Infertility
Options

Feb 2019 FET

Re: Feb 2019 FET

• Options
    aconklin214aconklin214 member
    edited February 2019
    @char245 it really is. It was a perfect blast, 5AA, my RE said they don't get any better looking then the one we just implanted. We have one left, a 5BB but now I'm wondering if we should just do another ER to have more then one to implant. I wanted to do both this FET but my RE talked me out of it. Now I can't help but wonder if I had done both, if this would have worked. 

Maybe we will both get lucky and we just had late implants ♡
  • Options
    @aconklin214 it’s so hard to know what to do or why things work sometimes and not others. I don’t know about you but I try to leave some up to science and then some up to god or the universe. I just keep telling myself that once we have our next baby I’ll know why this all took so damn long!!
    I’ll keep praying we both had late implanters!  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aconklin214 don't count yourself out yet either, you maybe did have a late implanter. I will keep praying and thinking of you guys till Beta, hang in there this journey is not for the faint of heart and can be so tough sometimes. I know many women refuse to do HPT before a beta because it will show negative and cause disappointment when the beta test yields different results.

I should have also mentioned mine was actually a 6 day freeze so I am a day ahead of anyone who did a 5 day as it did not make it to bastocyste (no clue on spelling of that) stage by day 5. And it was also what my clinic calls a grade 3 which is how they grade embryos and the lowest grade. They actually asked me after my final embryo report if I wanted to even keep it since I only had one and it was the poorest grade. I still have a ways to go I realize, but I say this all to encourage you not rule out your lower grade embryo yet. I have seen a lot of success stories with embryos of all grades, but yours did look perfect and I can understand how disappointing that would be if it does not stick. 

**bfp & child warning***

IVF #1 - September 2012 = CP - BFN
    FET #1 - November 2012 = BFP!!!!
    DS - Born July 2013
    FET #2 - January 2015 = BFP!!!!!
    DS - Born September 2016
    IVF #2 - prep in progress, retrieval date November 2018
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

AFM, beta was a negative today. I’m am still praying for all of you!!!!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I’m so sorry! This process is just so hard!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I am so sorry. Everything about this process sucks so bad 😭
  • Options
    TW *Just lurking from the other side of this journey as my baby is two month now* 

Hang in there girls! I had 3 unsuccessful transfers and my last lowest graded embie is now my little boy. I wanted to quit and give up. It scares me now that I almost did not want to transfer him and wanted to just do retrieval all over again. My RE talked me into transferring him as a day 6 BB blast. I had perfect day 5 grade A blasts that either ended in CP or did not work at all. 
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 am so sorry, sending you loads of love and good wishes for whatever you decide in the future.
    Be kind to yourself and indulge in anything you want to! I know the pain and its like nothing else but yes we shall all have our silver lining sooner rather than later, Praying for u!
    @aconklin214 @char245 My hopes are on for you! I read plenty of stories like yours ending up in positive Beta(s)
    Praying and wishing for u!
    @italianmommy8 @hchill0209 all the best for this cycle!! Sending out sticky vibes to you all
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I am so sorry, infertility just sucks and this journey can be so heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers with you and wishing you all the best as you continue onto whatever is next for you guys. Thank you for your kindness during such a tough time for yourself. 

**bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • Options
    I have just started on my progesterone suppositories and tablets, tell me ladies do you really feel tired and worn out post taking them... am like all out! think will simply fall asleep sitting... 
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel at first I did notice some side effects, maybe not as strong as you are. However, I’ve either just gotten used to it or the effects have lessened. Hopefully you’ll adjust soon!
    AFM still negative, however if I stare at it like a magic eye I can start to see a line lol.
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel I started progesterone in oil injections yesterday, and I have been super tired since!  I never take naps, and I had to lay down yesterday after work.  My RE said I had to do the injections in the morning, so I am now tired all day.  I also have to do these intramuscular injections to myself because my husband is a fireman and isn't home many mornings.  It didn't help that my power was out yesterday morning and I had to do my first injection using the flashlight on my phone haha!  Todays injection was way easier.  Let me know how your transfer goes 20th!

Also, I am so sorry for those going through the tough times right now.  My thoughts are with you!
  • Options
    @ceriley1haha I have no idea how you did that with just a phone flash light?! I’ve only had to do one for myself and the way I had to twist my body was nearly impossible lol.
  • Options
    I spoke to my REs office this morning after another BFN. They are in agreement that this is most likely a failed transfer. I will still have bloodwork on Monday to confirm. Once AF returns I'll start BC again, and prepare to transfer our last blast in April (which I found out today is a 6BB, not 5BB as I thought). I handled the entire phone call surprisingly well, but I am sure the breakdown is coming. **TW** after 4 losses, a DX of poor egg quality, and a 10% chance of getting even one good blast, I went into this extremely guarded and half expected this outcome.  I'm praying my next blast ends in a BFP. This entire process sucks and the emotional rollercoaster I live on is even worse. Good luck girls. I pray for BFPs and healthy pregnancies for all of you ♡♡
  • Options
    @aconklin214 I’m sorry, this whole thing is really hard! This was our only embryo so we are most likely going to try an adopted embryo next. Hopefully I’ll be able to join you in April for that. 
  • Options
    @ceriley1 God !!Girl u take the award for putting in a PIO with ur mobile light..couldnt imagine myself doing it properly😆
    @aconklin214 this really feels unfair..i know the drill...Loads of love for u to keep u moving forward on this uphill journey. As i said earlier post the failure last time in 2017 it took me this much time to bounce back with adopted eggs.
    AFM..taking those yucky progesterone suppositories and having such awful lot of CM ...argghh!!
    So disgusting down there😶😶
  • Options
    Hi everyone! On day 3 of my PIO injections and doing 4mg Estrace daily and a craploacr of vitamins, had a successful fresh ET Oct 2016 (son is 20 months old, born 1 month early) and now doing frozen ET this week on 2/20 with 2 day 6 Frozen embryos. Difference this time is the doctor is having me do the PIO injections in the morning, not sure why. Last ultrasound was Thursday. Going for last bloodwork tomorrow, and hopefully everything looks good for Wednesday transfer, so anxious! Wish he luck! I hope everyone is staying positive in their journies! Will post updates.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @aconklin214 thinking of you today as you get your Beta. This journey is just so hard and unfair sometimes. I will keep praying for you that if this one didn't stick the next one does for sure and is meant to be your little babe. I always found it reassuring even during the disappointment to keep moving forward with a plan. 

@waitingformyangel I found that after a few days of PIO with the estrace I felt more more evened out hormonally and it got better but for those first few days I was super tired as well. 

@ericandmaria welcome to this group, so excited to have you join us! I am also doing PIO in the morning, in my previous FET's I always did it in the evening but they switched it up. My doctor informed me this is so you had a dose prior to transfer and my clinic moved to this not too long ago. Good luck this week, sending lots of baby dust and positive vibes your way for a successful transfer. 

I went in for my first beta today at 8am, so my clinic will call with the results this afternoon. Not sure how I am expected to be productive at work today waiting for the results but I will try to stay busy.  I continue to POAS each morning and the line is getting darker my symptoms seem to also be getting stronger so hopefully it's a good strong first beta, staying positive and praying hard for good news. 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • Options
    @faithhopeinlove FX for a great beta!!!
  • Options
    Beta was negative. Officially out. Good luck ladies
  • Options
    @aconklin214 I’m so sorry, that sucks! That’s the news I’m siren I’ll be hearing tomorrow:(
  • Options
    Beta results below

We are officially pregnant, which is just the best feeling and news ever!

Beta was 269 and I go in again on Wednesday to make sure it's doubling. I thank all you ladies so much for your support, prayers and well wishes. This is just such a tough journey and it helps to have others who can relate to what you are going through. I pray that everyone gets to experience a BFP and have a healthy/happy baby in their arms soon. 

**bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 congratulations!!! So excited for you!!! Woohoo!!
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 congrats!! That’s so exciting!
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 congratulations!!!!!😍😍😍
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 heartiest congratulations!!  <3<3<3
    @aconklin214 am so sorry dear, been in your shoes, know how crap that feels, My prayers are on for u for whatever u decide next....
    AFM my big transfer day is tomorrow! very excited and nervous!
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel good luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel best of luck to you tomorrow! 
    @aconklin214 I am so sorry, the entire process is so very hard.  I will keep praying for you for your April transfer that all goes well and that next blast ends in a BFP and a healthy pregnancy for you <3
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel my transfer day is tomorrow as well, wishing you luck and baby love!!
  • Options
    @waitingformyangel and @ericandmaria good luck on your transfers tomorrow!! Get lots of rest after! Baby dust!!
  • Options
    @faithhopelove01 congrats 😁😁 FX your beta continues to double. 

@waitingformyangel and @ericandmaria GL tomorrow. Baby dust ♡
  • Options
    @ceriley1 I hope things went well for you today! I just had my first FET today as well with one 5 day embryo. 
    I’m new here but am so glad I found this post as it’s nice to see other people experiencing the same things that I am. Good luck to everyone this month! 
    We will have our first beta test on 2/28 and it can’t come quick enough haha. Can I ask you ladies what the different levels or numbers mean in the beta test. I just read that some people have lower numbers than other but it’s still a positive. Just curious about what i should expect. 
  • Options
    @ceriley1 I hope things went well for you today! I just had my first FET today as well with one 5 day embryo. I’m new here but am so glad I found this post as it’s nice to see other people experiencing the same things that I am. Good luck to everyone this month! We will have our first beta test on 2/28 and it can’t come quick enough haha. Can I ask you ladies what the different levels or numbers mean in the beta test. I just read that some people have lower numbers than other but it’s still a positive. Just curious about what i should expect.
  • Options
    @Knottie50993788 Welcome! I agree, it is so nice being able to connect with ladies going through this tough process. My transfer today went amazing.  It all seemed to happen so fast, and I am very excited and nervous at the same time.  I am jealous of your 2/28 beta, mine isn't until 3/4.  This waiting period is going to be very tough.  Luckily my husband is an optimist and puts my mind at ease, or he at least tries to.  I have been instructed to do bedrest for the next couple days...so now I wait.  I hope you have a very relaxing and stress free wait!  Also, I am not sure how accurate this is, but I found this beta reference table

I am curious, did any of you ladies do any of the transfer superstitions (ex. McDonald's Fries, etc.)  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Anyone else waiting for beta 2/25? Have you had luck doing an HPT prior or is it pointless?
  • Options
    @ceriley1 I was told by my doctor that anything over 10 units is considered a positive pregnancy test. They do tests 9DPT. 
  • Options
    @gingerheadgirl I say don't do the HPT, it night make you more anxious before the first doctor's tear, good luck!
  • Options
    @ceriley1 my beta isn't until 3/4 either :( but my transfer if today, I didn't know about any superstitions, did you do any of them?
  • Options
    Knottie50993788 welcome and so glad to hear your transfer went well today. I think the beta chart is a good reference but Betas can be all over the board. Many doctors state it has more to do with how your beta is rising. My doctor said they want to see at least a 50% rise in 48 hours. 

@ericandmaria good luck today, lots of baby dust your way! 

@ceriley1 so glad your transfer went amazing! It always helps when the process goes so smoothly. I did do all the superstitious stuff, not McDonalds fries but I did eat pineapple core, walnuts, drink/eat room temperature or warm things the first few days, kept my feet warm with socks. I figure none of it can hurt. 

gingerheadgirl I tested early with HPT, I had my transfer on 2/7 and got a positive HPT at 7dpt and then I kept testing till beta to see if the line got darker. I always test early, for me it has to do with having that control over the news and preparing myself,. I was also very anxious and the 2ww is very hard because you read into everything. Some days I would feel nothing other days I would feel pregnant so testing early on my own put my mind at ease. 

Thinking of you all entering this 2ww, it's a tough time but I think trying to find ways to relax, take care of yourself and keep busy is best and stay away from google :)

I went in for my 2nd Beta this morning, I am keeping my FX and sending up lots of prayers and staying hopeful that my beta is doubling. 
    **bfp & child warning***

DS - Born July 2013
    DS - Born September 2016