November 2019 Moms
Options

The Baby Names Thread

Re: The Baby Names Thread

• Options
    I had my boy name all set, but we’re having a girl so now I need a girl name that goes with Ronan.  I’m leaning towards Kay after my nana, but sometimes I find myself second guessing it.  However, my husband loves it, and my nana loved him so I feel like it’s meant to be.  I’m not huge on names that can have nicknames, I’d rather them just be named the nickname.  If we do Kay, we’re thinking middle name Eloise, our last name has two syllables, so Kay definitely needs something a little more elaborate for the middle name.  Any thoughts/suggestions?
  • Options
    @rogro118 I love the name Kay. It's hard for me to say Kay Eloise easily. I always think about when I use my kid's first and second name when I need to get their attention and for them to know I mean business. 😂 I need it to flow easily. 

AFM, I stink at boy names. Nothing sounds good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 the problem I’m having with that is I feel like I’m answering “okay” when I say Kay with any middle name 😂. Eloise is hard to say, but it’s so darn cute.  I had a student with the name a few years ago and she was the sweetest little thing.  
  • Options
    My husband and I both have names 'outside the norm' and so we want to give our baby a unique name. He likes Beatrix for a girl (it's growing on me, but still feels weird to me), I like Astrid. We both like Grover for a boy. Husband can only think if The Office with the name Astrid and keeps calling it Astird 😔
    Middle names are undecided, while I like the idea of using family names, my SIL has used just about every male family member's name (she has 3 boys, each with 2 middle names!). So either Grover Gordon (my dad's name, already one of her son's middle names), or Grover Forrest (I just like it). Beatrix/Astrid Ashley (SIL's name) or Beatrix June (husband likes it). We shall see what the sex is and go from there!

• Options
    @rogro118 What if you switched them? I think it flows nicely that way. Eloise is a beautiful name. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I’m just super indecisive with names 🤦🏼‍♀️  We didn’t have the order of my son’s middle and first name set until he was a few minutes old and still debated after he was born haha.  I’ll have to think about it. My friends who just had a baby said goodnight using their name ideas every night for a week for each name  to decide what sounded right, maybe I’ll do that!  
  • Options
    @rogro118 there is nothing wrong with that. Names are a big deal and you have to get it right! 
  • Options
    @rogro118 we narrowed DS's name down to 2 options, but didnt pick one until the moment he was born and we saw his face. We love the names equally, but when we saw him we immediately knew which one he should have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rae605rae605 member
    @rogro118
    I think Kay Eloise flows nicely myself:) I think a three syllable name that ends in "a" sounds good! Some other ideas: Kay Emilia, Kay Elena, Kay Liana, Kay Cecilia. Kay Elizabeth is also cute! Names are tough.
  • Options
    @rae605 thank you, I love those!  The “a” ending does sound nice, I agree!  Three of those are out of the running due to past students I’ve had 🙃. Teaching in the past makes name selection that much harder!
  • Options
    rae605rae605 member
    @rogro118 I feel you on the naming kids as a teacher! It's not easy!!
  • Options
    @rogro118

I think we live parallel lives.  I'm the one who is considering Ronan as our top boys name.  My husband's grandmother's name is Kay as well!  

Because I feel like we might have the same brain, I feel like I should give you Emery as a suggestion for a girl.  We have Emery Addison. :)
  • Options
    Amyjay23 so is your husband’s name Jay too?!  Mine is and I see it’s in your username, that’d be too weird/funny!  I love the name Emery, but it’s too close to our last name unfortunately.  I’ve always loved Addison too, so classy!
  • Options
    We finally read through a million different lists now that we know we’re on team blue. We’re still deciding between our top 3 which are Mason, Wyatt, and Ethan.
  • Options
    Right now we are liking Noah and Isaiah. @kopp5988 his name would be Mason if we didn't have a nephew with that name!
  • Options
    @dani_0921 Mason is probably our number one right now but slightly worried about it’s popularity. Husband and I both have super common names and not that we want to go way out there with a name but would like it to be a little more unique than our names. Noah and Isaiah are super cute!
  • Options
    I keep coming back to Lucas but I already have a Logan and I'm worried they are too similar. I hate deciding on boy names. They are so hard. 
  • Options
    rae605rae605 member
    @emeraldcity1214 I don' think Lucas is too similar to Logan! I like the name Lucas:) I had a sweet little Lucas in my class this year!
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I agree I think Lucas is adorable and not really similar to Logan except for both starting with an L
  • Options
    Ok, y'all are making me feel better about it. I love the meaning of the name which is why I haven't been able to pull myself away from it. We have focused on the meaning of all our kid's names except for Logan. DH refused to look any further once I mentioned that name because Logan is Wolverine's name. So of course, my little 3 yo is a little wolverine, tearing the house apart with his ferocious personality. I need this little boy to not be like that. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I love Lucas! I agree it is not that similar to Logan. 

No progress here on the name front for us.. MH is really stuck on Riley, but I don't like it. He has started occasionally calling her Riley or Riles and it really gets to me (which, I am sure, is why he does it). So I think our top 3 are Molly, Maeve, or Bridget. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I also don't think Lucas and Logan are too similar. My brother is a Lucas, so I'm partial to it anyways!
  • Options
    @kopp5988 Love what you've narrowed names down to! Ethan was actually my first choice for DS but he ended up getting my husband's first choice, Blake. Both are really solid 😍

@emeraldcity1214 Lucas is definitely not too similar for Logan at all it's a great name

@creamcheeseplease I am a sucker for Bridget but all your girl names are so sweet.

AFM, I feel like I can't even think about names until we have confirmation of who baby is at AS. It was so hard to pick boy names! Girl names, I have a few (Paisley, Sloane, Quinn 🙄 although my mom ran that in the ground for me, but maybe for a middle as it's a family name) Can't wait to get down to business and really not be afraid to get attached to a name. 😊😊
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease I love molly and I knee someone who named their little girl Maeve years ago. It's a beautiful name.

• Options
    @creamcheeseplease If this baby was a girl, her name would have been Riley Rose.  
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 My kids went to daycare with brothers named Lucas and Logan.  They were sweet boys.
  • Options
    We are having a little girl! And we have decided to name her Rylee.... and either Alexandra or Alexandria for the middle name! Which do you think sounds better??
  • Options
    Vivienne for our girl
    Need help we cant decide on a boys name. At all whatsoever. 
  • Options
    rae605rae605 member
    @alysonnd1617 I vote Alexandra!
  • Options
    rae605rae605 member
    @allydsal I love Vivienne spelled just like you have. I have it on my middle names list! Boy names are hard! For boys names last pregnancy we had Callum (or just Cal,) Emmett, Silas, and Thomas on our list. 
  • Options
    I’m no help with boy names. I struggle so much with them. 
  • Options
    JBos82JBos82 member
    We have a name for baby girl #3! Emersyn Mae. I’m not entirely sure if I love the spelling, so we’ll have to decide if we want it to be spelled with a y, e, or o, but the tough part is over now. She’ll be Emmy for short. Big sisters are Harper Grace and Norah Quinn.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @JBos82 if I were having another girl Norah would be my front runner. Love that name! Also, I like Emersyn spelled with a y since it is a name that can be used for a girl or boy. It just makes it feel more feminine. 
  • Options
    @alwayseloquent - Thats tough, My argument would say go with your sides "D" but that is mostly because I operate under the assumption that you'll be using your husbands last name.  It is suppose to be a merging of your families not an homage to just one side unless it is agreed you get to pick all the names for the next one ;) 

Otherwise you can do double middle name and use the initials of both.  Or names that start in one and end in the other.  Red, Reed come to mind

We just decided on something similar.  Thomas Eugene after both our grandpa's.  That being said, it was harder for me to get his side in since he didn't care but I knew his mom would care a lot, if we played tribute to one side and not the other.
  • Options
    @Dancer688 that is one of the biggest reasons we don’t name our kids after anyone in the family. Some members get so butthurt about our choice of names and which side it came from. It is so annoying. 
  • Options
    bmmimsbmmims member
    There is an app called "baby Name" that DH talked me into getting. It's essentially the Tindr of baby names lol. You each swipe left or right on names and when you get a match together, it alerts you. It's been helpful to us!
  • Options
    I'm picky with my names, my husband not so much. If I know someone or have a 2nd cousin with the name I don't want to use it.  I like a bit different names but not crazy. My son is Ledger Thomas. And my daughter is Mabry Layne. We would like to use Kailynn or Kaylynn  (spelling is up in the air still) as a middle name. I liked Mercy but my husband does not. Having a hard time finding name!! Help me out with some unique names.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is like this!! Lol  
  • Options
    @tarahjm I’m not much help with unique names. The only ones I can think of are Harley and Carson. I will say I think the spelling of Kaitlynn is very pretty. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214. That is very pretty but trying to keep it as close as we can to our mom's middle names Kay and Lynn. 
  • Options
    @tarahjm my son played soccer with a girl last winter and I think she spelled it Kaylynn. I thought it was pretty!

We like unique names as well. We are naming this little one Zara :)