August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday!

I am swerving out of my lane but it's 2pm and I haven't seen this started yet.

Unpopular opinions please!

Re: UO Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • @lilmamabebe3 wait, define "drugstore" makeup? Like Maybelline/Cover Girl/etc.?
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @lilmamabebe3 wait, define "drugstore" makeup? Like Maybelline/Cover Girl/etc.?
    I think dugstore encompasses a lot, but in particular I mean the really terrible stuff--maybelline, cover girl, etc. because it's just so bad for your skin and there is "high-end" makeup that is typically the same price range and just so much better. Take care of yo skin!
  • @hey_clever_girl omg saaaaame! There are so many reasons that people don't talk about that it is such a personal decision. 
  • @lilmamabebe3 I almost never wear makeup so I was curious, ahahaha! My favorite makeup I've ever had was Bare Minerals. I can't stand liquid foundation & I liked that the Bare Minerals didn't make my skin feel like it was suffocating. And re: circumcision, I understand why some people are against it... but like, it's your kid. It's your choice. Leave me & my kid's weiner out of it. 

• I love some drug stores brands, but agree that typically the higher end stuff works better. 

Im lame and can’t think of my own UO right now...will come back when I think of one. 

• @lilmamabebe3 I wear makeup literally 1-2 times a year. So I typically buy e.l.f because I can't justify anything more expensive than that for only a couple hours a year. If I wore it more I'd have to get something higher end at least for the eyes because my eyes are crazy sensitive.
  • @lilmamabebe3 I ran out of my eyebrow pencil and didn't want to drive to sephora and needed something asap, I picked up an Almay one from the grocery store and I looked like a clown. As with most things, you get what you pay for.  
  • @oklahomak "intactivists," apparently!

@MamaK225 I. AGREE. Like, can we stop being ridonkulously extra?! 

• @lilmamabebe3 🙈 I’ve only ever bought cover girl makeup. But I don’t wear much, just eyeliner and mascara mostly, so I didn’t think the brand mattered all that much unless I was going crazy with foundation and contouring and all that stuff I never do.
  • There are no amount of makeup reviews that will make drugstore makeup acceptable after high school.
    @lilmamabebe3 girrrrl, you haven't seen my lashes after I coat them in my Maybelline Define-A-Lash! 
  • But @wabash15, I don't know what I would've done without gummy bears after nap time in kindergarten. Like, they saved me. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @MamaK225 We live in a very multi-cultural area, so the daycare policy is to celebrate no holidays. And I Love It. I know it won't be the same in public school.
  • Milk doesn't do the body good.
  • I skew towards expensive makeup and skincare (Drunk Elephant for serums, Bobbi Brown for foundation, Urban Decay for eye shadow, NARS for mascara, Benefit for brow care) (I'm not fancy though, my look is mainly "goth hobo who also hikes a lot"), but there are a couple of holy grail items for which I'm DIE HARD DRUG STORE. As a daily dramatic-eyeliner-wearer, I can say with authority that the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Crayon is hands-down the best. I've tried the famous Stila liquid one, I've tried Dior, but only the $6ish CVS solution will do! 
  • @suzycupcake aren't women more likely to seek help than men? I think there's so much more to it than just men are violent. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Never said men are just violent @sourlemon. I said it's men plus violence and not mental illness. My opinion. Most men aren't mass shooters ;)
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• But @sourlemon I should say that I'm not the only one with that opinion. Hey though, women take 40% of the poisonings so they aren't innocent either! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I misread your comment slightly. Yes you said men plus violence. But the intent of my reply doesn't change. Women seek help more often and get treated for mental illness. There's also such a stigma of mental illness that men are more reluctant to reach out for help. Of course both genders face the same stigma but men seem to care more about it *in my experience. Also the ages that mental illness starts affecting men and women is different. For example schizophrenia strikes men at a younger age (which also falls in with the age group of many mass shooters) than women. Maybe the men, who are too afraid/proud/ashamed/just don't know how to reach out just don't know how to handle things and act out (im trying to say this better but my 2yo is screaming at me and my 4yo is being a pita). Meanwhile, mentally I'll women, who are slightly older and know how to seek help, do so, instead of acting out. 

I'm not denying that most mass shooters are men. Violent men that probably do have legitimate mental illness issues. But I do believe that mental illness plays a huge role in it. Also, not all mental illness is what we typically think of. Most serial killers were narcissistic. 

• @suzycupcake I totally agree. @sourlemon of course other things may come into play. However, I think it’s fair to point out that every other country in the world also has men that deal with mental illness, at the same ages men in America do, yet they are NOT suffering from repeated mass shootings. The logic just doesn’t hold up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2019
    @sourlemon I get what you're saying but I don't agree. This is a great article if you're interested https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/17/gun-violence-masculinity-216321 I Lol'ed at your parenthesis :D I'm not sure though that the 35 years, no mental illness diagnosis part is true, have to fact check that. But, there are many people with mental illness who don't become mass shooters and like olivemomma said, what of other countries? 

It's my belief that NPD and ASPD aren't mental illnesses. Not sure if that's what you were saying at the end. Hard to tell. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• My other UO; Due dates are not based on anything factual other than an outdated Math problem some old dude came up with a long time ago. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I agree that mental illness doesn't explain it all...but I'll always believe it's part of it. And yeah, narcissistic personality disorder I think is a mental illness. We can agree to disagree on all of that though. I probably have some weird opinions on mass shootings because DH survived one (VT) and my elementary school had a shooting (domestic violence) while I was there.  We don't talk about it in our house because DH has some PTSD around it.

Now my older one is doing yoga and the 2yo is playing the drums. I just can't win today. Also, not a UO, just advice...don't buy your kids drums! It may seem awesome but it sucks. And of course they love it! Well shit now she grabbed a recorder! 

• @sourlemon. Good luck!! I know a number of people who understood the no drum logic, but then had a family member buy a set for their kids.

I love my family but if anyone bought my sons drums I might have to disown them.
  • @suzycupcake I completely agree. The way we raise boys in this country is the problem. Not mental illness. 
  • @suzycupcake toxic masculinityyyyyyyyyyyyy

• I’ll have to respectfully disagree on the makeup situation. I don’t wear that much, and I can’t justify spending a lot of money on it. If I ever used good makeup I’d probably be hooked. 

Weiner whacking, on the other hand, is totally the parent’s business only. And there’s memes?!? What kind of sick person is making weiner whacking memes??

My unpopular opinion is that I hate all politics/politicians equally. I think career politicians are way out of touch with how the average American lives. I think they are all self-serving and will say whatever to get elected. 
  • @MamaK225 Yes to the term limits! Hot Mess Express in the Land of the Shutdown. I feel like that needs to be on a bumper sticker. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake toxic masculinityyyyyyyyyyyyy
     SSDGM