April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 2/25

Re: Randoms w/o 2/25

• Options
    @cabearit where in central Florida? We have a high of 83 today AC is a must! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @kosmo86 Just north of Tampa. I have a small USB fan pointed at my face right now. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I just saw that during my 3AM social media swipe-a-thon (thanks, pregsomnia) and about died!! I love sleep😴
  • Options
    @kosmo86 and @cabearit Can I kindly ask you to shut it?!  Hahahaha.  Kidding.  Our high today is -19 celsius and we're already there at 9am.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty DH showed that to me. I’m pretty sure we’re doomed until everyone’s in college.
  • Options
    @cabearit - I am in south orlando now, but grew up in Tampa. I graduated from USF. Lived in Tampa, Brandon.. then moved out to clearwater and most recently just moved from the Oldsmar, Palm harbor area so I am very familiar! 

• Options
    @mermaidca its not all its cracked up to be! Its so humid in the afternoons it already almost too hot to be outside and its only March! but then again I never deal with snow soooo 

• Options
    @mermaidca Haha. I know, I know! I shouldn't be complaining. It could be a lot worse. I would also likely die if I was in -19 degree weather! I have such thin skin. I think 60 degrees is heavy jacket weather. 

@kosmo86 I grew up around here too and also graduated from USF (in 2006). We spent a year living in Clermont. I always loved Orlando. Except I-4 traffic. I can always do without that.
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Options
    @lyse01 I have never felt the whole “ill sleep when I’m dead” thing so much as right now and when think about the next couple years.

Side note-we’ve watched Incredibles 2 a lot, cause freaking awesome and the whole family loves it. But also because the lack of sleep/parenting struggles is so real right now. I think DH has taken to quoting the movie “everyone’s hitting the sack, everyone’s getting the sleep that they lack...” and then he usually does that sad laugh and a sigh. It’s freaking hilarious.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty Not gonna lie, Incredibles 2 was a Preparing for Parenthood type of movie for my husband and I... 😅
  • Options
    @MRDCle 💕🍼👌🥳

incedibles 2, yes. Same. 

Born in FL lived in PA and MA during childhood/college and learned to drive in blizzard season, 

Now I’m in a seasonal rainforest in northern CA and we are either saturated or ablaze. 

I like 4 seasons, I like snow and cold 🥶 and bundling up and I don’t like humidity above 50-60 . Sooooo  I need to move based on season. 
  • Options
    It's 3pm and I haven't eaten lunch yet and breakfast wasn't much either.  Stupid work getting in the way!  What I wouldn't give for a door on this cubicle. 
    But in good news they offered my mat leave position to a lady this morning!  So while we won't have any overlap at least I know someone will be at my desk for the next year - that lessens the guilt of leaving early a bit.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty @mighty_montgomery we watched incredibles 2 not long ago and afterwards I had crazy pregnancy dreams that our twins were born able to crawl/walk and escaped from their crib and I was running around all over town in my robe trying to find them lol. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt I approve of your choices. 

I spent an insane amount of money in the last 24 hours. I should probably never buy anything ever again. Bought the Tripp trap highchair and the changing table off our registry (hooray amazon completion discount), plus another (cheap) bookshelf for our playroom. We also bought a new microwave since ours has been broken for 6 months and we realized we’d need it for sterilizing bottles. But... we are pretty much ready for baby now!!! 
  • Options
    tmblickleytmblickley member
    edited March 2019
    @professormama i don't think I could survive a week without a microwave let alone 6 months.  

Your story reminded me of my sister when her first was born.  Her dishwasher was broken and she was washing everything by hand for a week or two. I told her I was buying her a new dishwasher, but she was protesting and saying she was a bad mom. I told her our dad had already measured the space, all I needed to know was white, black, or stainless.  She was crying but still managed to clearly say stainless steel, lol. Working appliances are necessary.
  • Options
    @tmblickley omg. We had to go without a dishwasher for a few months when we were repairing a major leak in our kitchen and suuuuucked. No dishwasher with a new baby sounds miserable. You’re a good sister for buying her a new one!
    The no microwave thing was really just that we don’t use it almost ever, so it’s been basically unnecessary until we remembered about sterilizing bottles. 
  • Options
    Go ahead and judge away on this ladies. DD still sleeps in our room at nearly 6 years old. We are finally trying to transition her to her bed in her own room before baby comes. I got absolutely no sleep last night because I kept waking up waiting to hear her calling my name. She never did but around 3am she snuck back into our room and snuggled me. I wish our room was big enough to fit both her and baby. I’m having the hardest time with her sleeping so far away  :'(
  • Options
    @professormama, I spent way too much money last weekend also, but now we are totally set even if baby comes early.  Yay for microwaves!  I don't think we would survive without one, haha.  We do a lot of reheating leftovers and steam in bag veggies.

@tmblickley, my husband made the decision to buy a dishwasher back in first trimester because he was tired of doing all the dishes that my sick-as-a-dog self neglected :lol:.  I will never admit it to him, but it's definitely been nice to have.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn’t have a dishwasher in the first apartment I had on my own. I literally lived off of yogurt and sandwiches in order to make the least amount of dishes to clean, lol. Dishwasher is a must have item. Microwaveable steam bag veggies have been a game changer this pregnancy so right now its an appliance I’m very fond of. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @harveyisaboysname I can’t judge you at all. My 4yo son slept in my bed until just about 6 months ago. The first few nights, like you said, I got zero sleep. He still gets in my bed in the middle of the night sometimes, but he stays in his bed more and more often. Even once the new baby comes he will be welcome to crawl in and join us if he wakes up scared. We’ve seriously considered one of those custom extra giant beds, but they’re too expensive and we’d have to get a custom bed frame too. Lol. But really we love co-sleeping and wouldn’t have it any other way, even if the bed does get a little crowded. 
  • Options
    Also... the nesting is OUT OF CONTROL over here. Not only did I buy all the baby stuff, I also totally reorganized our playroom last night and this morning I’m on a massive cleaning binge. My kiddo is sick with the cold I had last week so we’ve been up since 5:30am. So far both bathrooms are almost fully clean (still need to mop), and laundry is started. Husband is installing microwave. And kid is watching ridiculous amounts of TV. I anticipate all of us crashing mid afternoon. 
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname, DS still climbs into bed with us occasionally in the middle of the night and goes back to sleep.  I don't mind at all, but DH gets the brunt of the kicks and the sprawling :lol:.  I'm just not sure how that will continue to work out once babe is here (and most likely cosleeping as well).

@professormama, can you send some of that energy my way?  You go, mama!  I've got the nesting urge but no burst of energy to make it happen, haha.  I wish we had the day today to clean and work on the nursery, but we have a family obligation.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nesting is getting worse! I cleaned out our filing cabinet and shredded all the old documents last night.  This morning I have been walking around the house looking for stuff to donate/toss.  I’ve already dusted and vacuumed every room and since I hate mopping floors I’ve been holding out on that for now but I’m sure I won’t make it to noon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @tumblefluff omg shredding... Totally adding that to my list of things to do! It's so satisfying to purge things. 

Hubby and I are working on various freezer meal projects today. He's making super fancy baked penne right now and I'm staying out of his way. Maybe I'll start loading up the baby's dresser so all the stuff we have is put away! Next week is our shower, so there will be lots more to clean and sort next week!
  • Options
    I admire all you with the energy to nest. DH is the one who is nesting this weekend. He has cleaned almost every room and even the junk drawers. I on the other hand have basically been in bed all day. I did waaay too much yesterday and feel utterely exhausted. 
  • Options
    @fuzzywombat, if it doesn't, then I'm screwed :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My house is the cleanest it has been in at least a year.... possibly ever. And now I’m officially exhausted. 
  • Options
    When are folks packing their hospital bags? 
  • Options
    We went home for my baby shower with my dad’s side and got back a couple hours ago. After having my mom FaceTime me to find out what I got (and me cutting the tags off of the clothes and getting them ready to go in the wash while she talked), I am officially exhausted. I really need to work on thank you notes, but also really want to shower and take a nap. I’m pretty glad this was our last trip home until after the baby is here because the car is so uncomfortable to be in at this stage of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @kayceebaby1, I have ours partially packed (minus clothes for DH).  I'm going to make sure to stick the hospital pre-admission packet in there soon, and I'll throw in last minute things like phone chargers and medication before we leave for the hospital.  I really need to get a bag packed for DS though so he's ready to go to the grandparents whenever baby decides it's time....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As far as energy to do things and desire, I totally have that. 

I also have way to much pain in my pelvic girdle. It’s not all the symphasis it’s like every part of the dang thing burns or stings or pinches  and it’s terrible. 

Family bedroom is not a thing that deserves judgement. Dd sleeps in her bedroom because we all sleep better but the co-sleeping was strong while it worked better. Just stick with whatever transition you need to do and be patient. It will balance out. When I was 6ish I had a sleeping bag and if I felt the need to be in my parents room I could bring that and sleep on the floor by the foot of their bed. I only did it a few times, but knowing it was a choice made everything feel good. 
  • Options
    @kayceebaby1 My doctor asked me if I had my hospital bag packed yet and I’m like *cough* no... I’m due in 4 weeks and I seriously have nothing ready. I’m too exhausted to do anything and too stubborn to ask for help.
  • Options
    @kayceebaby1 Most of what I’m going to pack will be last minute. Chargers, toothbrush, hairbrush, etc.  I have anything that I can do ahead of time done but that’s not much. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    I am going to scream and then cry and then scream again. We are currently stuck at my FILs. Thought we had the coolant leak fixed. DH went to check it this morning and the hood release cable broke, so we can’t open the hood. Shouldn’t have been an immediate issue because we thought the damn leak was fixed. 

Except apparently not. Got to FILs and it starts leaking again and it’s more then the dribble we had before.

And to make matters worse this place smells like an ashtray (which is why we almost never visit). The only reason we did today was because we had to pass by it on the way to a birthday party earlier and it was a might as well stop since we are here thing. 

And and I had to deal with one of DHs evil sisters. I am so beyond fucking done with today. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Guys, I need to just vent for a sec. I've been having a rough day emotionally. I went to get a pedicure with a friend who is due a week before me and one of the workers there had to say how much bigger I am than my friend so that didnt help my emotional state. Then I get home and complain to DH about it, along with a comment about how I'm sick of people commenting on my body. His response? Well that just comes with the territory of being pregnant. Oh, ok, thanks for the sensitivity asshole. I know I'm being too sensitive and I know hes probably just sick of my bad attitude but I dont understand why he has to say that. It just makes me feel so much worse. So now I'm just crying uncontrollably while he pretends nothing is wrong. And he won't address it or apologize. I'm pissed and just sad.
    End rant. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    @rennie1108, everyone varies differently and it was rude of the person who commented to do so. 

Baby can wiggle into a position that makes you feel bigger one second and then next you feel tiny (relatively) and some ladies hide their baby in their rib cage and back and you can’t even see that they are expecting. 

Hubs cant understand how much anxiety lies to us during pregnancy and turns anything he says that’s remotely wrong into TERRIBLE and HEARTBREAKING! And your feelings are valid.