Infertility
Options

Feb 2019 FET

Re: Feb 2019 FET

• Options
    @jepd73 I am finally starting to go down in my stomach from stimming with follistim I looked 6mo. on Sat
  • Options
    @hchill0209 what pregnancy test did you use? I bought 25 bfp strips from early-pregnancy.com website 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ekb2016ekb2016 member
    edited February 2019
    It has been a while since I posted but I have been keeping busy! Had our transfer on the 19th here are our embryos that we did.. and I jumped the gun to do home pregnancy tests..  

• Options
    @ekb2016
    Just put in the text or images you would want in a spoiler, highlight them and click the drop down arrow next to the paragraph symbol in the toolbar (the backwards P :smile:  ). Select spoiler and everything you highlighted will be put into a spoiler bracket!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    edited February 2019
    jepd73 - Good luck this week with your transfer, lots of good sticky vibes your way that all goes well on the 28th! 
    @italianmommy8 congrats on your lining and moving along, that is awesome. Sticky vibes and positive thoughts your way for a fantastic transfer on Friday!
    @hchill0209 congratulations! So exciting you got a positive so soon! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead for you and babe (or babies?)
    ekb2016 - Congratulations!  Those are fantastic lines for so early after transfer I would think both those beautiful embryos stuck, how EXCITING!! 

To all the ladies in waiting (that sounds funny doesn't it), hope your keeping busy and staying positive. Excited to see lots more BFP on here! Love to see more positives this week, keep them coming :smiley:
    **bfp & child warning***

IVF #1 - September 2012 = CP - BFN
    FET #1 - November 2012 = BFP!!!!
    DS - Born July 2013
    FET #2 - January 2015 = BFP!!!!!
    DS - Born September 2016
    IVF #2 - prep in progress, retrieval date November 2018
  • Options
    @ekb2016 congrats!!! How exciting!!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Wow lots of updates to get caught up on!!

I had my lining check this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see my lining was 9.2! My last FET it took 4 extra weeks to get me up to 8, so I’m very excited. 

I start PIO on Thursday and my transfer will be Monday (March 4). 
  • Options
    I used a Dollarama test which had a really faint line, and then confirmed with a FRER. I only transferred one 5AA embryo.
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 thank you I fixed it! 

@faithhopelove01 yes I am still not going to believe it until my beta on Friday. And probably still won’t seem real until the ultrasound! But I agree staying busy has been so helpful! 
  • Options
    ericandmariaericandmaria member
    edited February 2019
    Good luck @megmac2010, congrats @ekb2016 !
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!
    FET scheduled for 3/5/19 😬😬. Uterine lining was 13.6, starting Progesterone injections on Thursday! Excited and nervous!
    Congrats on all BFP! 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @ekb2016 oh my God that's super awesome! Congrats girl!!
    @sue2019 @megmac2010 @jepd73 Have a great transfer! Wishing baby dust for you all!
    @ericandmaria how are you holding up?
  • Options
    @sue2019 great lining!! Good luck! My transfer is on Friday 
  • Options
    @megmac2010 congrats on a great lining! Good luck on your transfer 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 thanks!! Good luck to you!!
  • Options
    @megmac2010 good luck on your transfer! We’re very close!! Mine is on 3/5 😬😬
  • Options
    @sue2019 cycle buddies! My clinic does super late betas (16 days!) so you’ll probably have your results before me, even though you’re transferring after!

I have a question for anyone who has done PIO... my husband is so nervous about injecting me. I’m not worried at all, but he’s struggling with the idea of puncturing my skin. Any tips? How can I help him feel comfortable? I had him practice tonight with an orange (yep, just as hilarious as it sounds) but he’s still really nervous. 
  • Options
    @megmac2010 My husband didn't outwardly express that he was nervous.  It wasn't until right before he had the deer in headlights look was freaked out and just wanted to get it over with.  I kept my cool, even though I was a little nervous.  I didn't say anything until afterwards and let him know it didn't hurt and I barely felt anything.  He felt a lot better once it was over and now I don't think he will be as apprehensive the next time.  He's off the hook during the week because I work evenings and have to do the shots myself at work.  I feel like it is just like pulling off a bandaid - just do it and get it over with and you both will find it's not that bad.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    My clinic too does super late Beta (15dpt!) am 8dp5dt and waiting for the next 7 hellish days to pass away quickly. @megmac2010 orange is soooo hilarious but definitely relatable, Awesome creativity on your part to think of it! LOL
    Am on suppositories and i'll tell you its not nice at all, it is disgusting, itchy, and all kinds of awful things...
  • Options
    @jepd73 congrats on your transfer day today!! My cycle buddy!! Hope all goes well! 
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel I’m on PIO and the suppositories. The suppositories are gross. I feel gross, sticky and goopy all day. You’d think this day and age they would make something a little less awful. 
  • Options
    @megmac2010 I do the injections myself for PIO, I’d rather do it than have my husband do it. He stands there and supports me with the bandeaus ready though 😊
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel urgh 15dpt is a long time. You won’t test prior?  I hope you get great news! 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @jepd73 i know! and for me its thrice a day... can you imagine, just when i start feeling a lil drier a bit less sticky, it's time for the next one to go in..lol... am sorry am venting...but if not here then where! 
    Aren't i glad that we all have each other:):):)
    @italianmommy8 yess, i dont know why! they love torturing us i guess, LOL 
    and I haven't the courage to test, TBH i have never seen those two beautiful lines come up for me ever, so i just dont think ...you know...:(
  • Options
    I had my monitoring this morning.
    my lining was 6.69 and doctor says that’s great especially being on PIO shots since Sunday. I am good to go for my transfer tomorrow 
    my follicles on the left are quite large - I have a 25, 19 and 17! She said that’s why I feel uncomfortable on the left. No exercise or sex.
    Tonight I take the metrogel vaginally and I insert the progesterone suppository tomorrow morning at 11am. I will get a call this morning on my blood levels (estrogen and progesterone and given instructions).

what do you doctors tell you about bedrest versus not after a transfer? 
    I go to RMA and they said you can walk and do normal routine except for exercise and sex after transfer.

I only had my prior transfer in the beginning of December and the transfer hurt and I didn’t do bedrest as they said I don’t have to. I did have warm fluffy socks on and McDonald fries. The cycle after that got cancelled a few days prior. And here I am, tomorrow is my transfer #2.
  • Options
    Best wishes and Baby Dust to u @italianmommy8, My Doc told me to take a good amount of rest on the first three days at least with the rest being on moderate day to day schedule but absolutely no heavy lifting, no sex (though with the suppositories, one would have a hard time as it is!) and nothing too strenuous.
    He also said to have lots and lots of water

• Options
    I caved and took a pregnancy test last night and...It was positive!  I am so excited, but I feel like it wont be real until my beta and first ultrasound appointment.  Also, I want to take more POAS tests haha (I used a FRER).  For now, I am just going to enjoy the moment.  Thanks for all of your support.  Baby Dust to you all!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @ceriley1 Awesome!!!! Wishing u super sticky baby dust!!!

• Options
    Congrats @ceriley1!!

I also caved and took a test this morning and it was positive!

But it was an expired test and I didn't tell my husband, don't want to get both of our hopes up until first beta in 2 days! 

Ugh I hope it's good news, still taking oral estradiol and daily PIO injections (husband does them) that if things work out I'll be taking until 10 weeks.

Good luck @italianmommy8! My dr told my to just take it easy but do my regular activities/and go back to work, nothing too strenuous.

Keep you guys posted! Clinic days they'd call me with results Saturday sometime....
  • Options
    @ceriley1 that’s awesome congrats! I feel the exact same way, have my beta tomorrow and get results then maybe it will feel more official at that point. 

@ericandmaria hopefully a good sign (sounds like it to me) but sending good vibes your way! 

@italianmommy8 good luck tomorrow! I just relaxed the day of my transfer and worked like normal the next day no bed rest or anything like that (no sex but that seems to be a standard protocol) 
  • Options
    Had my transfer with a 6 day 6AA emby this afternoon. Everything went perfectly. Doc told me to resume normal activity and not just go lay in bed. I took a nap anyway lol. Still on PIO, Endometrin 2x a day and Estradiol 3x a day. Beta in 9 days. Gosh I hope this little guy sticks. 
  • Options
    Congrats on being PUPO @jepd73
    FX for you @ericandmaria
  • Options
    @jepd73 congrats on your transfer!!

@ceriley1 congrats on your positive!!

@ericandmaria congrats!! How many days post transfer were you with a positive? 

Thank you for the well wishes for my transfer this afternoon!! What time did you all inset the progesterone vaginal suppository? 
  • Options
    Update-
    2/28 - 508.52 estrogen 32.65 progesterone 
    Metrogel tonight
    PIO injection tonight 
    Deoxycycline tonight - stop taking after tonight’s dose 
    Lining was 6.69mm
    Follicles on the left were big 17, 19 and 25

Transfer at 2:20pm 3/1 take progesterone suppository vaginally between 10-11am
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 i was told to keep a time gap of 8 hrs for the three insertions daily, so for me it is 7am-3pm-11pm on a regular basis.

• Options
    @waitingformyangel 3 inserts daily?? I only insert the progesterone suppository the day of transfer between 10-11am. I take progesterone with sesame oil nightly injections 1ml.
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 yes for me no PIO but those gross suppositories....urgghhh!!
  • Options
    I do my inserts and Estrediol in the morning when I wake up and both again before I go to bed, another Estadiol at 4p, PIO is at 9p.  Who else has a bunch of alarms set on their phone to remind them to take all this stuff? 

@italianmommy8 Good thoughts your way today.
  • Options
    ceriley1ceriley1 member
    edited March 2019
    @italianmommy8 I do PIO in the morning and do my suppository right before I go to sleep.  I am on the Crinone gel suppository and it is a white cream in an applicator.  Might be TMI but.. it leaves solid white chunks inside me.  I asked my RE if this is normal, and she said it is, but its not fun or sexy!