May 2019 Moms
Options

Pregnancy brain.

Can we just have a thread to share all the silly crap our pregnant brains make us do? 

Re: Pregnancy brain.

• Options
    Hahaha! Omg @eatinwatermelonseeds Im sorry, your story made me lol but I also feel bad you accidentally outted yourself.  I don't know if it's okay to laugh but i want to so bad!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @expandcontract oh totally okay to laugh 😂 she's a friend from high school and we're not super close-- we also don't have a ton of mutual friends I'd be afraid she'd tell and I plan on announcing on Sunday, so it's okay, I was just really face palming 😂 I can't believe I thought a 3 year old was a 9 month old. 
  • Options
    Come on people, I can't be the only one doing embarrassing shit. 😂
  • Options
    @expandcontract 😂😂😂😂 thank you, I feel less alone 😂😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds mine are just not as funny as yours.. i mainly do shit like put the milk in the cabinet or walk into a room forgetting why i went there. 

• Options
    @expandcontract I put my milk on top of the fridge a lot. I put the cereal in the fridge today. I'm just a mess
  • Options
    Too many to count. I actually gave all my classes a lecture the other day on how much I would forget and screw up over the next few months. I found a cool YouTube video that explained pregnancy brain for middle schoolers BUT I forgot the name of it (😂) so I can’t share... 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I have one for you  :) Last week I was giving my oldest son his morning medicine while I was very distracted. Filled up the glass of water, got out the pill, and TOOK HIS MEDICINE!! Panic set in and the ONE day I wasn't feeling nauseous I had to run to the bathroom and make myself throw it up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited November 2018
    I pretty frequently throw away the kitchen utensil I'm using and put the trash in the sink.  There were some other things, but I can't remember them at the moment because my memory has apparently ceased all motor function.

Edit: OH this one happens almost daily - I have had several near misses (like put it in my mouth and realized my mistake) where I've gone to take Unisom in the morning instead of my prenatal.  One day it's going to happen.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Lots of dumb stuff at work. I have to check myself like 5 times before before I send anything out. Nothing too funny though. 
  • Options
    @hargis87 omg! I laughed, I'm so sorry, but that's so something I would do. 

I did this before getting pregnant but I do it more now. DS will ask for milk or something and I'll go get it and I'll either be talking to DH or just in my head and I'll bring the cup to my husband, set it down and then stare at him as he stares at me in confusion and wonder why he's not drinking it and what that dumb look on his face is for. Then it'll click and I'll die laughing 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds laugh away! It has became quite a joke with me and the husband!  :D

And that sounds like something I would do as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst omg I actually laughed outloud... Hard 😂😂 oh goodness. 

When DS was first born I was SO tired I was taking a shower in zombie mode and put some liquid on my shower puff, then looked down and realized it was shampoo. We were kind of broke so I didn't want to waste the shampoo, so I just washed my hair with the shower poof 😂

Another time I accidentally used DH's toothbrush. Didn't realize until I was done brushing. I meant to tell him before he brushed again but I forgot and then it was just too late 😂
  • Options
    I always take my keys out of my car when i stop and park in garage. This one time i got out of the car closed the garage turned the light off and went inside. I wondered why i could hear faint music in background thought maybe it was the neighbours but i went back to my car realised it was my car radio and i left the keys in the car. I felt like  such a goof.
  • Options
    I've found my cell phone in the fridge more than once.

A friend of mine, who's 5yo daughter is BFFs with DD1, does massage therapy out of her home.  She usually only books clients for school days but our kindergarteners didn't have school this Wednesday and a client could only book that morning so my friend asked if her daughter could come over and play that day during the appt.  Of course I said yes, then told her I'd pick her up on my way home from dropping DD2 at preschool.  Totally forgot by Wednesday morning.  Drove DD2 to school, came home, set myself up with my laptop and a bunch of figure skating board stuff and started working.  DD1 was still in her PJs.  Friend calls.  Is it still ok for M to come over and play?  And I'm like OMG!!  I'm so sorry we are on our way.  Luckily they only live 2 blocks away so we made it there before her appt showed up, but I felt SO bad!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I definitely laugh about it now 🤣 I'm pretty sure I even took a picture of it.

I would of done the same with the shampoo! But that's funny you washed your hair with the poof!
  • Options
    Lol some of these are freaking hilarious! 

• Options
    A few weeks ago I totally forgot to take my contacts out before going to bed (which is totally not normal, even when I have had too much to drink I still remember to take them out before bed). I woke up the next morning and was so confused as to why I could see so clearly. hahaha
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    My husband was trying to go do something I didn't want him to and I was fumbling trying to say his name and called him both our son's name AND the dog's name and really just couldn't think of it so I just said "whatever the hell your name is!" 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds my husband does that with our kids all the time.  He's the only male in a house with me, our two daughters and our female dog (previously two female dogs but we had to put my childhood dog down a couple years ago).  Some days his brain just can't process it and he calls whoever he's talking to by every female name in the house besides the right one.  It eventually ends up with "whatever your name is".  If this baby ends up being a girl his brain will be royally fried, lol.
  • Options
    @mcewen3 my best friend has 3 kids with a C name, and DS starts with a C so no matter who we're talking to it's "Co-ca-con-COLIN!" 😂 Even THEY mess up each other's names. This baby will not have a C name 😂
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I lost the car in the garage at work. Had to take the elevator 7 times to go to different floors (multiple times to each) before I found the car. Then today I took my 36 oz bottle of water into the car and put it on the passenger seat but forgot to close the lid so now I have 36 oz of water that need to dry off the seat 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited November 2018
    @dfirstimer that sucks! Hopefully the temps aren't below freezing by you. At least it wasn't coffee/soda/tea etc. 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus I know, it could’ve been worst. For now I have all passengers sitting in the back seat until seat dries ;) 
  • Options
    I have a student whom I think my subconscious is trying to punish. He's a hardworking kid, and nice/respectful to me, but he has the tendency to make on-the-sly biting comments to his classmates, and he exclaims that things are "racist against whites," when trying to point out what he sees as a double-standard... while I gently try to explain racial language nuances to the class. Anyway, twice in the past week, he has done extra credit (volunteering to read part of a play aloud in class), and twice, I have somehow skipped him when I was putting the grades in the gradebook. I have no idea how/why. Both times he's come to me the next day and asked why he has a 0 on his extra credit 🤦‍♀️
    kids with flags
  • Options
    My friend from nursing school posted a picture of a package that said "diploma" on it. My dumb butt asks "is that from the school?!" 🤦 where TF else would she get a diploma from? 🙄😂
  • Options
    @MelissaMay82 I did that one time when I was using Dailies.  Except I didn't notice right away in the morning and tried to put a new set in right over top of the old ones.  It took me way too long to figure out what I had done.  Also, not pregnant nor hung over at the time 😳
  • Options
    @fatmonica oh no 😂 that second one. I did that in the beginning of my pregnancy. So embarrassing 🙈😂
  • Options
    I just went to click on this app but nope, opened my banking app. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Also, I talked with my boss for 10 minutes about Thanksgiving plans and I was so confused that DH and I haven't really seemed to think about Thanksgiving this year. I was like "why have we not planned anything?" Then my friend texted me later and said that her son was looking forward to DD coming over for Thanksgiving. I had totally spaced that we were going over there. :lol:
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz hoping this air quality finally gets better with tomorrow's rain. I was told not to bike while pregnant (I don't own one so NBD) but my OB is overly cautious with some things.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker