April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 12/10-12/16

13»

Re: Symptoms 12/10-12/16

• Options
    @professormama @kangstadt don’t you know gin & tonics are the perfect boat drink because tonic’s quinine prevents malaria and lime prevents scurvy, and gin gets you drunk on a boat which is basically heaven? 

Tldr: yes, tonic includes quinine. 
  • Options
    I’ve started drinking water at night and as much as I hate getting up multiple times to pee... it’s SO worth it. I don’t wake up feeling dehydrated and awful. I had been drinking tons of water during the day and none at night, and I would wake up feeling nauseous, bloated, with a headache, etc. Now I’m waking up an extra time or two. Every time I wake up, I just take a few gulps from my water bottle. So thankfully this cleared up a couple of symptoms. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, quinine and pregnancy are not terribly well researched for obvious reasons, but the amount in tonic water is minimal compared to malaria treatment used in pregnant women so I've figured it's safe every now and then. But it does cross the placenta.

I agree with hydration as well @lilpotatomama! I drink water all night and have to pee 2-3 times but it's so worth it not to feel hungover every morning. I've discovered that over 24hrs I drink over a gallon a day!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Can I just say that, while I really do love being able to feel baby punch and kick, it is literally the ONLY thing I like about pregnancy. These aches and pains fucking suck and I'm not even that big yet. Sorry, I'm extra grumpy today.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 don't apologize. I think growing a life gives us all the right to bitch and be grumpy. Our body isn't our own anymore and it's not like we signed up for all these changes we are going through. Plus our every move is watched and judged by EVERYONE like us being pregnant suddenly gives people the right to say whatever they want. Some days this is a beautiful thing we are all going through but other days it just sucks. It's okay to not love every aspect of it. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Eeeek. I think I have a kidney stone.... last night and this afternoon I’ve experienced a sharp, stabbing a constant pain in my left abdomen. I was thinking it might be Braxton-Hicks but it’s only happening on my left side and constant for a couple of hours. 😭
  • Options
    I started getting pain in my sternum and ribs about five days ago and it hasn’t gotten any better. Looking online, and it sounds like it’s costochondritis — an inflammation of the ribs and connective tissue — probably caused by my expanding uterus. It is so painful, and from what I’m reading online, it sounds like it could last the rest of the pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced this? Any remedies? Tylenol doesn’t seem to help any.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I actually said to my DH today that i can't wait to have my body back, and not in the pre baby body sense but just that it functions properly again. Pregnancy ain't no pleasure cruise and i'm counting down till April.

Also we got caught in the rain today and now i can't stop coughing. Ugh. I don't have time to be sick. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks guys, you've definitely made me feel better!
  • Options
    One of my boobs leaked on my pillow last night! I woke up and was like "wtf? Again?" Rolled over and went back to sleep. I'm grateful to know things are developing along just fine but this symptom is gonna take some time to get use to.

• Options
    professormamaprofessormama member
    edited December 2018
    @phoenix92885 you can get disposable boob pads to wear, if you're okay sleeping in a tank top or bra. I hate sleeping with a bra, but right after baby comes it will be necessary anyway. Might be more comfortable even now than waking up in a puddle of colostrum. 
    eta: i like lanolish brand 
  • Options
    @professormama thanks. I didn't think I'd have to worry about leaking until the third trimester. Boyfriend is not gonna like the idea of me sleeping clothed but eventually he's just gonna have to deal. Lol. 

• Options
    My LO is normally very active when I lay down at night and when I get up in the morning but the past two days I haven’t really felt much... am I being totally paranoid? Is it still too early to worry about that? Or should I maybe call my OB? 
  • Options
    @frenchfrymama While I never think it's a bad idea to ask your OB, try not to worry! My LO's movements are still SO sporadic. Sometimes he/she is doing flips in there, I swear, but there are some nights where I don't feel all that much.