2nd Trimester

Plus size ladies - when did you start showing ?

I’m a size 16 , and I’m 15 weeks into my first pregnancy and I’m not really showing yet - still wearing same clothes! My boobs however , did get bigger - which I def don’t need lol  

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    I'm a size 8-10, 19 weeks and barely showing. I was wearing my regular jeans up until 1 week ago.
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    Answer ✓
    I was a size 12, did not start showing until almost 27 weeks, then I finally got a baby belly that was noticeable by others.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Answer ✓
    With my first pregnancy I didn't really show until I was 30+ weeks. I'm a size 20/22 normally. I remember being at the grocery store wearing a maternity shirt shortly before giving birth (probably 34 weeks) and someone mentioned they liked my shirt and asked where I got it. I said Old Navy's maternity line. She said "Maternity? Gosh, I didn't realize you were pregnant!"
    I guess people just thought I carried my weight poorly? Who knows. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins now and I barely get any comments even though I feel enormous.

Re: Plus size ladies - when did you start showing ?

• Thank you ! I’m lucky and have had a very easy pregnancy so far so I’ve been nervous , esp with the no showing yet ! 
  • Thank you ! Glad im not alone ! This first time pregnancy stuff is scary ! 
  • I was a size 12 pre-pregnancy and started feeling really boated by week 9 and was out of my normal jeans by week 12. By week 17/18 I was starting to "show" a bit but it wasn't until week 20 when I popped and now, at week 26, it's undeniable. I get a lot, "you're only 26 weeks?!" Whatever, baby is measuring perfectly so IDGAF. 

It all depends how you carry your weight. While I was a size 12 my weight was proportionate and I carried evenly throughout my hips/belly/boobs/back. Now all my weight is in my belly (and my butt) my face, arms and legs are all the same size. 
  • I was a size 16-18 before I got pregnant. Around 18 weeks my pants were getting uncomfortable tight and I busted out of one of my work pants. Around 20 weeks my stomach really pushed out. My husband kept saying he could tell my body was changing. I just feel bloated. I am currently 24 weeks and anyone who knows me can tell I am pregnant, however a stranger would probably just think I have a belly.  

• I carry all my weight in my belly so even though I was a size 9 before if you saw me naked I looked pregnant. I'm at week 19 now. jeans started being uncomfortable from week 5 on (bloated feeling)  So hardley wore them but this is the first week I can't actually button them. The last 2 weeks I've noticed my stretch pants are sometimes uncomfortable.  My belly has a dent where my waist is so even though it sticks out a bit more it's not round so I can't wear any tight shirts. I hope my belly "pops" out soon I'd love to have a round belly. 
  • Pre-pregnancy I was just above 200lbs and am 5'5".

Due to HG, I went down to 168lbs between 5 and 9 weeks. As I gained weight from then on, I showed but not obviously. Now, I'm back up to 196lbs and definitely showing at 16 weeks. This morning I woke up to what I've been told is called "the Pop!"; a.k.a. an overnight bump!