August 2019 Moms

Introduce yourself!

Re: Introduce yourself!

• @lilnessi this is my third babe too! 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @aisukurimsarang congrats on your surprise! This is my third baby as well :)

• @ElcaB hayyyyyy fellow S16 mom!

• @runningisrad I was wondering when you were going show up here! HI FRIEND!

• @ElcaB I lurked the other day but the board didn't exist yet, and now here it is! Weeeee!!! I have to learn how to Bump all over again LOL

• @cmessamore hiiiiiii!!!  <3

@hillaryo14 so cool! Congrats and its awesome we're on the same BMB again  :)
  • @Perfectypo Congrats to you too! I'm glad we're on the same BMB again! Too cool!
  • edited December 2018
    Hi ladies!

This is my third pregnancy, I had one early MC in 2012 and I have a 5yr old daughter. EDD is 8/5 but I will have to deliver early due to blood mutation I have (Factor V). Had minor complications last pregnancy so hoping for a happy healthy pregnancy.
    We have one dog and one cat, both v elderly. So excited the board is up!  
    @mewebster59 we have a lot in common! I’ve had to deleiver early with my other two children due to Factor V and my EDD is 8/5 too, so I figure I’ll be having a July baby. 
  • @littlestbear03 we are bump twins!  I don’t get my dating ultrasound until 12/20, but will most likely be delivering July. Last time they set my induction for a week before due date but I didn’t make it and delivered at almost 37 weeks.  I was induced early last time because my placenta “got old” and my fluid was low. Hoping to make it a little longer this time. Also recently found out that I passed factor v to my daughter 😔 so hoping this little one doesn’t get the same. 

• @littlestbear03 we are bump twins!  I don’t get my dating ultrasound until 12/20, but will most likely be delivering July. Last time they set my induction for a week before due date but I didn’t make it and delivered at almost 37 weeks.  I was induced early last time because my placenta “got old” and my fluid was low. Hoping to make it a little longer this time. Also recently found out that I passed factor v to my daughter 😔 so hoping this little one doesn’t get the same. 
    How old is your daughter? I’m so sorry to hear that. I don’t know why but I hadn’t thought to get DD checked yet, she’s only 3. I think I was tested around 10-13? I have Factor V and MThr. My mom, sister, aunts and cousins all have some issue, Factor V, Mthr, protein s deficiency, a lot of them having some pretty serious complications and blood clots during/after pregnancy. I’ve been very lucky and my OB has Factor V so she’s very knowledgeable. 
  • @brebribrie we are a his, hers, and ours situation, too! He had two, I had two, and now we are on our third together!  <3
    How old is your daughter? I’m so sorry to hear that. I don’t know why but I hadn’t thought to get DD checked yet, she’s only 3. I think I was tested around 10-13? I have Factor V and MThr. My mom, sister, aunts and cousins all have some issue, Factor V, Mthr, protein s deficiency, a lot of them having some pretty serious complications and blood clots during/after pregnancy. I’ve been very lucky and my OB has Factor V so she’s very knowledgeable. 
    She’s 5. The doctor said we didn’t really need to worry about testing her early, but she had another small issue and the doctor said they would test for Factor V since they were already drawing blood. I was diagnosed around 14 I think, but had clots when I was 9. Are you on thinners throughout pregnancy?  Last time I just did the shots afterwards, so hoping I don’t need them throughout again. 

• @mewebster59 no just the baby aspirin daily during pregnancy. My sister and mom had to do the daily shots through all their pregnancy’s and I feel so lucky I haven’t had to. 
  • @ash0625 yeaaah attorneys, me too! *high five*
  • @ash0625 My sister in law was kind of in a similar situation. She has a newly one year old and a newborn, definitely didn’t plan to get pregnant so soon. But, now that she’s here, she says it’s easier than she thought exactly because of what you said- she’s already used to the chaos. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni That makes me feel a little better. I'm overwhelmed. 

@threeleftturns

• ElcaBElcaB member
    edited December 2018
    Hi all. I’m not exactly sure if I will be sticking around or even how/if I will fit in here. My husband and I have 3 keepers 6, 4 and 2. Yesterday we transferred a 5 day embryo into my uterus that does not belong to us. I am a gestational carrier. I had great experiences with with last two bmb’s and thought maybe I would give this a shot. Because even though it is not my baby, I will still be pregnant and long as this little embie sticks. So fingers crossed. My first beta is the 14th and if all is well I should be due August 23rd. 

ETA- Fixed a terrible autocorrect 
    @fishwife799 I'm glad you're here. Everyone needs support during pregnancy.
    Can you tell us more? Gestational carriers fascinate me!
    ETA Spacing. Eventually I'll get used to formatting on here again!
  • @mrsstuessy we have very similar stories - my 2nd was M17 and we were gonna wait another 6 mos or so but here we are! 
  • *lurking from June 19*

@WinchesterGirl Congratulations!!! Now I’m trying to figure out which one of the PG announcements you are from the FB group. I’m a shitty participant over there and I never participate, but I’ve been rooting for everyone TTC in the group! ❤️
  • @srscott3 Thanks! Congrats to you too! I'm the latest announcement today.  ;)
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • fishwife799! Isn't science amazing!?

Since you are an "anonymous" donor (even though you're not since you've met the parents, but I mean anonymous as in you aren't a surrogate for a friend or family member), I assume you are getting compensated. Are you comfortable sharing? I'm just curious; no judgment here. I think what you're doing is great! I was an anonymous egg donor five years ago and I got compensated for that.

Also, what are some of the stipulations in your contract regarding your behavior/care for the baby?
  • Hi Y'all! 2nd time working mom here to a 3 year old little boy. My EDD is August 7th!
  • @ElcaB there is compensation in my case. I am using an agency and this particular one does between 40-60k depending on your experience, your insurance, where you live and wether you are employed or not. I am in a few surrogacy groups and list believe that is on the high end. They would say 30-40 for a first time Suro. I chose my agency not for the money though, because I knew they would take me even though I live in a remote area and because my friend had such a good experience with them. I didn’t even realize there were so many agencies until I had already decided to work with them. 

So my contract isn't super restrictive. Obviously no alcohol and/or drugs. I have to have all meds approved my my RE or my OB. I can’t have caffeine. No hair dye until second tri and I have to commit to keeping a healthy diet, but there are no restrictions on anything like lunch meat or sushi. Other than those thugs it’s mostly just to follow the RE and my OB’s orders. I’ve seen some contracts that had way more rules than mine. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker