1st Trimester
Options

First Appointment Nerves. I have been very anxious.

FTM here! I just found out that I am pregnant and Im guessing that I’m 5w6d, however I’m not really sure because I was on the pill so I wasn’t keeping track of anything and I had a uncharacteristicly light period last time so maybe I’m more... not sure? 
The orginal ObGyn I was referred to wouldnt even see me until 12wks and then no U/S until 14-16wks. So I found a new place to go because that just seemed like a really long time to wait to even talk to a doctor.
I now have an appointment for next Thursday and I was told I would be having a TransVag U/S. I declined that because I am completely uncomfortable having that done. (I’ve had one before and it was extremely painful and I bled a lot afterwards. Now I have anxiety just thinking of it). So they told me I wouldn’t be able to see my baby on an Abdominal U/S until 12wks. That doesn’t make sense to me as I personally know a handful of moms who have had Abdominal ones early on and it’s been totally fine. 
So I guess my questions is: 
Do I have to wait until 12wks or can I just ask for an Abdominal one now? I’m really skinny and will be at least 6.5wks at the time of appointment. I also understand that my baby might be too small to be seen or heard but that doesn’t scare me. 
Thanks for the advice!!

Re: First Appointment Nerves. I have been very anxious.

• Options
    This thread has been closed to new posts as it was accidentally posted multiple times. To reply to this post, please visit the active thread on this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"