boy, Ronan seems to be a front runner for now but I'm not completely sold on it.

Our son has a Z name, I'm not sure how I feel about a girl Z name as well. I never really wanted my kids names to all start with the same letter, but I absolutely love Zara so well see!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I absolutely love the name Jane @gumby22c. I like Lucy as well @Kurtni!

My girls names are Claire, Jane, and Molly, but MH will only consider Molly. He hates Claire and Jane. Now that we know the baby is a girl he has sort of expressed potential interest in naming her after his mother, who passed away about 20 years ago. Her name was Sally. I don't love that name but I also don't dislike it either, and I think that if he really comes to a place where he says he wants to name her for his mother I think I would probably let that happen. 

I really have a tough time with middle names and don't like them. I'd go without one but MH is not into that.

If we were having another boy my choices would probably be between Aiden or Liam.
  • @Kurtni I love James as a middle name so much so that I already have an Ezra James lol
  • I love Henry for a boy but DH shot that down and won't even discuss it as a possibility. It makes me sad because it is one of my favorites. 
  • I love Henry for a boy but DH shot that down and won't even discuss it as a possibility. It makes me sad because it is one of my favorites. 
    I have a Henry! Literally the only name MH and I agreed on last time, haha.
  • @creamcheeseplease I love Molly and Sally

Ive always loves the name Madeline (pronounced line not Lynn) because I read those books all the time when younger but we have a really long last name and I feel bad giving my kid an obnoxiously long name. My husband and his siblings have 4-5 letter first names. Have also always liked Alexis and Chloe. But then I overthink those too and am like is Alexis too close to amazons Alexa? And is Chloe now going to be more common because of Khloe Kardashian even if it’s different spelling. For boys I’ve got nothing lol 
  • Rawa1416Rawa1416 member
    edited April 2019
    @emeraldcity1214 yes! I am totally all about the meanings! I love the name Asher and especially because it means "happy". Happy baby? Yes please. I also really like Shiloh for a girl because it means tranquil but DH is not a fan :'(
  • @emeraldcity1214 I love the name Henry! My nephew is named Henry. It's a great name. I find it fascinating how strong of opinions my hubs has to certain names, too. It's like dude, why??

I had been calling my bump baby Elijah and now that's his name :) My hubs is coming around to it, but there's no changing my mind at this point. Sorry not sorry! 

• My husband and I have such a hard time agreeing on names. We didn't fully decide on our daughter's middle name until she was born.

If it's a boy, I think we're going with Colton Parker. Parker is a must, because DH was raised by his great-grandparents, and great-grandpa was named Parker. We've known we were going to use that name for a son before we even got married. However, the name is so popular now that I convinced him we should use it as a middle name instead.

For a girl, he keeps shooting my favorites down. So I'm bringing up some red herring names that I'm not too attached to first. Maybe I can wear him down. Haha! The name I really like is Stella Claire.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AshCHB I like the name Stella. So pretty! 
  • @gumby22c my son is a Ronan, great choice 😉.  The Irish story behind it is cute, I forget where I found it, but I thought it was adorable 3 years ago when we picked it.  One of our girl names is Jane too!

@mvc003 my best friend’s brother is an Elijah, they call him Eli and I love it!  

I love names that aren’t commonly made into nicknames.  So far for boys we have Callum, Calvin or James (husband’s and FIL’s middle name).  For girls we have Jane, Kay (after my nana), Cady, or James (love this for a girl name, not sure my husbands opinion on it yet!).  
  • I think we've (I've) decided on Owen Charles for a boy. I like Callie Anne for a girl but DH isn't sure. Other names I have on the list for a girl are Abigail and Lilly. 
    Our daughter's name is Chloe Elizabeth. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So it will be Henry for a boy. The. middle names will be Wilson or Webb we can’t decide. For a girl Hannah Grace.
  • @emeraldcity1214 I love Henry, too. My husband isn’t as adamantly against it as yours, but it’s definitely not on his short list by a long shot. I find boy names to be very challenging!
  • I really like Olivia but I think it's too common now. Boy names are hard!
  • We've had our boy name picked out since before we knew DD was a girl:  Benjamin Daniel. 

We've been stumped for a while now for a girls name. We loved DD's name (Madeline) and were having a hard time coming up with another one that we loved as much. Then this weekend, we saw Endgame and now love the name Morgan.  So right now, the front runner for a girl name is Morgan Julia.  Julia was my grandmother's middle name.  
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • We are having a little girl and our top names are: Oakley, Margot, Lola and Olive. Her middle name will be Kate 💕 I don’t think we will know until we see her little face though?!!
  • We haven’t started talking about names per se, but hopefully we have an easier time with this one than we did with our daughter. It took us filing out the birth certificate forms to finally agree on her name (Eleanor Jane- Eleanor after my grandma and Jane after MIL). 

My husband really liked Evelyn at that time after his favorite great aunt, so that may be a front runner for a girl, otherwise our big names were Jack and Henry (both family names as well). Time will tell!
  • We are having a little girl and our top names are: Oakley, Margot, Lola and Olive. Her middle name will be Kate 💕 I don’t think we will know until we see her little face though?!!
    I LOVE Margot. It’s on my short list for sure :)
  • We’re going with an E name. For a boy our front runner is Eli. For a girl it’s probably Ellie, however we’re feeling like Ellie is more of a nickname so we aren’t 100% yet. Im feeling certain I’m having a boy, so I haven’t spent too much time mulling over a girl name. 
  • We already have an Eliza and a Liam. I am hoping we have another girl because I would love to name her Josie. I’m still considering if we should name her Josette and call her Josie or just name her Josie. I want to use my mom’s middle name for a girl as well- Josie Faith

I’m completely at a loss if it turns out we’re having a boy as I haven’t been too successful finding a name I like yet.
  • DH informed me he likes the name Micheal for a boy. 😑  I don't like names that can be easily shortened for a nickname so this is a big no for me. His family is notorious for making nicknames for names that have no nicknames and I have to make a big deal about the fact we didn't name our child that and they won't be called that. So Mike isn't a fight I'm willing to take on. 
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    If we have a boy, it will be Ambrose Orion. If it's a girl the first name will be Dahlia (dollie after my grandma), not sure on a middle name for a girl yet. Our two older boys are Leoric Fritz, and Demitri Behrends. I'd like a Greek/mythological middle name for a girl, any suggestions? 
  • @ChelK3 My youngest's middle name is Dahlia. I think it's so beautiful! 
  • smithnwbsmithnwb member
    edited May 2019
    amanda8kens said:

We are having a little girl and our top names are: Oakley, Margot, Lola and Olive. Her middle name will be Kate 💕 I don’t think we will know until we see her little face though?!!
    Our top name for a girl was Oakley or Oaklyn! BUT ... we're having a boy and we can not find ANY boy names that we are in love with! Boy names are so hard! And it doesnt help we already have twin boys and one of our angel babies is a boy too so we basically used up all our boy names already LOL

My husband's grandfather passed away a few years ago and his name was Denver so I really want to use that as the middle name but we cant think of any first names that we both like.  We do like unique/uncommon names. Any suggestions?
  • @smithnwb my son is Zane. It's not super common, but not so out there that it throws people. Our runner up name was Zion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @smithnwb yes! I think that it is what we will end up naming her! 💞

I like unique names also so for boys we had: Arlo, Sterling, Ellis, Ledger, Beckett, Nixon and Rowan! I really like the name Denver too! I’m sure whatever you name him will be super cute 💙
  • In the October names thread, someone posted about the name Autumn, which I really like but MH was a hard no. I don't really think it goes that well with our last name either. 

A couple other ones I'm considering but haven't brought up with MH are Maura and Hazel.
  • I think we have decided on Ethan Alexander for a boy. Haven't really thought much about girl names since I feel like it's a boy and SO would like one. 
  • cl4157cl4157 member
    @creamcheeseplease another vote for Hazel. What a sweet name. 

Ours is likely to be Mary unless she comes out looking like a not- Mary. You never know! 
  • JBos82JBos82 member
    My two girls are Harper Grace and Norah Quinn. I know I want my baby girl to have the same 2-syllable 1-syllable pattern but I’m at a little bit of a loss. I do like Scarlett, Zoe, and Charlotte, and maybe Mae or Jane for a middle name. Going to have to look at
    my old lists, too!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @amanda8kens our PE teacher just had a baby and they named her Oakley. I’m thinking we may have to wait until we see baby too.  We have a couple boy and girl names we can’t decide on. 
  • @creamcheeseplease we had a sweet dog named Hazel. I think it’s so cute!
  • Older DD is Grace Elizabeth
    Older DS is Owen Vincent
    Younger DD is Sophia Hope

This one will be either Declan Garrett or Ava Claire... we'll know soon after our blood test comes back :)