Infertility
Options

April 2019 FETs

edited March 2019 in Infertility
Hey everyone! Our second FET (for baby #2) is scheduled for April 5th! Anyone else planning an FET for April?

A couple years ago when I was on here to conceive #1 we found it helpful to create a google spreadsheet to keep track of everyone cycling together so we wouldn't forget when everyone's FETs were. I went ahead and created one for our group.

Feel free to add/update your info: April 2019 FET Spreadsheet

Looking forward to cycling with you ladies! Sticky thoughts to all of us!
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: April 2019 FETs

• Options
    pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    edited March 2019
    Hello All!
    My RE is planning a scan of the uterus for me this cycle/month (March). My belief is the transfer will be next month (April) pending the blessing of a clear scan. 

Thank you for setting this up. BTW how do you create the signature with you history/info?

Me: 42, DH: 41 ~ I am a genetic carrier 
    IVF (Dec 2018) = 0 PGS normal embryos
    IVF (Jan 2019) = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    FET #1 = tentatively planned for April 2019 

Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • Options
    Hello ladies! I am waiting on AF and then I'll get to begin my FET cycle. We only have 2 embryos, so I'm very anxious and nervous about it all. 

@wifeinraleigh28 The spreadsheet is awesome! I will have to add to it once I know my transfer date. 
    @pgdwivf I have my fingers crossed that your scan goes well! (: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 thanks for getting the April FET board started!

I'm on BCP now and have a tentative transfer date of April 4th.  After multiple losses and IVF cycles, we have one tested embryo that we hope gives us the best Christmas present ever.
  • Options
    Welcome ladies! I've added you all to the spreadsheet, and you can feel free to update with your info once you have it!

@pgdwivf FX for clear scans! To create your signature, click the little person icon at the top right of the screen, then click preferences. Then over on the left, click signature settings.

@crookshanks10 Welcome and best of luck for you and your 2 little embabies!

@mackorori You're transferring the day before me! I'm also on BCP currently and I start estradiol on the 13th. I wonder if we have similar protocols. My RE is doing the exact same protocol we did last time.

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 I’ll probably be an April FET! I’m 33 w mild endo and hubby w borderline morphology. Just coming off a January cycle (first IVF and did a fresh transfer that resulted in a miscarriage and d&c). My embryos are untested and it looks like I’m doing a natural cycle transfer after I get a period. Hoping to transfer 2 but my RE has been pretty adamant about transferring only 1.. Wishing luck to everyone. 
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 My current schedule is BCP until the 11th, small doses of Lupron starting tomorrow, and start Estradiol patches on the 16th. In lurking the FET boards everyone seems to have different protocols, I just remember my RE has done this a million times and figure they have the best process for me in place. 

Looking forward to good things for this group.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @somewhereinnyc Welcome! I added you to our spreadsheet. I'm so sorry for your loss :( FX that this one sticks. My RE is always adamant about transferring 1 as well unless you're over 35 and have had multiple failed transfers in the past. How many embryos do you have?

@mackorori Interesting... no lupron for me. I stop BCP on the 12th, and take estradiol pills 3x a day starting the 13th. Then I start PIO injections on the 30th. Last time I did the PIO until I was 10 weeks pregnant. There are so many different protocols it kind of makes my head spin! But the doctors know what they are doing.

• Options
    Hi All! Preparing for FET on April 1st! I had retrieval and fresh transfer in January (1 embryo) that didn’t stick. I have 5 blasts on ice, planning to transfer two of the 4AA’s this time. I’m 35, been diagnosed with slight PCOS from one RE and another said I’m just unexplained. Ended BCP last Sunday, been on Lupron shots for last two weeks. Baseline scan on 3/11. Go back on the lovely PIO on 3/27. AF came last night but just some light spotting. Is that normal even though I’ve been on Lupron for last 10 days? @wifeinraleigh28 thanks for creating spreadsheet!
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 thanks- 5 left.

Yah it seems the new guidelines think my 33.5 year old ovaries are a whole world different from someone else’s 35 year old ovaries 😑

my RE does not consider a miscarriage to be a “failed” transfer because it “implanted”. It *sounds* like I’ll be on this thread but if the results come back euploid from the d&c, I’ll also be doing an RPL panel. Not sure how long that’ll take if I need that. 
  • Options
    @ellis1983 I’ve never done this before, but to your question about the Lupron and AF your protocol sounds similar to mine. I’m supposed to get a light AF about 3 days after stopping BCP and I will have been on Lupron for seven days at that point. I would think they tell you what to expect on that, so if it’s not in the schedule you could always call to double check.
  • Options
    aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited March 2019
    Hi everyone, 
    I am scheduled for a FET on April 11th. I'm coming off a failed FET in February which was my one and only perfect blast (5AA). I have one left which we will be transferring (6BB). 31, DH 32. All the issues lie with me. **TW** we have had 4 losses, one in 2008, one at 22 weeks due to Trisomy 18 in 2017, twins in 2018 and a blighted ovum in 2018, after a round of clomid. After the twins, we started seeing a RE.  I have Endo, MTHFR, and an immunological response that causes my body to attack the embryo as well as low progesterone during pregnancy. This next protocol will be intense as my RE is suppressing my immune system. I'll be on Estrogen patches and pills, progesterone suppositories and PIO, dexamethasone, medrol, lovenox injections and an intralipid infusion 7 days prior to transfer. This is my last attempt and I am praying for a healthy, sticky blast. None of my blasts were PGS tested due to the high cost. I am very lucky as my insurance pays for 80% of infertility treatments but denied PGS testing because my husband and I are not genetic carriers for anything and our karotoype is normal. 

My last BCP is the 16th and baseline on the 20th. FX April is our month ladies ♡
  • Options
    @ellis1983 Welcome! I added you to our spreadsheet :) Looks like you'll be our first April FET! Woohoo! My baseline u/s is also on 3/11. I think any kind of spotting is normal throughout this process. At least that's what my itinerary sheet from my RE says. But it couldn't hurt to email your clinic or ask on Monday at your baseline!

@aconklin214 I added you to our spreadsheet as well! Praying for you. I'm so sorry for your previous losses. It sounds like this new protocol could do the trick though. Modern medicine really blows my mind. I hope this is your month!!!

Is anyone else doing a protocol with estradiol pills? I stop BCP on the 12th and start estradiol 3x/day on the 13th. Then on the 30th I start PIO. Doesn't seem like this is a common protocol!

• Options
    ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
    edited March 2019
    Hiii ladies :) Wanted to jump in...I'll be doing an egg retrieval the end of this month (possibly the 1st or 2nd of April) and then will be transferring mid/end of April (fingers crossed we get lots of embies). We will be doing a FET as my new RE likes the body to recover after retrieval, and after much consideration I think we're going to do PGS testing this time around. They won't be putting me on BCP for this so I'll be able to jump right in to the FET when I get my period about a week or so after retrieval. 

**TW we did our first round of IVF this time last year, first fresh transfer with two embryos was a CP, second FET with one embryo was a BFN, third FET with two embryos was another CP. We only had the five. New RE this time around, new regimen (heavy immune protocol), so I'm praying this will be it for us. I'm 31 and DH is 33. DH has no issues, and they haven't found anything on me except slight endo during a lap back in October which was removed. So we're in the dreaded "completely unexplained" category. Looking forward to going through this with you guys and hoping April is all our month! <3 

@wifeinraleigh28 all my previous FETs (and this one coming up) include Estradiol! 

@aconklin214 we are on similar protocols...I'm sorry for your losses, crossing everything that this will be it for you. 

• Options
    aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for the welcome ladies. I received a revised protocol today and my dates have been moved up 😁. My last BCP is the 14th, baseline is now the 18th with 2 BL/US on the 26th and the 4th with the transfer on either the 9th or 10th. All depends on my lining. 

@wifeinraleigh28 my last protocol was Estradoil, aka Estrace pills 2mg 3x a day, vaginally plus estrace patches. I didn't start PIO until 5 days before the transfer as well as Endometrin suppositories. I'm on the same protocol this time with a few additions. 
  • Options
    @ellmarie17 Welcome and FX for some healthy embabies this time around! I'm sorry for your previous losses.

@aconklin214 Yes I'm doing Estradiol 2mg 3x/day but in pill form. I wonder what the difference is... but I guess I won't complain! Anyway, it's always nice to have dates moved up. This is already such a long and drawn out process that tests our patience like no other!

• Options
    @ellmarie17 also sorry for your previous losses but I believe April will be different for all of us. I am also in unexplained category, ugh, just want answers! 

@aconklin214 welcome! Glad your dates have been moved up! Every single day in this process feels like a month! 

@wifeinraleigh28 I think we are on a similar protocol. I start the Estrace tablets on March 11 (baseline day), and gradually keep increasing dosage until I get to 3 a day. PIO around 5 days before transfer. When I called my RE about getting my period (3 days after stopping BCP) they said it’s what they wanted and said I’m on pace for baseline on Monday. I guess I wasn’t quite with it when they told me I would get my period (I was coming off of negative fresh transfer news). But I’m happy all is on track. April 1st can’t come soon enough! 
  • Options
    Well, this afternoon I came down with my 2nd migraine in less than 48 hours. I can't imagine what could be causing this other than maybe the birth control I'm on? But I've been taking it since Feb 16th so it's kinda weird that I'd just now start getting migraines. I don't get migraines very often. Maybe once a year if that. So 2 in 48 hours is throwing me for a loop. Anyone else experience something like that? I don't think I had this issue when I did my first FET in 2016.

I do have my baseline ultrasound in the morning so I'll ask my doc about it. But this sucks!

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 I hope you're feeling better today! 
  • Options
    Anyone start taking estradiol yet? Today is day 2 for me (I'm taking the pills 3x/day) and I'm feeling pretty tired. I forgot about that part, but now I'm remembering this stuff made me feel exhausted during my last FET cycle too! Coffee is my definitely friend today.

• Options
    pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    edited March 2019
    wifeinraleigh28 I have estradiol as part of my protocol but my RE has not told me to start them yet. I am on BCP until March 30th. Sorry I would not be of more help. I wonder if my FET will be in April?

Baby dust to ALL!
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • Options
    mackororimackorori member
    edited March 2019
    @wifeinraleigh28 I’m doing an estradiol patch, but I start Saturday. I was actually going to ask if anyone taking Lupron was feeling fatigued. I started a week ago and have been exhausted. But I was taking Lupron and BCP, now with Lupron only the past couple of days I haven’t felt as tired. Will see how these patches go. These hormones mess with you...
  • Options
    Just wondering- what protocols are you ladies on for your FET? I met with my RE this week and it looks like the only medication I will be taking is progesterone suppositories starting on the day of transfer. I guess this is a natural FET (?) She said she does natural cycle FETs for ladies who ovulate on their own and have no lining issues. 

I am transferring 2 blastocysts (not recommended but okayed) on this FET. I insisted and she just looked at me and said “you’re definitely having twins.” No complaints if that were to actually happen.. I am still waiting on the cytogenetics results from the d&c 12 days ago to see if there was something obvious like aneuploidy to blame for my fresh ivf miscarriage last month. Time couldn’t pass any slower these days...

• Options
    @somewhereinnyc my RE suggested a medicated protocol to mange the cycle/hormones and window for transfer. It leaves less uncertainty in the process for us, which felt better. Though part of me wouldn’t mind having tried a natural cycle to avoid all the hormones, shots, etc. Hopefully you get your test results soon from the MC and it provides some answers.
  • Options
    Hi ladies - I'm going to jump in and join you all as it looks like my FET is likely going going to be in April. I just finished my 3rd retrieval and have 2 embryos waiting from the second one. I look forward to following you all along! 

@somewhereinnyc I swear I came to ask the exact same question! My RE (same clinic as yours) is giving me 2 options. First is the natural FET where all I'd take is letrozole and progesterone suppositories if I ovulate on my own and skip PIO injections that way. But that's IF I ovulate on my own, which doesn't always happen. The second option is a medicated cycle with estrogen patches, PIO injections and maybe something else? This way they induce ovulation and do the transfer. He said it will depend on how my hormone levels and lining all look on day 3 of my cycle, so I'm just waiting for that. I was going to ask if anyone had the option and chose one over the other for a specific reason? My first ever FET 3 years ago was a natural cycle (I didn't know at the time and had no explanation or options to chose from) but then I got switched to PIO injections at 7 weeks after progesterone suppositories caused an irritation and bleeding for me. Curious about others' experiences with both protocols as well. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @mackorori makes sense about timing cycle w medicated. I’m at a very big clinic and I think they do transfers like every day of the wk (?).. it doesn’t sound like the medicated FET is as bad hormonally as a stim cycle. It actually only seems like the only diff is added estrogen patches for a medicated? Our unexplained infertility is actually mild endometriosis (found incidentally at lap when they looked for an ectopic preg that didn’t exist), so I should probably avoid more estrogen..

@Tulips29 yes my fellow east sider, same clinic! I do not have an option. My RE will not do a medicated FET on me as I seem to ovulate every cycle and during my IUI and this past IVF, my lining seemed on the thicker side of normal for whatever reason. BUT- if I were you, I would use the exact same protocol they did for your successful transfer.. and switch to PIO again if suppositories irritate. I specifically asked which protocol has the highest live birth rate (which is like, the bottom line here right?) and she said there is not difference in success rates. Are you transferring 1 tested frosty? Congrats on being done w the stim cycle!
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc yeah, it’s definitely not as bad as a stim cycle! They all seem to be a little different, but mine includes (at various stages) BCP, Lupron, estrogen patches, medrol, doxycycline, progesterone suppositories, PIO, and baby aspirin.

@Tulips29 welcome to the group, hope this FET goes well for you.
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc yea, I'm leaning towards the more natural protocol if everything looks good to proceed that way. Good to know there's no difference in success rates. I'm only allowed to transfer 1 embryo...he won't even discuss transferring 2 with me :disappointed:. I love the idea of twins, but it would put me in a very high risk category and make it for a very difficult 9 months according to him. Do you know yet when your transferring will be?

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @mackorori thank you! :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 my doc was the same way- I think I got the ultimate pity card after this awful miscarriage that resulted in emergency surgery, 15 misoprostol, and finally a d&c. My doc said the same thing about a twin preg, but the stats are that I have a 20% chance of twins and 30-40% chance of a singleton. 🤷‍♀️ If I had done PGS, I’d probably back off to 1 embryo transfer. I’m waiting for my period (first 1 after d&c) before I can start the transfer cycle. The actual transfer will probably be 5-6 weeks from now.  At least the natural FET will give your body a break after the retrieval’s and before pregnancy. When’s your transfer?
  • Options
    @Tulips29 Exciting that you may be transferring in April!! Also glad to hear that you've got 2 embryos from your recent cycle :)

@somewhereinnyc my RE is totally different and always does medicated FETs. All our fertility issues lie with my husband. All my tests have always come clear and my cycles are completely regular. But I wasn't even given the option for an unmedicated cycle. I didn't even know that natural FETs existed until I heard ladies talking about it here. TBH though we have to pay completely out of pocket for everything so I'm willing to do whatever gives us our absolute best shot of being successful, whatever that is.

• Options
    @somewhereinnyc I don't blame you for wanting to transfer 2 then! Interesting that they are saying 5-6 weeks for you. The nurse I spoke with yesterday told me it'll be around 3 weeks after I get my period post this retrieval. She kind of mapped it out that if it comes within the next week, and natural FET protocol works, transfer can be around first week of April. 

@wifeinraleigh28 that would be so exciting to be on the same timeline! I think I read somewhere yours is scheduled for the 5th? Mine might be around there is AF comes within the next week. 

In general, I feel like there are so many what if's and unknowns with this clinic and the way they do everything. I am not complaining as I really like my experience with them so far, but my first clinic was so different. I didn't get options of protocols, I got a calendar at the start of the IVF cycle outlining exact dates for all the medications, I knew my timeline to a T and could plan around it more or less. My FET was exactly a month after my retrieval. Here everything is up in the air and I have protocol options and nothing is ever certain. As a planner with OCD, this gives me major anxiety! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 that’s definitely one thing that’s nice about doing a medicated cycle, the schedule is basically set if everything looks good. I’m also scheduled for early April, currently the 4th.
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 how interesting about medicated only. I heard a lot of smaller clinics do that so they can control when they need to do transfers. I’m jealous of all your pgs normals! I am lucky enough to have 3 ivf cycles covered by insurance (this FET counts as a full cycle and so will my next if I do another while at my current job). If they only do medicated, I wouldn’t do natural w them even if they offered bc they don’t have experience w it. 

@Tulips29 clarification: the actual day of transfer will be like 5-6 weeks from today. It will be 5 days after ovulation on my next cycle, and according to my doc, I am only in the beginning half of my current cycle.. sorry for confusion. I feel the opposite of you- my doc is kinda rigid (but I like her) and I really have to push for anything that’s not in the standard ivf/ FET plan.. but Im getting my double transfer much to her chagrin so I should not be complaining!
  • Options
    @Tulips29 Yes it'll be on the 5th! Less than 3 weeks away, which is just crazy. I hope yours is right around there too :) I am such a Type A planner person too so I definitely appreciate knowing when everything is going to be.

Update: Today is day 5 of estradiol and I'm starting to spot lightly. I think I read that spotting is normal, but I'll definitely bring it up at my next monitoring visit on Thursday.

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 3 weeks is right around the corner! I'm scared to even jinx myself and say we might be on the same timeline now. Still waiting for AF to come so I can start my FET protocol. And then I have to hope it all works as it's supposed to! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    Hi all! I'm currently in my protocol for a FET hopefully for April! I had my retrieval end of February and had OHSS so my fresh transfer was cancelled. (That OHSS is no joke!) My dr has put me on a very long FET protocol (6-8 weeks). I've been on BCP for the last week and a bit and am starting my Lupron injections tonight. I believe I take those for about 4 weeks and in that time add in Estrace and PIO a few days before. Depending on how I react to everything, I think we're looking at end of April for our transfer - but it's really all quite confusing to be honest. I have an appointment next week for assessment bloodwork so I guess I'll find out more then! 

I have 8 frozen embabies waiting for transfer. This is my first IVF/FET cycle so everything is still so new and overwhelming.
  • Options
    @dreamingofbabyb You sound like you're exactly where I am in the process! My last day of BC is this Friday and I started Lupron injections last Saturday. I don't know much about what I have coming next either lol. I know after Friday I wait for my withdrawal bleed and once that happens I'll get bloodwork done. It stinks being in the dark!
  • Options
    Well ladies I may be out before I even start. I went for my suppression check today and I am supposed to start meds tomorrow. But because AF hasn't shown up (last BC was Thursday) I wasn't cleared to start meds. If AF shows up tomorrow I have to call and hopefully get clearance but if not the entire cycle will be cancelled. I am so tired of all of this. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I am so ready to just throw up my hands and say I am done. 
  • Options
    @aconklin214 I'm sorry :( I hope AF arrives for you tonight or tomorrow. Everything is always so up and down with IVF and you've been incredibly strong. I know how discouraging this must feel but remember you are not alone and so many are here for you! Be kind to yourself and know that you're doing all you can <3 
  • Options
    @aconklin214 sorry you are in limbo, all the waiting is so frustrating. Hoping the best things are looking better tomorrow.

@dreamingofbabyb welcome to the group. I also have been on a long protocol, about 6 weeks. It seemed like forever, but now we are a little over two weeks away. Hopefully the time flies for you too.

What kind of restrictions are you ladies getting in terms of alcohol and caffeine? I was told none once I started the estrogen patches, and I’ll roll with whatever they say, but curious if my RE is stricter than others on this.