April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 12/10-12/16

Re: Symptoms 12/10-12/16

• Options
    I had a cup of coffee and a 20oz bottle of water an hour before mine and the tech had me pee 3 times because my bladder was too full. Lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, my office also told me to drink 32 ounces of water an hour and a half before my appointment.  It has something to do with seeing the baby better I think?  I only managed to drink about 20 ounces and luckily my appointment only took 30 minutes because with the tech pushing on my uterus I thought I was going to pee right on the table, hah.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ob office had me pee before the anatomy scan, they said they wanted an empty bladder! 
  • Options
    I only had to drink 16oz. of water before my 12w NT scan at the OB’s office and nothing before 16w and 20w anatomy scans — both of which were at a MFM clinic. I wonder if it has to do with the quality of the sonogram machines?
  • Options
    I only had to drink 16oz. of water before my 12w NT scan at the OB’s office and nothing before 16w and 20w anatomy scans — both of which were at a MFM clinic. I wonder if it has to do with the quality of the sonogram machines?
    Pretty much same thing for me, including me wondering the question. But they used the same sonogram machine for both exams though, so I figured the baby was just big enough the second time round that they didn't worry about it being too far into the pelvis (hence, desiring a full bladder?). Still, this was a fancier sonogram machine than the ones that my obgyn used for other quick checks early on.

I drank slightly more than usual the morning of my anatomy scan just in case, but neither the technician nor the doctor said anything about the state of my bladder.
  • Options
    They told me to have a full bladder for my a/s with DD, and I ended up having to go to the bathroom several times during the scan. This time they did not, but it's a different office. I assumed it was because DD was six years ago & maybe recommendations had changed/ultrasound tech was better. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    At my scan the tech told me the full bladder is so they can see and measure the cervix more clearly.  Once they get the cervical measurement they'll let you pee if you're full (or should!!!)  When you're not pregnant you drink water for a pelvic ultrasound to kind of move some other organs out of the way.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Last night I had heartburn from hell that woke me up at like 2am. I had to give in and take some zantec. Laying on my left side can be uncomfortable even though it relieves some of the heartburn. I'm more comfortable on my right. And of course my LO thought it was time to party so it took forever to fall back asleep. I see a nap or two in my future today. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama I agree! I think I had to drink 32 oz and then they said my bladder was too full!
  • Options
    I'm falling asleep at my desk.  I'm chilly today but I know if I put my sweater on I'll be too comfy and there will be no saving me then.  My old firm had a "quiet room" with a nice big couch and big pillows were we'd go for little breaks.  I could go for a quick nap right about now.
  • Options
    I’ve never been asked to drink water before an ultrasound either. 

Also dealing with a lot of heartburn and trouble sleeping. And peeing about five times before I can fall asleep. 

I just started getting the plugged up feeling in my ear that I got when pregnant with DD, though much earlier with her. As far as I know it’s just from all the blood volume and sometimes my ears feel like they’re full of water and I can’t hear well out of them. Not a big deal, but annoying. 
  • Options
    I have that too @hgrich!  My right ear keeps plugging like there's water in it!  SO annoying.
  • Options
    I keep getting this sharp sporadic pain but only on the right side, kinda around where the ovary is. No idea what the hell it could be but it's really annoying the hell out of me today.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @HGRich, I hate that feeling.  I've definitely been more congested this pregnancy, and since I have issues with my ears/sinuses on a good day, it's really irritating to have additional congestion.

@thatbaintforbetty, that's where I had pain that I think was hernia related.  Directly to the right and a little down from my belly button.  It hasn't flared up recently, but my belly button is officially an outie now....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I had that on my left side for a couple of weeks. They couldn't find anything wrong, but at times I couldn't even sleep, the pain was so bad. It was strange. It's pretty much gone now, but so so weird and unnerving. Know that you're not alone, though!

@HGRich I had THE worst heartburn yesterday. It was so bad I projectile vomited, which was lovely. My midwife said that if it continues that she'll call me in some meds. I think heartburn is one of the the worst symptoms, so if I get it even one more day, I'm on the meds, I don't even care.
  • Options
    @HGRich and @Rennie1108 omg my reflux/heartburn last pregnancy was for sure the worse symptom. I would wake up MOTN almost spitting acid and go to the bathroom to barf until I peed myself. NOT looking forward to that coming back.

• Options
    @rennie1108 oh no, that’s so annoying. With DD I spent the last three months of pregnancy sleeping almost completely upright because of heartburn/reflux. I agree, it was worse than morning sickness for me. Zantac barely touched it and I was careful with what I ate but it was so horrible. This time hasn’t been as bad and I’m crossing my fingers it won’t be. 
    On the other hand, the wives tale about heartburn equaling lots of hair on baby was true. DD had a ton of hair. This kid may be bald. Lol. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt I don't think it's a hernia, but who knows. It's super random and seems to be tapering off.

@rennie1108 It's super no fun. I'm sorry we are in the random awful pain club.

I had heartburn really bad in the beginning but it seems to have almost disappeared. I am not complaining though! Seriously heartburn is awful, and i had it constantly with DD. @HGRich The old wives tale actually has some scientific backing, it has to do with the enzymes for hair growth i think. DD came out with a full head of hair, and everybody that saw us commented on it. It actually helped us name her, lol.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @mermaidca @HGRich it didn’t even occur to me that the plugged ears were related to pregnancy! I’ve had them on and off for weeks. Now that you mention it as a symptom it totally makes sense. How annoying though... 
  • Options
    Okay fellow mamas suffering from hip/low back/sciatic pain... any suggestions for positions to sit/sleep in that help?  Or any particularly stretches or yoga moves that give any relief for you?  This week has been killing me to the point where carrying my backpack or DS makes me want to cry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt no real suggestions, but using a tennis ball on my hips and lower back has felt really good
  • Options
    @kangstadt for me, avoiding sitting Indian style on the floor has helped my back recover (alas, because it really is good for changing diapers/stretching). Something about having my legs turned out and then folding/twisting my torso is mimicking a twist and lift motion that probably injured it in the first place, so I’m babying it. 

Sitting into the corner of the couch, or directly up to the table without placing a coffee cup to the side, has kept my back supported and stable. As for sleeping, I’m a fan of side rolling onto stomach with one knee out to prop me up, or straight up sleeping on my back.
  • Options
    This baby has been laying transverse & super low for two days ..bouncing off my hips and making everything painful in my pelvic area. He finalllllly moved this morning! Sweet relief.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @fuzzywombat, I'm definitely going to break out the foam roller/lacrosse ball today and see if it helps.  Thanks for the reminder!

@lyse01, ugh, yes, sitting cross legged or butterfly definitely seems to aggravate it.  Which makes it hard when I'm demonstrating stretches for my kids.  I'm wondering if mine is more of a muscle/tendon issue rather than true sciatica, because it definitely seems to be specific spots in my glutes/low back.  My hips are achy just in general.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’ve found that gentle hip opener stretches/yoga before bed have been helpful, as well as cramming a pillow between my knees when I sleep. My legs and back get shooting pains and/or numb and tingly if I lay on my side without a knee pillow for too long.

Generally, my muscles have felt like wet noodles this trimester, and I know it’s just a matter of time until I tweak something and get really uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @kangstadt I've been having those same pains for weeks now. Last night I finally slept for 6 hours straight (went to bed at 9, woke up at 11 and 12 to go to the bathroom and then slept until 6). I had stretched before bed, had an ice pack in bed with me and took a unisom and Tylenol. It was glorious.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty and @mrstmoose What in the hell IS this pain? I'm getting it again today. I've also started to get constipated again, so I'm leaning towards that and/or gas. But it's sharp!
  • Options
    @rennie1108 mine is sciatic pain that is in my lower back, goes to my hip and radiates down my thigh. Mainly on my left side. This happened with my first pregnancy but not until after 30+ weeks. Apparently 18 weeks was the threshold with this pregnancy.
  • Options
    Oh....ok. Mine has gotta be different. I don't feel anything in my back or thigh. It's only in one tiny spot in my lower left abdomen. I'd say it's round ligament pain, but I think I'm having that on my right side and the RLP feels a lot different (less intense, more when I move or stretch).
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I had that like crazy last week, thought something was wrong but was either just really bad RLP or really bad gas  :D
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    I had a weird symptom last night that freaked me out—basically felt like baby was having a seizure for a full 2 seconds or so. Like when your muscles or eyes twitch, but in my stomach. Scared me but I was reading this is normal? Anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    I woke up to feeling like my pelvis is going to split in two. But only when sitting/laying/moving a certain way. 

And it really freaking hurts. Not like oh it’s uncomfortable but I can bear it but like change position NOW. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @sheepshepherdess I recall that happening twice with DD. Not yet for this one. Normal though. 
  • Options
    Holy heartburn hell ugh. I'm going to stab anyone who suggests to me again that means the baby will have hair. I had so much heartburn with DD and she was bald until 2
  • Options
    Holy heartburn hell ugh. I'm going to stab anyone who suggests to me again that means the baby will have hair. I had so much heartburn with DD and she was bald until 2
    My boyfriend and I have zero faith in wives tales. We listened to all the wives tales about gender and the were all flat out wrong. I wanna slap anyone that tells me my daughter is gonna have a lot of hair because it's the same people that had me convinced we were having a son. Lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yep, wives tales are just that... everyone kept telling me I must be having a girl this time around because this pregnancy is so much harder/worse than it was with DS.  Nope. I'm growing another penis.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Got the worst leg cramp / Charlie horse of my life last night. Literally was just crying in bed and it would not go away. Took magnesium this morning and praying I don’t get another tonight. 
  • Options
    @professormama I’ve been taking magnesium+calcium for over a week and haven’t had one since. Serious life saver! Tonic water is safe every now and then, but not routinely. Also had good luck downing some pickle juice in the middle of the night, but that might not be your thing!
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess wait - is tonic water the same as sparkling water? And does it contribute to cramps? Because I drink it constantly... 
  • Options
    kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited December 2018
    @professormama, I was just going to ask the same question because flavored seltzer water is like the only thing I can make myself drink lately....

ETA: tonic water apparently has quinine added to it which can potentially cause birth defects in large amounts.  Sparkling/seltzer water is just carbonated water and has no negative effects (except maybe making you burp more and feel bloated sometimes like it does for me :smile:).
    Pregnancy Ticker