April 2019 Moms

Re: Symptoms 12/10-12/16

• Okay, so extra egg-white discharge is normal, right?  Just had a decent amount after my shower, and I know it's probably fine but my first thought was "oh, there's that mucus plug thing," and it made me worry for a second.  Anxiety brain....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I’ve been getting like episodes of like super discharge and then it slows down. Might have something to do with my water I take, but not sure. Also even if it was your mucus plug that sucker can regrow. (Cause that’s not weird at all....lol.)
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • kangstadt said:
    Okay, so extra egg-white discharge is normal, right?  Just had a decent amount after my shower, and I know it's probably fine but my first thought was "oh, there's that mucus plug thing," and it made me worry for a second.  Anxiety brain....
    Extra discharge is completely normal. I've had SO MUCH this pregnancy. Last time my MP was much...snottier.....than the remainder of my discharge. AND! The mucous plug can/will regenerate. So even if you lose it earlier than normal, it's not the end of the world. Try not to fret!
  • @kangstadt when I lost my mucus plug last time it was not white. Pretty much what @MRDCle said.

How is everyone else with back pain and sciatica? Because mine sucks. 
  • I don’t remember feeling like I’m carrying around a 50lb bowling ball in my pelvis until the very end last time. 

Damn that uterus is heavy. Thanks for nothing subpar abdominal/pelvic muscles. 

Also leg cramps have started. And I’m having the hardest time getting a somewhat comfortable position to sit in. Getting out of bed has become increasingly difficult and I feel like a turtle stuck on it back a lot of the time. But I have been feeling her tons. It’s like she finally got big enough or moved into a different position cause for the last 2 days she’s been rockin n rollin every couple of hours. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Thanks ladies.  Just had a momentary freakout because OF COURSE someone just the other day felt the need to tell me their story of a friend who delivered at 27 weeks, etc. etc.

@mrstmoose, mine has been awful.  I made a rice pack last night because I couldn't find mine and sat with it on my low back for half an hour.  It's feeling mildly better this morning, but I swear I don't understand mine at all - stretching makes it worse, exercising (yeah, I get that) makes it worse, it comes and goes in intensity, and I haven't gained more than five pounds so far so it's not strain on my back from actual baby weight yet, just weak/slippery tendons I guess.  But I fully sympathize.  It blows.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrstmoose I spend every night with my heating pad. 
  • I'm finding it increasingly difficult to sleep on my sides because the middle of my back aches when I do. Why? So I've switched to sleeping on my stomach. My mother slept on her stomach until 6 months; maybe I will too.
    I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow (woohoo!) and today was the first day I felt Poptart move above my belly button. I wish I had asked the tech at my last apointment exactly where my placenta is because I think that's why I still only feel my baby low. She told me it's above the baby's head, but she was transverse at the appointment so I wasn't exactly sure where that meant.
  • Dizziness in the morning, sciatic pain in the evening, and a new one for me is that when I get out of my car, my pelvic bone feels bruised and it hurts to walk. 
  • I didn't really have sore breasts early on, but they are absolutely killing me now. It hurts just wearing a bra, or sometimes even a shirt rubbing against them. Also, they're leaking. 
  • I’ve also had increased discharge. And for the first time, I’ve felt dizzy and off balance all day today! Anyone else?
  • ysotte said:
    Dizziness in the morning, sciatic pain in the evening, and a new one for me is that when I get out of my car, my pelvic bone feels bruised and it hurts to walk. 
    Yes same with the pelvic pain! I’m sorry this is happening to you but honestly glad I’m not the only one this early. It’s hard to walk in the grocery store or turning over in bed sometimes. 😢
    From what I read, it helps to keep your legs together as much as possible when getting out of the car, turning over etc to minimize pelvic strain. Also minimize stairs and try putting pants/shoes on while sitting down - putting weight on one leg is the main culprit. 
  • I pee. 10 minutes later, I have to pee. My theory is the kid is kicking my bladder. Stop it, child.

also, this is a new and wholly unwelcome symptom that maybe I never got to last time. It is so annoying.
  • @lyse01, I feel you.  I think I get up to pee a minimum of three times before actually going to bed every night.  I've definitely felt baby kicking what feels like my cervix, so I figure he may also be kicking my bladder down there too :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @florallimeade I read the same thing. I just need to remember all that so I can make it a habit, but I’m so forgetful currently that I have to leave myself sticky notes everywhere to remember things.
  • I'm honestly still sleeping on my stomach most days. Well, not totally. I sleep curled up with my snoogle, and I'm kind of in between laying on my side/laying fully on my stomach. So comfy, and I've never been good at sleeping on my sides. I wake up on my back most mornings.

I haven't been as out of breath this week, which is great. I was really struggling last week. I've had a lot of trouble getting in/out of the car and bed, and I get stiff and sore easily. No stomach troubles for about a month now, and I'm so grateful. 
  • Almost fainted while sitting at the table after breakfast. Thankfully DH was there and helped me get to the couch to lay down, but now he keeps looking at me like I’m seconds from death.
  • I've been using Biofreeze for my neck and back pain. The pain got to be too much so I asked my OB if it was safe. Biofreeze is safe for both mom and baby but other products like Icy Hot, have aspirin in them so they are no-nos. I've been having nosebleeds and crazy nipple pain still. I have to dress up like an Eskimo to keep my nipples from getting too cold or else they feel like they are dying and I want to chop them off. I thought I'd love being pregnant in the winter because I'm boiling all the time. The rest of me may appreciate the cold but these pregnancy boobs do not!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I’m randomly throwing up with no warning now. I thought it was just a random episode last night but it keeps happening. My cravings for meat are through the roof even though I’ve been on my iron supplements for awhile now. Also my nipples are so sensitive that when the water from the shower hit my left one this morning it felt like I got them pierced all over again. 
  • @ysotte I get the same pelvic pain at the end of the day. It’s usually after I’ve been walking a lot, which is every day now with swim practice I’m waking up and down the pool 100x a night. It’s weird it I don’t get that bruised/pain feeling after working out.

@kangstadt glad I’m not the only one peeing 3 or more times before I actually fall asleep. I swear this girl plays the drums on my bladder. 

• I've got a lot of discharge as well - so much so that I just wear pantiliners all day. I hate it! I don't have much in terms of pain/soreness luckily.....or I should I don't have it yet! But dear God, am I burping and farting like no one's business. My DH told me I was dropping bombs in my sleep. I think it's hilarious, but he gets grossed out if we fart around each other, so if it happens, it's by accident. I secretly smiled when he told me I was stinking him out of the bedroom. Sorry if that's too gross!
  • @rennie1108 my boyfriend and I have no shame. We just let it go. I joke with him all the time saying "What happened to the beginning of the relationship when bodily functions didn't exist?" But at the same time I'm the weird girlfriend that will bust into the bathroom and kiss him while hes pooping.

I tell everyone all the time that I'm doing one of the most womanly things a woman can do by carrying a baby, yet there isn't a single thing that is lady like about it. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @lilpotatomama I'm with ya!  It's like halfway between lying on my stomach and lying on my side with my leg up to support and a few pillows wedged in there.  I wake up on my back pretty often too!  My legs have been falling asleep when I'm totally on my side a few times so I figure my back is probably better than my side right now because nothing goes numb.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca yes, exactly!! I’ve been struggling with my legs falling asleep too 
  • @rennie1108 my boyfriend and I have no shame. We just let it go. I joke with him all the time saying "What happened to the beginning of the relationship when bodily functions didn't exist?" But at the same time I'm the weird girlfriend that will bust into the bathroom and kiss him while hes pooping.

I tell everyone all the time that I'm doing one of the most womanly things a woman can do by carrying a baby, yet there isn't a single thing that is lady like about it. 
    Haha yes! I love it!! Seriously I'd poop with the door open just so I could talk to DH, but he is MORTIFIED by things like that. He won't even pee with the door open. He wants privacy and shit, ugh!
  • This low back pain is killing me.  Also, still not 100% sure if I'm experiencing Braxton Hicks or babe just likes to push my uterus out, but it's really uncomfortable and happening a few times a day.  I'm definitely not a fan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Um yeah, sleep is a huge challenge this week. Whoever said they were waking up with a back ache every day - me too. For some reason my snoogle is NOT comfortable for me this pregnancy. I'm just sleeping with a pillow stuffed between my legs. 
  • Wake up to pee every night and then can’t get back to sleep for 1+ hour because I’m hungry and have to eat! I find it so tedious having to feed myself a zillion times a day as I’m not really into cooking or food prep and don’t have a huge appetite. 
    Also, my boobs have literally doubled in size and are starting to give me shoulder pain. I just look chubby instead of pregnant at 24 weeks because my boobs stick out just as much as my belly.  Wah!
    On the plus side, Baby is rummaging around on the daily and I even can see her little kicks from the outside sometimes now!
  • edited December 2018
    I'm also a natural tummy sleeper, so I have a weird configuration of pillows going on to still enable that somewhat. How do people sleep on their sides?? I honestly can't figure out how to do that without my arms going numb and my hips aching.

I woke up to a flat belly button this morning. Pretty sure that didn't happen til 3rd tri with DD.

I can really feel LO moving every day now, but every so often he has a calmer day.

Also, gawd, I've been an emotional MESS this week and I don't know how to rein that shit in. It sucks. I can feel myself being a human disaster but can't seem it get it under control.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Well i did not expect random projectile vomiting to make an appearance at this stage but that was what happened this morning. Now i have to deep clean my bathroom when i get home and do laundry. :(

I did clean but since we were all running out the door it was more of a wipe and less of a scrub.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• kristenhkkristenhk member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed with those having trouble sleeping on their sides... no matter what I can't seem to get comfortable.

Also that ride side pain/crazy feet and leg itchiness I've been having might be due to intrahepatic cholestasis??? My OB ran some liver function tests and my bile acids came back really elevated so they're doing a liver u/s and more bloodwork.  Didn't really have any clue what this was and she said it usually occurs much later in pregnancy so here's hoping I'm just having weird pregnancy symptoms. 
  • Plus one for pelvic pain over here. I don't remember this the first time around happening so early on, the pregnancy waddle has made an appearance because it can hurt to walk throughout the day. I don't know if it's a normal symptom or because I have started yoga on and off.

Also with those who are constantly feeling like they have to pee. I go to the bathroom and within two minutes baby will kick or push on my bladder and I feel like I have to go again. 

• Having having my anatomy scan today - they told me to drink 48-50 oz of fluids an hour before my appointment 😳😳  
  • @florallimeade whoa that's so much! I usually drink 32 but even Monday they told me to go pee because I was too full! Good luck!
  • @florallimeade that's way too much!!!  A normal pelvic ultrasound is 32 ounces an hour before the exam and pregnancy (especially halfway through) should be even less.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @florallimeade Whaaaa... my ob office just told me to make sure I had one or two cups of water in the waiting room, and they had me pee halfway through the scan anyway.

The fatigue is REAL today. I was out until 9pm last night (so late lol!), slept like a pregnant log, and can barely keep my head off my desk right now. All I want to do is go to bed (and snack).
  • @thatbaintforbetty I had projectile vomit this morning, too! Woot woot! Add the random horrible heartburn I woke up with and I'm a ball of f'n sunshine today. Plus it's 74 degrees in our lab today and I'm sweating profusely.
  • Just started just started getting pain in my sternum last night, like a muscle ache or bruised feeling. I’m 20w4d today. Could this be my uterus expanding / pushing organs upward into my ribs?
  • I’m really interested as to why y’all have been told to drink water before ultrasounds. I mean, I know WHY, but I wasn’t told to drink water before any of mine. I drank some anyway, but I can’t imagine having to hold in 40+ oz of water before an appointment. It seems so unreasonable. 
  • I went to a scan this week with a full bladder and they told me to go ahead to the bathroom before it started. 

On a separate note, the past few days I’ve had normal size meals and felt WAY too full for hours. Guess I should stock up on snacks again and learn to eat many small meals.