April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 2/25

Because I seriously can’t handle 7 pages of randoms. 

Re: Randoms w/o 2/25

• Loading the player...
  • @lilpotatomama we hired a housecleaner a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. She comes every other Friday and I dust/vacuum on the in between weeks (well, I try to anyways). It's totally worth the money out of the budget to save some of my sanity. 

I'm mentally checked out of work. I only have 16 work days (because Spring Break) left before I go on maternity leave and I'm just so done. I'm so glad I have this week and next and then I get a week off.
  • On cleaning: When I do not feel motivated to clean, I watch Kon Marie on Netflix and it gives me the motivation to get to work.

On Maternity leave: this week is supposed to be my last week working. I texted my employer yesterday saying I was having diarrhea and vomiting and asked if I was still wanted to come in. I expected a clear yes or no answer but what I got instead was "Maybe it would be best for you to get some extra rest?" So do I take that as a no and not show up? Text communication is great (<-- sarcasm).
  • I know I should be “nesting” but I’m just too dang tired to nest. I am really tempted to hire someone to clean my house, just to give me a jump start. I can’t. 
    Ummm I def hired a little cleaning crew to come give us a deep clean the week before the babies come. IDGAF. I won't be able to do a spring cleaning this year so someone else can. I started budgeting for this like, months ago :D 

Fifteen days till mat leave for me! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Feeling super glad that we literally just moved into a brand new apartment... My cleaning list is minimal 🙌🏻 or else I'd probably be hiring someone.

Today is my last work day!!!! (Because of the move) I'm feeling a little worried since finances will be quite tight until I get a new job... DH keeps saying he's going to find a night job until I'm ready to go back, which is so sweet. But then I'd literally never seem him between full time school, work, and a second job😅 yes, I'm totally being selfish about that. I don't want to be alone with our very first babe! But we will see what works out🤷🏼‍♀️ at least I get to be done working for a minute!
  • @frenchfrymama DH was working two jobs when we had our first and my time before I found a new job was tough. He was gone most days from 8a-11p and it was cold out (DS was born in Feb). It was nice to have a couple extra weeks off but it was a bummer being home solo most of the time.
  • @MRDCle yeah, that is what I'm worried about! That sounds soshard, especially in the cold!! My DH has been out of the country for the last two and a half months, so at this point I'm fairly accustomed to being alone. But I'm sure it will be a while different world once there is a newborn in the mix.
  • I don’t think I got any sleep last night.

Also I somehow tweaked my knee. ☹️ 

But my DH apologized for being an asshat yesterday. He actually acknowledged that I was right(haha) and he understands why I was mad. He’s also super sore today and sees the error in his decisions. He says he’s definitely feels the karma for not listening in the first place and being a butthead afterwards. 

I have leftover corned beef for lunch and it’s the big driving force to keep me actually getting ready for work right now. 

I wish I had maternity leave soon. 

My randoms are very very random today. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • I have never hired a cleaning person. Our house is big but I clean every week and have it down to a science (and we built it brand new 2 years ago) so I feel like paying someone $100 every 2 weeks to do something I really only spend an hour (2 tops) doing a week seems pointless. DH even helped me with the master bath this week (the room I hate the most) and we had it done in 20 minutes. 

I still have 40 work days left. womp womp. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @thatbaintforbetty “I wish I had maternity leave soon.” - S A M E. I work at the hospital I’m planning to deliver at, so I’m trying to convince myself to work right up to the end but I really really don’t want to.

In addition to spring cleaning- all the yard work in our area starts shortly before my due date. I had a lot of Plans for the front/garden this year and I don’t think I’ll be getting to many of them... Anything I’d get done now would probably die.
  • oh, man, all this house cleaning talk 🤦🏻‍♀️ i told myself, with confidence and zero remorse that i was going to hire a cleaning lady to come 2x a month, but when i started calling around, i learned it was a bit steeper than i realized & i’ve always been a lazy bargain shopper 😩 but damn, i need a cleaning lady!!

we (my husband, mostly) cleaned the house near spotless last weekend for our baby shower, and a week later it’s already a disaster. i may revisit the idea of hiring help. 

@mrstmoose, i am SOO with you on having checked out of work! only i have 6 weeks left, since i’ve committed to working up to the last minute 😩 i’ve started working remotely b/c climbing the stairs to my 2nd story office has gotten to be too much for me. (it wouldn’t be so bad twice a day, but our bathrooms are downstairs so it’s more like 10+ x’s a day) and i have never been productive when i work remotely. 
  • @lin0442 - we started our yearly yard maintenance this weekend! I live in florida so we don't have issues starting early but I knew there was no way I would do it next month!

• I'm jealous of every one able to start yard work this early. 

@batmama31 trust me, I wish I had another 8 weeks of work, just because he would stay in longer. But, such is life.
  • @kosmo86 this will be our first time. I can usually get it done fairly quickly, but I like to get the baseboards and walls cleaned each spring, and I can't get that done right now, ha. Plus with DH renovating the attic, our house has been in a constant state of mess for a few months. It'll be well worth the $200 for someone to come do the nitty gritty for me!
  • I ended up staying home from work yesterday and my sister was here volunteering to move stuff around for me and help set up rooms for baby, but I just didn’t want to deal with it at all. For days now, I’ve been in nesting mode and ready to get started, but yesterday I was cranky and in a lot of pain.

My last day of working is probably going to be the 15th. I go back and forth between ready to be done NOW and wanting to power through until my due date so I just picked a day and told my boss.

@thatbaintforbetty Good he apologized to you. My SO has done similar and it sends me over the edge.

Pretty sure I woke up every hour the last few nights. I think it’s because I normally move a lot in my sleep, but due to pain I can’t easily adjust position in bed right now. I have to wake up so I can roll from one aching hip to the other. 
  • came back to add that my husband’s birthday is next week and i have NO IDEAS on a gift, or how to celebrate. and i need to come up w/ SOMETHING b/c he has been super husband this whole pregnancy!! 😭 i owe him like, more than ever. 
  • @kosmo86 I share @professormama jealousy! I’m in New England so it just isn’t happening yet with all the snow/mud/unpredictable weather. I actually like yard work, too :cry:

@batmama31 It’s crazy how quickly a squeaky clean house can go back to how it was. Especially if there’s any kids, pets, or if you cook regularly!
  • @thatbaintforbetty so glad H apologized!

@batmama31 is there something you could do for him that he could do on his own, time to just relax on his own that he would be interested in?  A private golf lesson, a nice haircut and proper shave at a nice barber?

Add me to the done at work club.  I have been mental checked out for weeks but I'm finally brave enough to actually tell my boss I'm going on sick leave and my last day will be the 8th (2 weeks!!!  Yikes!)  This SPD is out of control and sitting at a desk all day is not helping.  There's still no replacement for my position and the new lawyer doesn't even really know all my job entails so I don't think he'll be any help, but I told them I was pregnant in October. I can't feel guilty for needing this time.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca - they have no plan for when I am out either. Our company is split into 8 brands. I support all of them. They will survive ok EXCEPT they have quarterly meetings that I do a lot of work for and I will miss at least 1 of them so they will hate it. 

• @batmama31 Do you know what he appreciates most: Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, or Physical Touch?
    For my husband, physical touch means the most to him so a gift he would want is rubs and cuddles while watching a movie, plus a home cooked meal.
    For me, words of affirmation mean the most so I always feel really loved when he gives me a card with a short paragraph he's written in it (without me having to prompt him to write more than "Love, ____").
    If he likes acts of service, waiting on him for the day would be perfect. If he likes gifts, think of something he's been talking about getting himself and get it for him, or I always go with practical gifts (razors, body wash, a new pair of shoes, a knife sharpener, etc.). And for quality time, tickets to a game, a museum, a movie, a reservation at a nice restaurant, or planning a new experience together like a walk at a park neither of you have been to or setting up an indoor picnic would do well.
  • All the cleaning talk is motivating me to clean today. We cut our cleaners back to only once a month since I’m home a little bit more and should really be doing this myself. Plus it’s so stressful to make sure we don’t have piles of laundry or a sink full of dishes every other Thursday which is my busiest day of the week. Today is the perfect day since DD was throwing up all last night so both of us are staying home. Time to scrub some shit! 
  • Our place is so tiny that I feel like we should be able to clean it no problem. Although I think that might part of the problem, it’s actually so small we have no room for anything and every little thing creates a big mess. 

Either way it’s not in our budget right now, but I would seriously love to have a house cleaner. I’m contemplating paying my sister to deep clean the place closer to my EDD, just so that I have a easier starting point afterwards with a toddler and a newborn. (She worked as a house cleaner professionally for awhile, I’m not just drafting her into it, lol) 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @harveyisaboysname I hope DD feels better...and you don't get it!
  • edited February 2019
    I feel an urge to nest but I wake up most days dizzy and light headed. Sleeping has been hard so I'm exhausted. There isn't really too much to clean but there is a list of things i really want to get done. Yesterday I persevered and did some much needed decluttering. I'm trying to carry that over to today but I'm laying on the couch wondering if a nap first will help :)
    Also I hate the receptionist at my obgyn I had to reschedule this weeks nst (they aren't important I'm only getting them as a precaution I've had a really healthy pregnancy baby is fine) and as usual they made me feel like shit. Their attitude is why rescheduling gives me anxiety. 
  • @mighty_montgomery, his love languages are physical touch & quality time. so my mind just defaults to, "bj & dinner?" 😂

I think my problem is I've gone so big in the past w/ gifts that I always feel like, "this year has to be bigger/better than last!"  🤦🏻‍♀️
  • If I can keep the kitchen clean throughout the week, I consider it a clean house. lol. Bathrooms are a close second and then floors. I used to have a cleaning routine, but between baby prep and an active High School student who is now dating  :#, it's a miracle if I can even do laundry on the weekends. Week days are filled with work and then tutoring students in the afternoon. There is no time. 

I actually stood in the adult diaper section at Walmart yesterday and puzzled over which I needed to buy. I plan on working as long as possible and the idea of my water breaking in front of 30ish middle schoolers is not appealing. I know it doesn't happen often and it didn't happen with my first, so maybe I just risk it? Idk. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • have you guys seen the bissell vacuum mop? I semi-follow a mom blogger who posted a review of it, and I'm pretty much sold. as soon as I have extra room in my budget, I think I'm gonna get it.

and I think I have the b-day celebration: I'll hire a sitter and take him to a fancy steak house in town. we haven't been to this one, and he despises dinner dates w/ kid in tow. and if you were to ask him, he would probably tell you his biggest sacrifice during the duration of this pregnancy has been he has forgone steak meals b/c I can't eat rare meats. 
  • @batmama31 You just gave me a great idea for my DHs bday (it’s on the 18th). He loves my burgers but I’ve had an aversion to ground beef throughout this pregnancy. I’ll see if he would rather I make him one at home or if he’d rather we go out. Either way I feel like I can either figure out a meal out with GD or suck it up and make him a burger for his bday. Maybe go see Captain Marval as well since it comes out next week.

Since it’s on a Monday, hopefully my mom shouldn’t have an issue watching DD but I’ll double check on that today. 

I feel like this is doable budget and effort/energy wise but will still make him happy. 

✔️
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• I think I got literally an hour of sleep last night. Between insomnia, severe nasal congestion, SPD and hip pain, and a weather related migraine I just couldn’t get comfortable. I wish I had my new recliner to sleep in but it’s been delayed 4 months now. We ordered new furniture the beginning of November, and apparently the factory that makes the recliner had a bad fire. So every month I call the furniture store and they push it back another month. I’m annoyed at this point because a) I picked this recliner with pregancy and nursing the new babe in mind. b) I have to call them for updates (I feel like if there are additional delays they should call
    me) and c) they haven’t even offered anything for my troubles. And this is a very nice furniture store. End of rant 
  • @blueberrymomma that's SUPER frustrating.

• @blueberrymomma at that point, I'd find a different chair.
  • @blueberrymomma I had a very similar experience when we bought our new couches when we bought our house!  They kept pushing the time further back and further back and I only knew because I'd call to confirm the delivery date (that I needed to book off work so I could be home) and they'd tell me it wasn't ready.  Why should I be calling you?!  We ended up with an empty family room at our house warming!  Everyone sat on folding chairs or the floor haha!   
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @blueberrymomma, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. yeah, I'm w/ @mrstmoose, I'd just demand a refund and get a chair somewhere else.
  • We have cleaning ladies who come every other Monday. It is seriously the best money ever spent. I felt like all I did was work all week and clean and do laundry all weekend. Now I feel like I have my weekends back!

I have probably have 19 work days left after today because of Spring Break. I am a little worried how I will do after Spring Break though. Coming back after a week off my just about kill me. My doc told me that she would write me off when I am ready but I hate to waste days when baby isn't here. Hopefully I can make it! 
  • @jayhawkmom4 I too have 19 work days before Spring Break, but I will probably come back for at least two weeks after  :(
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • @blueberrymomma - For DDs 2nd bday I bought her a playhouse on Amazon and they had to freight deliver it so someone had to be home. I stayed home all day 4 days before her bday and it didn't come. Then it got delayed twice. I was 6 weeks pregnant (with this new LO) and I kept having to call and it was HORRIBLE. But Amazon customer service is pretty awesome and for a $300 play house they ended up giving me ~200 in credit so I only paid 100 for it but it was like 2 weeks late. 

• @kyashley1227 HE is absolutely precious! Look at him growing so big! Keep going little man!