September 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• @septoctkids he's 3. We do the same, just around bedtime or when he is sick. I've heard about midway through our milk flavor changes and they sometimes decide to stop on their own then. I'm kind of working up to it to encourage it. He is super attached to me right now.
  • @janat1717 thanks!! I guess the colostrum starts coming in around now and changes the consistency too. Our doctor was saying we could see a change in his poops too because of it lol. We’ll see what happens when the next baby comes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland I had a bowl of Cheerios with almond milk the other night, too! SO GOOD!  It's my new go-to bedtime snack if I'm hungry at night.  

@septoctkids I'm still nursing DS, who is 18 mos old.  I'm not trying to wean him.  I'm just letting him do what he wants on that front.  He nurses first thing in the morning and right before bed.  I do have my first overnight trip at the end of April for work.  It's 4 days, 3 nights.  I plan to pump just in case, but I'm thinking that might be the end of nursing him.
  • FIL made his amazing ribs tonight for dinner. I am so happy!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I can’t get enough of the Extra Toasty Cheezits 🤤 I also have this very specific craving for buffet pasta. Like wedding pasta. I have tried getting pasta off a menu and making it at home to no avail. 
  • Anyone else with cravings that they aren’t logically able to satisfy?!
  • That cracks me up @duewithpu2! I haven't really had any true have-to-have-it cravings so far, but I had to laugh at myself the other day when I told my husband that it had been a rough day at work and I was seriously looking forward to unwinding with a big glass of chocolate milk.
  • Why am I a bottomless pit? I've already eaten a banana nut muffin (homeade so not a huge bakery one), a kashi bar, a string cheese, and a pack of ritz crackers with cream cheese and I am still hungry. I've only been awake for 5 hours. 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @duewithpu2 what do you mean by aren't logically able to satisfy? Like you just want to eat a multitude of things or weird combos, or more extreme like the smell of gasoline, cement, metallic markers, etc.... I know this may sound SUPER odd if it's not what you meant but I've heard of some people having pica during pregnancy or specific deficiencies that can cause super weird cravings. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Constantly want a bean and cheese burrito with sour cream, just like I did last pregnancy. Not digging sweets which is VERY odd for me. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited March 2019
    @nda_roxybabe not craving sweets here either. Last pregnancy was so much fruit!! This time around is things like cheeses and creamy dressing! Oh and sour cream too! 
  • @nda_roxybabe wow that sounds good!  I should not read this thread so close to lunch!  Now I'm starving!
  • I just inhaled a cheeseburger.  I brought my lunch today but the desire was overwhelming.  I've NEVER wanted (needed?!) a specific food that badly.  OMG.  It was crazy.
  • @sunshine2417 Not Pica, but something you really want that you just don’t have access to. Like I really want pasta specifically from a buffet like at a wedding or party, but I don’t have that option right now haha. I’ve tried to just eat pasta from a restaurant and pasta at home, it doesn’t satisfy my craving! I need a big scoop from a catered buffet lol
  • edited March 2019
    @LilyASF42 I wish my evening looked more like your evening. 

Door Dash delivers ice cream. Perhaps I need to test it out. 

(ETA-spelling)
  • Banana splits are my favorite!!!! That looks amazing 
  • @LilyASF42 I’m not normally a banana split kind of person, but I need this in my life!!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom I’m not normally either but my husband mentioned wanting one last week so we got all the stuff and been splitting one every other night. It doesn’t suck!  Lol
  • I've been eating so much carbs still! I dipped Graham crackers in milk last night... So good! I feel like until fresh veggies start coming up around here I'll be in trouble. 
  • I have JUST been diagnosed with diabetes. And not gestational diabetes. Like, real, no more sugar, type two diabetes. 
    I see nutritionist tomorrow and so help me if she says I can control this with diet, I’m gonna snap. 
    I am NOT a person with self control. I really cannot NOT eat cookies if they are in the house. 

So so for the past week, I’ve been taking my blood sugar four times a day and I’m TRYING to eat healthy. I really am trying. 

The only thing i can stomach  in the mornings is toast, and I put PB on to add some protein.  There’s really nothing else I can manage in the morning. 

Luch is is a lot easier because I eat with my nanny kids and they are the healthiest little eaters ever. Meat, fruit, veggies, nuts, and more fruit. 

Dinner is is hit or miss. Sometimes I smell food and think “screw it, I’m not really hungry, am I?”
    trying SO HARD to cut down on sweets and carbs... DS and DH have been very sweet and supportive. 
    Hopefully I can get on meds and eat normally without GUILT.  otherwise I’m gonna starve because there’s no way I can eat cheese WITHOUT crackers! Or steak without potatoes!

dang it. Now I’m hungry again! 
  • My new craving is mandarin oranges & strawberries on a spinach salad or just alone. Haha, I’m thankful my need for carbs has subsided a bit.
    I also made a huge batch of shawarmas last week that I’ve been eating every day since!
  • @moxyligeia oh my, that sounds so difficult! I hope you find delicious alternatives!
  • @sahm89 I've been so into mandarin oranges and clementines for weeks now! Not on salads, just by themselves. I've had to limit myself to two a day because I could seriously eat a whole bag of those Halos. 
  • @moxyligeia Are DH and DS supportive enough not to keep sweets and carbs in the house? I need it away from me too unless I've been good already for a long time. I am not a portion control person. I have to either eat a lot of the good stuff or nothing. 
  • I want a Texas Roadhouse house salad with ranch something fierce. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom Your cravings are so much healthier than mine!!!  Yay for craving a salad!
  • @mamaber2204 I think I only want it for the croutons, cheddar cheese and hard boiled egg doused in ranch. I guess the tomatoes sound good too  :D
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom Ha, fair.  :)  That does sound exceptionally good.  I have leftover lasagna for lunch.  I'm pretty excited about it.  :)
  • @mamaber2204 I have half of a giant leftover burrito that I am super excited to eat, but I think I am going to need to get H on board for Texas Roadhouse for dinner this weekend. Those rolls toooooo! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @sahm89 and @cammie0526 DS has been munching down as many clementines as we agree to give him and then will stand pointing at the bag wanting more, which also means any time I eat one he gets at least half of it.
    A couple weeks ago I made the banana cake that @sunshine2417 recommended way back when, which was great, and this week I made pumpkin bread in a cake tin and have eaten almost the entire thing myself. I've been really enjoying salad still (a contrast to with DS, where I didn't want to look at a vegetable), but only with lots of blue cheese dressing, lol.
  • The struggle is real today. I got a salad from the salad bar for lunch today to feel less guilty about getting Five Guys for dinner. Ate all the stuff I only just like OK first, because obviously best for last. Now I'm too full and I didn't eat all the good stuff yet.  :| 
  • @kiddiesandkitties Dang I hate it when that approach backfires!  That's not a problem I had pre-pregnancy, but I feel you on getting too full midway through the meal now.  I used to eat that way (least fave first) but have recently switched so I eat what I like first and then choke down the vegetables at the end.  
  • @northernlightsmama yes and yes! I'm obsessed with orange juice and pho or ramen. Someone on here said the OJ is because we need more folate. But for real, give me all the asian noodle soups! 
  • @northernlightsmama @kgg2241 oh man, I love me some pho! Maybe I'll try to get some for dinner.
  • @northernlightsmama @kgg2241 @themadcamel OMG I need some pho in my life! It's been months since I have had it. NEEEEEEEED.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Whoppers.  The receptionist filled her bowl with them and now I'm filling my face with them.  Dang it.