Plus size ladies - when did you start showing ? — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Plus size ladies - when did you start showing ?

I’m a size 16 , and I’m 15 weeks into my first pregnancy and I’m not really showing yet - still wearing same clothes! My boobs however , did get bigger - which I def don’t need lol  

Best Answers

• wearyfuzzballwearyfuzzball member
    500 Comments First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic
    Accepted Answer
    I'm a size 8-10, 19 weeks and barely showing. I was wearing my regular jeans up until 1 week ago.
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    500 Comments 250 Love Its 5 Answers First Anniversary
    Accepted Answer
    I was a size 12, did not start showing until almost 27 weeks, then I finally got a baby belly that was noticeable by others.  
  • Accepted Answer
    With my first pregnancy I didn't really show until I was 30+ weeks. I'm a size 20/22 normally. I remember being at the grocery store wearing a maternity shirt shortly before giving birth (probably 34 weeks) and someone mentioned they liked my shirt and asked where I got it. I said Old Navy's maternity line. She said "Maternity? Gosh, I didn't realize you were pregnant!"
    I guess people just thought I carried my weight poorly? Who knows. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins now and I barely get any comments even though I feel enormous.
    IUI 08/2013 - natural cycle, BFN
    IUI 10/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 11/2013 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 03/2014 - Clomid cycle, BFN
    IUI 05/2014 - Femara + FSH, BFN
    IUI 06/2014 - FSH, BFP! DS born 02/2015

TTC #2
    W IUI 08/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W IUI 10/2017 - Femara, BFN
    W diagnosed as low AMH
    Me: PCOS
    Myo-Inositol, NAC, prenatals
    IUI 03/2018 - Gonal F - BFN

INVOcell IVF September 2018 - BFP!!! EDD June 1st 2019

Answers

• Thank you ! I’m lucky and have had a very easy pregnancy so far so I’ve been nervous , esp with the no showing yet ! 
  • Thank you ! Glad im not alone ! This first time pregnancy stuff is scary ! 
  • I was a size 12 pre-pregnancy and started feeling really boated by week 9 and was out of my normal jeans by week 12. By week 17/18 I was starting to "show" a bit but it wasn't until week 20 when I popped and now, at week 26, it's undeniable. I get a lot, "you're only 26 weeks?!" Whatever, baby is measuring perfectly so IDGAF. 

It all depends how you carry your weight. While I was a size 12 my weight was proportionate and I carried evenly throughout my hips/belly/boobs/back. Now all my weight is in my belly (and my butt) my face, arms and legs are all the same size. 
    kaague0719