Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/10

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What is your favorite way to spend an evening alone?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/10

• Loading the player...
  • @beachbunnyxo123 congrats on FET!!! I'm thinking of you and I hope the embaby is all snug and staying put!! And yes, originally the Wednesday appt was for a lining check to time the IUI, but my giant & quick follie kind of threw a wrench in the plan. Wed is now U/S & B/W to see if I O'd at this point. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @lulu1180 oh good I’m glad you’re feeling better with the femara! You’ve been so patient I really hope this IUI does the trick! 

@chichiphin I remembered you saying that last week so you switched to a TI cycle instead. Did they have you trigger though? I forgot if you did or not
  • @beachbunnyxo123 no trigger as of right now. Not sure though what happens if I have a monster follie come Wednesday. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Hi, all! I've popped in and out over the past few months, but I've mainly just been lurking since May. Really trying to be more intentional about being involved. 

@lulu1180 Fx for your IUI this cycle! Of course everyone is different, but I never had negative side effects with Femara, even when moving from 2.5 mg to 10 mg. Hope it's the same for you!

@chichiphin Grow follies, grow! Are you in line with your typical O date? Also - how is that show? Two friends have mentioned that to me this week!

@beachbunnyxo123 Ahh, so many good vibes to you! I'm sorry if I've missed this and everyone else knows - Is this your first FET? The Christmas movie day sounds delightful!

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, hypothyroidism, low morph

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Our new RE benched us this cycle after six failed medicated cycles with our OBGYN (Femara + Estradiol + Progesterone + Metformin) to do some more testing, including a new HSG. 

How are things going?: Ok. Blood work from this latest round of testing is taking f o r e v e r  to get back. Also just getting a little bummed with the holidays coming up again. Also planning my SS best friend's shower and feeling guilty about how jealous I'm feeling.

Any questions?: Not right now.

GTKY: Foot soak + face mask (and probably a glass of wine) while binge watching Gilmore Girls with my cat...

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited December 2018
    @AlohaKumu keeping you in my thoughts this week! FX for that beta. 
    @oklahomak ha no - I'm about 5 days early if this pace keeps up. And you should totally watch it!! I laugh so hard watching it. Its a very smart show. And I'm sorry about hosting the shower. You're allowed to feel those feelings. 
    @inthewoods23 I hope the timing with YH's schedule works out!! 

Update: RE called. Appt is now Friday. Since I don't have a positive OPK, he wants us to HIO tmrw & Thursday. Oh and I had a 19mm, 2x 13mm, and a 10mm last Friday. If I had multiple follies, do they all keep growing at that ~2mm a day rate? :#

I feel crazy with all of these schedule changes and new info being thrown at us! 

**edit for words

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited December 2018
    @Avrilmai haven't started letrozole yet. Probably will the day I have the baseline stuff done.

Also, I finally let my boss know I'll be having a bunch of appointments but don't necessarily know when they'll be. I'd say I stumbled through my words somewhat gracefully. And thankfully he said "do what you need to do" so I will just keep him in the loop when I know appointment dates.

ETA: typing and autocorrecting with this app fails sometimes. Fixed a typo.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks all for your sweet words! I'm sorry to be a downer. I know all of us are probably having those feelings right now!

@AlohaKumu So proud of you for resisting the urge to test! That takes so much willpower. Fx for your beta!!

@inthewoods23 Good luck with your first IUI! Hopefully it'll be the last :) Can YH move his dates around, if needed? And WTG on talking to your boss. It can be an intimidating conversation, but I'm so glad he took it well! I feel most supervisors (unless they are just crap people) are pretty understanding about that stuff, and want their employees to be healthy. 

@chichiphin You've convinced me! I'll have to give it a try. I'm sorry about your schedule changes - that can be so frustrating! 

@Avrilmai I don't have any advice, but FX for your beta!! We'll all be cheering you on. Also, your night alone sounds like a dream, lol. 

@b_1029 I hear you, completely. I don't know what works for you, but I try to remind myself that comparison is the thief of joy (I know, it's obviously not sticking for me this month, but it normally helps). This time in life just sucks, but your RE has faith in you. YH has faith in you. WE have faith in you!
  • aukeevaukeev member
    edited December 2018
    @Swiftlet You'd think we'd all have an insane amount of patience by now, but waiting for new results never seems to get easier! Fx for good results on your bloodwork. On the suspected blockage - Will you have to do another HSG to confirm?

@kobrien827 Yes, she does. She's my closest friend and she's known throughout the whole process. She has been super considerate, and when she told me about her success she cried because she felt bad for me. It was always the plan for us to throw each other's showers, we just both thought mine would be first. 
    Having a week without poking and pill popping was probably a nice break. Hoping for big changes for you in the new year!!!
  • @nitnat007 That really is a good way to describe it! As far as cutting toxins, not sure how far you're wanting to go, but we've been a "chemical-free" household for a couple of years. I started with easy things like household cleaners (you can make just about any cleaner you want with some combination of baking soda, vinegar, distilled water, vodka and some orange peel, depending on the surface), and then started slowly switching out our toiletries and my beauty products as I ran out of things. I use the Pure Haven (it's a MLM company, don't hate me, but my sister sells it and I fell in love with their stuff) line for all of this. For our medicine cabinet, I also made a bunch of switches here including a homemade neosporin-

The move from plastic to glass containers is huge! It's also nice that glass containers are prettier to look at than a stack of mismatched plastic containers ;)
  • @nitnat007 sending lots of love back to you. I was quite heartbroken for you. But I am convinced you will pick yourself back up and fight on  <3
    Being on the bench pretty much sucks over here, but this too shall pass! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @Swiftlet The thought of having to repeat an HSG makes my insides cringe. Does your doctor prescribe you a Valium/other painkiller to take beforehand, at least? 

AFM, I'm waiting on a whole bunch of bloodwork from this cycle - thyroid (had to do new TSH, T3 Free & T4 Free, since I've had elevated levels in the past), Progesterone, Prolactin, Estrogen, FSH & LH. My RE didn't order any BW for AMH, which I thought was weird, but the NP said he wasn't running it due to my age. Who knows. 
  • Finally called the RE's office to schedule the baseline stuff! Whew! Getting that done tomorrow AM. Hoping everything looks great!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited December 2018
    @oklahomak yeah, not looking forward to the repeat! They also did a transcervical ballooning procedure (in an attempt to see if it would open that tube) which was worse (You know when the NP says “I’m not going to sugar coat it, it’s not pleasant” it’s code for “this sht is really gonna hurt” haha!) I took 4 Advil beforehand and was only very very mildly uncomfortable afterwards, so it worked from
    that perspective. It was just the actual procedure that was so uncomfortable to me.

@purplg8r No actual date yet, just waiting on other tests to trickle in first.
    FX for you! I hope this week flies by :)
  • @oklahomak thank you for your kind words. You’re right about comparison being the thief of joy; it’s just so hard to remember that some days! In my rational mind I know every body is different but it’s hard to think rationally a lot of the time. 
    @kobrien827 thanks! I think I’ll take it at night too. Enjoy your time off from everything!
    @Swiftlet hope your test results come back quickly! Waiting is so hard!
    @nitnat007 thank you for that reminder. I hope your appointment goes well today, you get some answers, and start making a solid plan moving forward! 
    @purplg8r ahhh FX for your beta Monday! I hope this week flies by for you and you have something fun planned to pass the time!
    @celticknotfire it is not monitored. I had an U/S a couple of weeks ago and will have a repeat in January. I expressed concern about starting Clomid because the first U/S showed a small cyst (it was a couple days before ovulation) but my doctor said she wasn’t worried. I’m still a little nervous about it though. I hope your IUI was successful! And HGTV is a solid choice, I love so many shows on there!
  • @Avrilmai It's interesting to hear that! What did she say when your AMH came back low? I've never had regular cycles, and didn't respond to Femara + Estradiol even at the 10mg/day dosage, but I was on that protocol with an OBGYN, not this RE.

@purplg8r Fx so hard for you!! 

@Swiftlet That sounds so miserable! But hopefully they won't be repeating the ballooning? 

@celticknotfire Thank you <3 I'm convinced that dogs really can tell about those things lol. 

@chichiphin Thanks! Me too. How many days are you now past your typical O date - 6? Has your RE said if there's a plan for this? 

@b_1029 Of course! It's always easier said than done. You're doing great!
  • Not sure I can catch up and tag everyone! Giving love and have my FX for everyone here!! 

Diagnosis (if you've been): LP Defect. Probably MFI even though they haven't mentioned it as of yet.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Femara + Trigger + IUI#4+ Progesterone

How are things going?: So far so good. Just trying to stay busy.

Any questions?: N/A

GTKY: What is your favorite way to spend an evening alone? Catch up on my DVR shows and watch movies while cuddling with my cat! 
  • @crookshanks10 I should definitely add cuddling with my cat to my answer. She's totally become a snuggle bug this year. Previously she was always off somewhere else in the house sleeping. Now she hopes up into my lap when I tap my leg!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause