Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/10

2»

Re: IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/10

• @AlohaKumu I love that!!! 

@celticknotfire waiting is definitely horrible—and the 2ww makes it worse! 

@zamora_spin I’m so glad everything went smoothly 
  • Loading the player...
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited December 2018
    @crookshanks10 Thinking if you these next 14 or so days! Fx <3

@zamora_spinI think cautious optimism is the perfect approach :) crossing everything for you. Did you end up watching any Parks and Rec?
  • I'm realizing now I never updated here about my appointment today!

All was good on the US. No cysts. They checked my vitamin D today since they forgot the first time. My results were dangerously close to requiring a prescription vitamin D. Just a smidge above so I'm ok to just take 6000 of vitamin D. Also began the letrozole. 5mg total I believe 

Midcycle US is scheduled for next week Thursday (20th). Things will hopefully work out with Christmas since they're closed that day. Normally O is CD17-19 and CD15 is Christmas. FX I don't O too early.

This leads me to my question... For those of you who have used letrozole, did it make you O earlier in your cycle and by how much?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kiki047 the board is so busy this week - but some people mentioned there is "too big" and they can not release after a period of time, and I also received a PM about this too. However -  I called my RE in a panic yesterday and they said they are a-okay with a follie around 30mm
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited December 2018
    @zamora_spin I only have three episodes left sooo.... 😈
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @inthewoods23 I hope the timing works out such that you don't need anything done on Christmas. Glad no cyst and that the vitD supplement should be enough for you :)
    @nitnat007 Oh man. That is a lot of very heavy information to discuss all at once. I was going to ask what YH's feelings are on everything but it sounds like he needs some time to process right night, which is totally understandable. I hope you're able to keep communicating well as you digest all of what you discussed with your RE <3
    We don't have a date yet, still waiting on the rest of all of our testing to come back before we sit down with her again.
    @chichiphin Yay +OPK!
    @kiki047 Thinking of you today with that follow up scan. I really hope it's nothing scary but glad YH will be there for support either way. Keep us posted.

I'm feeling frustrated because of scheduling for hubs' SA. There are so many detailed constraints that are making it really tough to schedule - timing of the sample (at least 3 days from last intercourse, no more than 5), appointment needed just to drop it off, no more than 2hrs after collection (hubs goes to work at 4:30am, hour long ride in to work, clinic doesn't open until 7:30am, etc). And the days that WOULD work for us are already "booked". Ugh.
  • @nitnat007 I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted but having a plan seems to help.  Good luck to YH with quitting smoking because I know it is not easy.
    @zamora_spin My clinic wants me to do a HPT after 15 days and call with the results.  Honestly I will be taking a HPT before 15 days because I am that weak.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @Swiftlet why can't clinics just be open 24/7?  :D

@celticknotfire yeah, good luck holding off! My LP isn't even that long, of course I'm gonna know before the 15 days are over, am I right? I need to check when they'll do the blood test after my IUI. I think it's 15 days too
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Diagnosis (if you've been):  Lupus

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO, 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  More testing, following up with a new obgyn. Not a great experience with my old one. 

How are things going?:  Not great - CD1 I guess you would call it, *tw* (MC, BFP)

I had a faint positive a few days ago - very very faint. It disappeared, and now I am bleeding, about a week later than I would have been for a "normal" period.  - Not that anything is normal. I am thinking it's a chemical pregnancy.  I called my old OBGYN and she said my case is too complex for her to feel comfortable handling, (This is the one who recommended my husband get a vasectomy)  So I don't really even have a doctor to go to about it. 
    I hadn't gotten too excited, I didn't even tell my husband, because I knew with the antibodies and having barely started the treatment this was possible, likely even... 

I put a call out to one about an hour south with great reviews, including for infertility issues - so hopefully she will be up for more of a complex case. I also plan to touch base with another recommended by a few friends, an hour the other direction. Bonus - both do VBACs which is what my rhematologist is reccomending if we ever get there.  

Any questions?: 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to spend an evening alone? taking a bath with a glass of wine and a book. My husband works nights, so this happens more than I will admit to. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin :( Sending love my friend. Crappy response from your doc but I'm glad she admitting she's not good enough to treat you. You deserve the best doctor :)  <3<3<3
  • I will try to get to everyone, apologies in advance if I miss someone. 
    @lulu1180 Good luck with IUI #2! 
    @chichiphin It seems like this journey is full of fits and starts, but I hope you get good answers from you monitoring!
    @beachbunnyxo123 So glad everything went well! Praying for you! PUPO.
    @oklahomak Hi! I've been hiding for a week or so. 
    @AlohaKumu I would be peeing on all the things. I lack willpower 
    @inthewoods23 Ah! Yay for starting your treatment plan! 
    @Avrilmai  Total type A here too. Makes me good at my job, but this kind of stuff I struggle with. There isn't a color coded spreadsheet to fix it. 
    @b_1029 I hope it goes well for you! I do know someone who had great luck with it. 
    @Swiftlet So sorry about the results. 
    @kobrien827 Like a little mini vay-cay for your body. Lol. enjoy your time having your body back for now. 
    @nitnat007 Hope your appointment goes well!
    @purplg8r Waiting is so hard!
    @crookshanks10 I know, it's hard not posting monday - Full house these days!

• @nomangos23 And I get it, it's not like there is anything to be done at this point, and it probably was legitimate she told me to inform my rheumy, but ... 
    I think emotionally I might need to hang out on the bench for a few months, put some space between  all of it and trying again. I know my rhematologist said "as soon as possible" but my emotional and mental health factors into "possible" too. 
    That'll give the blood thinners several weeks to work too, so win all around

• @kiki047 glad to hear you got some good news on your latest US. Hope you can put this busted cycle behind you and look forward to the next one  :)<3
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kiki047 started writing this morning but never posted. I'm so glad to hear you don't have an ovarian mass! And I'm so sorry about this cycle :(
  • My heart hurts for you, my friend. ❤ @AlohaKumu. Please be kind and gentle with yourself this holiday.  I know it is going to be a tough one for both of us this year.  I just wish I could give you the biggest hug right now, and have a good ugly-cry together.  Seriously, sending you so much love.
  • @AlohaKumu I am truly sorry to see you go. Giving you the biggest internet hug and wishing you an amazingly next chapter. You deserve it <3
  • @AlohaKumu my heart is breaking and I am so so sorry. I’ll be thinking if you and sending you strength and healing. Take it easy these next few weeks and be kind to yourself ❤️❤️❤️
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @AlohaKumu I am so sorry for you and YH.  Take time for yourself and I hope you find some way to help heal as much as you can.  I wish you all the best
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @AlohaKumu so many hugs friend. I will miss you tons and tons. Please pop in on us if you can. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @AlohaKumu I'm angry and heartbroken for you friend.  I'm sorry that this is the end of your journey, I'm sad to see you go in this way.  Please feel free to pop in on us when you feel up to it.  Sending creepy stranger internet hugs your way <3

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @AlohaKumu I'm so sorry. I wish it would’ve been a better outcome. I’m thinking of you and wish you the very best for whatever your next chapter may hold. ❤️
  • @AlohaKumu I'm so sorry friend. Please take care of yourself and best of luck to you in the future :)
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @AlohaKumu I haven't posted on this board in quite some time but wanted to pop in to say how terribly  sorry I am that this has not worked out. You have been such an amazing support for me and so many others, and I wish you nothing but the best in wherever this life takes you. Sending you so much love <3