August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday 1/10

2»

Re: UO Thursday 1/10

• MamaK225 said:
    @suzycupcake - Agreed, although, I do put DD (a cute, chunky 2.5 y.o. with perpetual pigtails) in a pair of leopard leggings from time to time. I'd look like I was swallowed by a ravenous zebra if I tried  :lol:

Disregarding subject titles. Pregnancy is already hard enough when there's a variety of people going through it together, but feeling like you can't share or commiserate because some people showed up and derail the intentions of a group - picking a group that sends to be more active for more views or possibility of responses, but either off-topic or making others in the group feel uncomfortable. Huge bummer.

I don't understand what you're saying here..?
  • Loading the player...
  • My possibly UO... I think we need a weekly questions thread on this board like we had the weekly CS/Q thread in TTGP. I have questions that aren't limited to just FTMs or STMs but could be broader than just the weekly check-in thread so moms from other check-ins could also participate.
  • @cato99 I must have missed that thread!! But yes, having a general questions thread would be so helpful, I think!
  • My day-late UO: I hate pedicures! I’ve had like, three in my whole life and I don’t enjoy them. Stop touching my feet! 😖
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited January 2019
    @lilmamabebe3 - If you look in some of the other threads, you'll see posts in there that are way off-topic and some can cause major discomfort because people are coming in to post something relevant then veer way off course. Like going into a thread about food cravings and then going on a tangent about recurrent losses, it's very sad and we're all here to connect and have empathy, but there is a separate thread for that. And people going to the recurrent losses  are expecting those serious discussions and connections, not unsuspecting person who is now craving Hawaiian pizza for the first time ever. 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @hey_clever_girl - I also hate them, but pregnancy makes my skin shed/grow like crazy so I have to go every 3-4 weeks or else I'd sprout additional feet :D
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 @oklahomak YES but I was too scared to say anything hahaha. I don't know a single person in real life who has had one. Also I feel like a couple of years ago people had transitioned to say sex instead of gender but now people are back to saying gender (which I kind of get--a "sex reveal party" has a strange ring to it, even if you're on board with gender politics terminology).
  • I'm only having a sex reveal party because my friend is insistent on hosting it, otherwise, I wouldn't be bothered. The only thing my baby's genitalia will tell me is which name I'm choosing.

It's driving my Mom nuts, but even if it's a girl, I don't plan on dressing her in frilly things until she can vocalize and ask for it herself. Kids are messy and I don't see a point in spending a bunch of money on a fancy outfit they'll grow out of rapidly. 
  • @oklahomak we have a questions thread starting on Sundays

@hey_clever_girl I hate pedicures too!  I mean, I love the way my feet look after but they’re majorly jacked up from ingrown toenail surgery I had when I was little and all the running I do now. So I’m majorly self conscious and embarrassed 
  • Another UO on a Friday:
    That Justin Timberlake song from the Trolls movie is the most annoying song ever. “Cant Stop the Feeling” or whatever it’s called. In my pre-pregnancy days, I’d leave s bar if it came on.

With all of you anti-sex reveal party people. But not with you pedicure haters. Desperately need one and would get them every month if I could afford it! 

• I always hate that people call it gender reveal. Gender is a social construct. It’s sex. Our only reveal will just be something small with just us since we’re alone here and we can share the video with others. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I agree that gender / sex reveals as a whole are gross and stupid. They are even dumber if the parents know ahead of time. My least favorite that I ever seen was bullets or bows. So trashy. But I do think if your crowd is super tight and they want one then do you and you’re not harming anyone by revealing with your friends and family. The themes are more what annoy me.

@hey_clever_girl social justice snowflakes unite!!!

so this is weird. But I have nowhere else to share it. My mom and I did not have a great relationship. The last five years of her life we had zero relationship. After she died a lot of weird freaky shit started happening in my house. I’m talking dark, scary stuff. I involved a medium and we got it to stop. Since I’ve been pregnant, it’s been happening again. DS2 keeps saying he’s scared of (my mom’s first name). We know no one else with her first name. I’m having dreams about her almost every night. She met DS1 once when he was a week old and never knew about DS2 from me (she knew from my brothers but I didn’t speak to her). 

Im freaking out. I don’t want to deal with this shit while I’m pregnant and sick. Or at all. And you can side eye the hell out of me but I’m telling you, it’s physical scary stuff not just my mind being afraid. 
  • Aaaaaand I put this in the wrong thread. JFC.
  • @lilmamabebe3 Maybe we can move this to the randoms thread? I’m not side eyeing at all, actually very curious what sort of dark scary stuff has happened! I’m sorry that it’s genuinely freaking you out - I don’t blame you one bit! Could it help to contact a medium again?
  • I second @dogmomma096, I'm curious about what's going on too, @lilmamabebe3. Also, solidarity, because I too had a bad relationship with my mother. She died 7 years ago this past December.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @lilmamabebe3 - I NEED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS. I even looked in the Random thread and nothing. Did you post it elsewhere? I'm a huge believer/sympathizer with these sorts of things and would be happy to help you find out some easy, non-creepy ways to cleanse that energy. Mom relationships are super complicated; we don't need it coming from the Other Side, too!!
    **History in Spoiler**