August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday!

2»

Re: UO Thursday!

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2019
    @agpandme What does it mean? 

Okay I have more; Mos Def, Nas, J. Cole, Lauryn Hill > Post Malone, Kendrick Subpar, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Lil Baby, and whatever other shit rapper you kids are listening to. 

People who can't sing shouldn't sing. And your baby is not 24 months old. He is 2 years old. Get used to it. 

@hey_clever_girl“By far the worst thing we do to males — by making them feel they have to be hard, is that we leave them with very fragile egos.” ~Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake Stay Sexy Don't Get Murdered. Its a slogan of a popular podcast called "My favorite Murder".  They often talk about Toxic Masculinity. 

• Loading the player...
  • @agpandme @suzycupcake I had to Google What SSDGM meant 😂😂😂 I tried to get into My Favorite Murder and just couldn’t. I did get into Sword & Scale for a while but DAMN that one covers some horrifying stuff
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Allycat11 said:
    While for many things I do prefer expensive make up brands, I have not find a good mascara that I like more than my Cover Girl one. 

I could not care less if people circumcise or not. Same goes for anything else that has no effect on my family, cosleeping, breast vs. Formula, cloth vs. Disposables, etc...

It drives me crazy when people are gluten free by choice and make a HUGE deal about it. 
    @Allycat11 YES to the bolded. I have three coworkers who are GF by choice, which is totally fine. IDGAF what kind of diet you choose. But I probably hear about it like, weekly. YOU HAVE WORKED HERE FOR FOUR YEARS. I GET IT. 

I used to be a vegetarian and I never made a big deal about it. I never asked for special meals, just simply planned ahead for meals out. I'm not sure why it's so hard for others to do the same!
  • @lilmamabebe3 I worked for a woman who was gluten-free by choice and she would pitch the biggest shit fits if she suspected there was gluten in her food. She was such a pain in the ass
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @suzycupcake - LOVE her, and absolutely all the Yes'es to that comment. And yes to the "months" ages.

After 18 months, DD was "almost 2" until she was 2.5. It drives me nuts. You can use weeks for like the first 2 months. Then half months until 4 months ... then it's just months, then half years. NO ONE WANTS TO DO MATH, LISA.

Same with pregnancy. For the layman, I say a months estimate. Drives me INSANE when people say they're 9 months when they're 35 or 36 weeks. Not according to the Julian calendar, lady. 39-40 weeks is 9 months. Take a peek: you're 9 months within a week of being full term, not earlier. Quarters are broken up in 13 week intervals (give or take a day or two), hence 13x4=52 weeks. #accountingnerd
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• One of my cousins is gluten free by choice and will not let anyone forget it. At Thanksgiving every year there are 40 some people and if it is at her parents house she insists that there is an entire separate serving TABLE with the GF foods. If you want anything from that table you can not visit the other table first and if you want seconds you are required to get a clean plate first. She is also the only person I know who insists she is allergic to turkey....but not chicken or any other meat. When Thanksgiving is at anyone elses house she just does not eat anything and very loudly talks about how everything is cross contaminated and she cant eat a single thing. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 same. Other than not drinking I didn't change anything.
  • @wabash15 (and @Allycat11) - PREACH, my exact thoughts!! If your dietary restrictions are self-imposed (v. actual allergy or intolerance), fix your own shit.

Same about pregnancy foods/drinks. Aside from alcohol (though I will indulge in a 4 oz glass of champagne or a few ounces of beer every now and then) abstinence, I don't change what I eat. I do try to stick to California rolls or Tempura rolls with sushi, but won't hesitate to eat some outwardly seared Ahi tuna that is mid-rare. I trust JJ's and some of the "fresher" delis' meats more than others: I think the daily slicing of the meat and cleaning of the meat slicer reduces the chance of listeria than say pre-packed sandwich meats or places like Subway, where I've seen it come out of a package. Though, I do tend to prefer JJ's tuna salad ... Vito is my second fave. It was my first meal after delivering DD. Yum!!!!
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I’m the opposite of a lot of you, and I don’t eat anything that is on the list of not recommended foods. My OB even recently told me that she ate Subway throughout her pregnancy, and while technically she had to tell me not to eat because there is a chance I could get listeria, the likelihood is so small it’s probably fine. I just can’t bring myself to do it, even when all I want is a turkey sub. I’m too anxious in general, and already worry, so I would drive myself crazy with the “what ifs”. I think if I had a mirror into my belly I could do it, but I’m just too paranoid. So jealous of you ladies and your sandwiches though!!  Last pregnancy I had my sister get me a turkey sub and ate it while they were measuring DD right after I delivered.  It was heaven. 

• @database6 I’m also really strict with the do not eat list, which is pretty easy because I don’t really like hot dogs, deli sandwiches, or sushi. But last night DH stopped on the way home for a turkey sub (the kids and I had dinner out earlier) and it looked SO GOOD. 

I guess I only want it because I can’t have it. 
  • Welp, it’s official— I’m getting jimmy johns tonight. Thanks for the craving ladies ;)