1st Trimester

November BMB Waiting Room

13»

Re: November BMB Waiting Room

• *Lurker*
    @creamcheeseplease If you decide you don’t want to share yet, the way to fake it with poured beer is that you and YH both get the same kind of shell game it. You take fake sips, he’s really drinking the beer and you just keep swapping glasses on the sly so yours goes down, too. H and I did this successfully at a wedding. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @creamcheeseplease not fun at all! I’m sorry you’ve been having the same thing happen! ☹️

@AshCHB congrats!! So exciting!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kiki75 thanks, that’s a great idea. Unfortunately MH has to work today and won’t be able to help there 😕 
  • It’s snowed again here, too.  So over it.

Anyone watch Ozark on Netflix? DH and I started it last week and I can’t get enough! 
  • @MyCousinVinny Haven't watched Ozark yet, but it's definitely on our list! I love binge watching anything. I binged the good girls last weekend on netflix. It was cute! Not amazing, but definitely light hearted fun.

• @rachelredhead Congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I think we started posting on the TTGP around the same time last month. I was in a complete shock too when I found out, especially because it's so early. Still am! I found out on 8 DPOish...if my OPK was right. I took 10 tests since then to just really make sure hehe

So happy you got some joyful news amidst some family sadness <3
  • @mvc003 thank you and congratulations to you, too!!! I woke up feeling nauseous and hungry, which was a weird combo for me, and figured I was close enough to AF to test. But I still kinda don’t believe it even after 3 tests. I’m getting my hair cut this afternoon and it’s near a Walgreens so I am prob gonna end up buying more tests. 

My uncle, the one who is hospitalized and likely not going to be around much longer, his birthday is today. So I decided since we tested on his birthday he should know. No matter what happens, it felt great to call and give him some joy today. That’s a big gift! ❤️❤️❤️
  • @rachelredhead I’m so deeply sorry about your uncle. It must be so hard to have so many conflicting emotions at the same time. But oh my goodness, what news to share on his birthday!! That is something you’ll never forget. So happy you got to spread that love today and cherish that memory 💕💕
  • @mvc003 @creamcheeseplease Yeah I just called my OB and said I need a blood pregnancy test without asking so joke is on me if they mark it as unnecessary and insurance doesn’t cover it lol but also with you on waking up too early and not being able to fall back to sleep for an hour

@alm52386 congrats!!

@AshCHB congrats! And wow 10 weeks seems so long!

@rachelredhead congrats! But so sorry to hear about your uncle. I’ve been testing an absurd amount as well but promised myself today was the last day as it’s been a full week since my first BFP.

I picked up a bottle of Ariel non-alcoholic Cabernet today to taste.  My parents are visiting next weekend and MH won’t get home from work until well after they get here and I can’t tell them without him. They’ll expect some wine and snacks while we wait and would know something was up if I wasn’t drinking, so I’m hoping this stuff is decent enough.
  • Hello everyone,

I was looking for the November 2019 board but couldn’t find one. We got our BFP about 5 days ago. Based of my LMP my our due date should be around 11/8. I’m super excited as I am wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Hi Ladies!
    I’ve been following this post for a few days but the bump wouldn’t let me comment until I had been a member for a few days. I got my BFB last Sunday and had three beta draws this week. My HCG levels were 16, 42, and 128. My Dr said no need to repeat anymore as they are at least doubling (almost tripling). My progesterone was low so my Dr started me on supplementation! I’m cautiously excited! According to my LMP I am due November 3rd. I have my first appointment this coming Thursday. 

Congrats to everyone!!! 
  • Congrats @kimo229 and @mrsbaker89!  I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone better!
  • kopp5988kopp5988 member
    edited March 2019
    @mrsbaker89 congrats! Yeah not sure when our BMB will open, my guess is soon based on lurking on other months and seeing when they open

@kimo229 congrats! And don’t worry you’re not alone, pretty sure most of us here (or at least me) are cautiously excited until the 8 week appointment comes.
  • @kimo229 congrats!! Like @kopp5988 said, we’re all cautiously optimistic 💕 

@mrsbaker89 congratulations!! Hopefully the board will open up soon
  • @kopp5988 yes! I have celiac too and having symptoms that feel like I’ve been glutened. 4w2d
  • Hi everyone! 3rd time mom here (07/14 and 06/16) with a BFP today and EDD of 11/08. Looking forward to chatting over the next 8ish months. 
  • @Rawa1416 welcome and congrats!
  • Thanks @mvc003, @creamcheeseplease, @kopp5988 and @klstone25 :smile:  

Congratulations @alm52386, @AshCHB, @rachelredhead, @mrsbaker89, @kimo229, and @Rawa1416! Ash, I also recently moved and have to find a midwife/OB. I’m trying to find out which of the nearby hospital options are best for delivery and take into account whether they have admitting privileges there. Rachel, I’m so glad for you to have something joyous in a difficult time. Sorry to hear about your uncle, and sending you some virtual hugs!

@maebyfunke22, I’m so sorry for your loss, and thank you for the heads-up. I hadn’t realized something like that could happen, I thought if the line was still there, all was still well. I’m sorry you had to find out like that.

@mvc003, I’m taking MegaFood Baby & Me 2 multivitamins, plus a fish oil pill and calcium/magnesium, since they’re not in the multi. It feels excessive sometimes, but I am vegetarian/don’t eat fish and want to make sure I get enough of things. I don’t take a full dose of the Ca/Mg.

@kopp5988, re: gas, yes, totally. I do not usually have these issues, and suddenly started a couple of days before BFP. Urg, not fun, I hope this stage passes soon! Probably drinking more and eating more fiber will help?

@kiki75 haha that’s awesome that you got that to work, I’m sure a sharp-eyed friend might notice, but hopefully would have enough discretion not to say anything. I like to drink occasionally, but rarely enough that I could just say I’m not in the mood and not worry too much.

... Sorry about the long reply post, I don't like typing so much on my phone so while I like to check the board more frequently, I waited until I could post at my computer, so there was a bunch to catch up on. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic until my 8-10 week first visit, with the rest of you. We decided to tell just a few people for now, probably we’ll make it ‘public knowledge’ either after the first scan or after the first trimester.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What are you ladies doing about exercise? Keeping up your previous habits? Trying to do less or just if you feel bad? My last pregnancy I let it slide to basically nothing after the first month or two (it didn't help that DH had abdominal surgery then so there went my exercise buddy) and I don't want to do that this time. I've recently just got into a good groove with regular running and bodyweight fitness and don't want to backslide too much. I'm figuring for now keep doing everything like I've been doing but don't push much harder than normal, and take it down a notch as needed, I just feel like it's hard to tell early on what's really needed to keep LO safe and what's just using it as an excuse. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @geshem congrats and thank you for the kind words. I’m still nervous to get too excited but trying to remain calm. I’m getting a blood test tmrw to confirm the pregnancy so I’m hopeful for good news.

exercise wise I’m actually signed up for a half-marathon this coming weekend. I know running is fine during pregnancy provided I listen to my body but I’m gonna play it by ear for Saturday. Maybe I’ll just walk half of it. Or if the weather is awful I’ll postpone it for another day. My hope is to continue running (but no more half marathons scheduled) and add in more yoga. 
  • @geshem I plan on keeping up with my routine I've been doing. I've been doing barre classes 3x per week and will continue to throughout (FX!). I talked to my instructor today and she said not to get freaked out or feel unsafe for the LO during our classes. She let me know that the only big differences will come in the ab work after the 1st trimester during which I'll do it a little bit differently than the other ladies to let the ab muscles do their thing. She said the main thing to watch out for was getting too internally overheated. 
  • @rachelredhead I’m so sorry about your uncle but glad you were able to share some happy news with him ❤️Congrats. Im a runner too and I definitely admire your plans to run a half! Unrelated to pregnancy I am decidedly not in half shape, haha. 

Im glad to see we have some others here who want to try to keep up with exercise routines! @geshem I also completely failed at exercising last pregnancy and really regret it. So I’m hoping to keep up with running a few times a week and I’ve been doing Tone it Up strength videos (mostly the prenatal ones to try them out now) although as @mvc003 said not much if anything needs to get modified at this point. 
  • @Rawa1416 congrats! And yes I feel the same way! I’m like great my bloated pregnant looking belly is back similar to before I was diagnosed. 

@geshem I’m mostly sticking to what I did before pregnancy. I run 3 times a week, other cardio 2-3 times a week and do weights 5 times a week. I did remove my HIIT workouts or HIIT portions of my workouts (like burpees) and have been trying to keep my heart rate under 150. 

@rachelredhead I’m also signed up for a half marathon but it will be when I’m almost 14 weeks pregnant. I hoping that’s good timing since I’ve heard things get easier in the second trimester. I figure I’ll walk/run it if I have to.  I’m also planning to use it as my baby announcement- planning wear a shirt that says running for two on the front and baby on board (like the car stickers) on the back. And then I’ll share a picture of me in the shirt to tell people. I’ve clearly given this way to much thought at only 5 weeks along hahaha.

We’re planning to tell my parents on Friday and I’m so excited. I’ve been dying because I tell my mom everything. It’s my dads birthday next weekend, part of why they’re coming down is to celebrate that.  TW** We almost lost my dad multiple times in the past three years. He had cancer for 5 years and 3 years ago had surgery to remove his bladder because the cancer kept coming back. The surgery went great and he’s been cancer free since but he has lupus and I don’t think the doctors adequately assessed that risk. He spent the first two years post op more in the hospital than out with infection after infection (like sepsis level infections in the ICU and intubated at times). There were some incredibly scary times but we finally feel like we are coming out the other end. All this did make me hesitant to tell them before 12 weeks because it’s been such a rough 3 years (we also lost my dads brother to cancer in that time) and it scares me so much to think of potentially having to take the joy back by telling to early but I’ve decided I just can’t think like that. End TW*
    Anyway I bought him a birthday card that just says grandpa in different forms (poppy, gramps, etc) all over the front and am going to write I can’t wait to meet you under the message inside and sign it Baby O (sorry for the long post!!)
  • @kopp5988 aww that’s a sweet message for your dads birthday ❤️
  • @kopp5988 that’ll be such a special surprise! I was nervous for my family to know before the 12 weeks but given everything we’re going through with my uncle it just felt right. And I decided that even if something happened, these are the folks whose support I’d most need. So that eases my mind a bit. Enjoy your joy! 
  • @koop5988 That's such a sweet way to tell your parents. 

Anyone else annoyed that our BMB still isn't up yet? I really thought it would be available by now.  
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @klstone25 very annoyed lol. I guess we have to just wait.
  • @creamcheeseplease @rachelredhead @klstone25 thanks ladies! 

Also so curious why our BMB hasn’t opened yet.. it looks like October’s was opened before this time last month. Getting impatient!
  • @kopp5988 that is too cute!! Love that. 

I told my parents on Friday because I was dying to talk to my mom about it. We ended up telling MH's parents as well only because we're supposed to be flying across the country on Friday for my SILs wedding and feel uneasy about the trip. 

It's been so stressful trying to decide what to do. While I know there aren't really any risks involved with flying, I'm concerned about how exhausted I'll feel flying to the other coast Friday morning and flying back Sunday morning and going back to work on Monday. Even under ideal circumstances, I've been getting more and more tired making that trip. I'm leaning towards staying, but MH wants to be with me wherever I am. I don't want to feel like I'm the reason he's not going. 

And when is that board opening up! So annoying 

• @mvc003 I have to travel for work tmrw and I’m sooooooo not interested in going. I’m not worried about the impact of travel really but it will be weird with no drinking or caffeine. It’s just a very alcohol-heavy culture sometimes. I’ve decided to blame the half-marathon I have coming up and say I don’t drink the week before a race. At least I only have to spend a couple nights away from home. 

I hope your anxiety about the trip eases. It’s all about making the best decisions you can for you and the little bean whenever these circumstances come up. I’m glad your hubby is supportive either way! 
  • is the BMB a special board? 
  • klstone25klstone25 member
    edited March 2019
    It's officially available! 

eta: I'll start an intro thread! 

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @rachelredhead thank you!! It's so hard to suss out what my head and my emotions are trying to tell me. 

• RIP Luke Perry.
  • Hi ladies!
    I got my bfp on 3/2, hopefully my rainbow baby! Took betas today to check and see how things are going and waiting for the results. Atleast the cheapie hpts are getting darker. Cant wait til we have our own BMB!
  • @justaplainbagel Congrats! The November BMB just opened:  https://forums.thebump.com/categories/november-2019-moms  Come join us!  :)

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Joining the wait list here. I'm 38 and just had my first IVF cycle this year following a MC in early 2017. FET of a 5d embryo on 2/20. Two BFP beta tests over the weekend! So officially 4w3d today with an EDD of 11/8 😁 anxious and excited all at the same time!