May 2019 Moms

Pregnancy brain.

Re: Pregnancy brain.

• I was making a cake and cracked the eggs and proceeded to dump the eggs down the drain instead of in my bowl 3 times ....
  • @kvh22 I go by the 'don't do anything new or different.' And I've always biked. My first pregnancy I biked until it got too hot at the end of August, so about 8 months pregnant. I think it helps that the weight gain is gradual, so I never felt off balance. My OB just mentioned that it was probably smart not to bike with the current air quality, but said nothing about avoiding it generally.
    And yes, the rain is so needed. Welcome to NorCal winter.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep forgetting if I’ve shut the garage door or not. Twice now in 4 days of gotten about 4 blocks from home and forgotten if I had done it, so I turn around only to find the garage is indeed shut. Ugh!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited November 2018
    This week has been filled with pregnancy brain... First I left my bag at the register at Costco  and couldn't remember if I had brought it in with me or if it was gone. Luckily I spotted it at the customer service desk! 
    Earlier in the week while making the Thanksgiving Tourtiere filling (savory meat pie), I was weighing the meat (2# of both pork and beef). For some reason  I ended up saving like a tablespoon of beef out of the 4 total pounds of meat since that was the "right" weight. Now I'm thinking I put all the other leftover beef into the huge pot of filling and ended up with easy more beef in there than normal.
    Today I told DH I would go to the hardware store to get a few small things he needed (we're in the middle of a total bathroom gut and remodel) and then forgot about it and was doing other things downstairs, took a shower, etc.
    It's like my brain left the building! 
    Also, edited for typos. Am I the only one who has major issues with app glitches when typing out a comment, I. E. Missing punctuation, repeated words, the cursor jumping back several words in the middle of typing, etc? 
  • We were planning to make a cherry pie to bring to Thanksgiving dinner and the recipe called for 4 cups of cherries.  At the store, I read 3 pounds as 3 cups so I bought two 3lb bags of cherries!!  And now I need a good breakfast recipe that includes 3lbs of cherries...
  • @Stormiewinter that sounds like something I would do when not pregnant. I don't know if I could ever go for a keyless car!

@lmallen80 I would have no problem just eating the 3lb bag of cherries. I looooove cherries. Also, sounds like something I would do when not pregnant.

I'm actually wondering if my normal these days is just pregnancy brain. And STMs feel like their brain hasn't been letting them down any more than usual, but maybe because they never got all their cognition back from the first one or two?

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @k2k2tog lol yes I don't feel like I'm doing anything "more ridiculous" than my new normal. It takes 2 years after birth for all of the grey matter to come back (it goes away some to make room for "emotional" bonding brainpower). Since I got pregnant at 1 year PP, I was only about halfway to "normal."

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 makes total sense then. I got pregnant with DD2 when DD1 was 19 months. This time, DD2 was 22 months. So almost normal each time, but also very familiar with coping? 

I did lose my computer's password last night. And it's a password I use every single day, multiple times a day. It came back to me after a few seconds - mostly through muscle memory - but it was a weird moment.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @Stormiewinter DH has done that with my old car before.  Luckily he didn't get too far down the road before he noticed the flashing on the dash saying "no key detected".  We're now on our second keyless vehicle and I think finally have the hang of it, lol.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • But speaking of keyless vehicles... My previous car (2011 Nissan Pathfinder) was keyless.  There were the little unlock buttons on the driver's door and on the back hatch.  When you pressed the button on the hatch it unlocked the whole vehicle.  I drove that car for 5 years and was pretty used to it by the end.  My pathfinder was written off after a huge hail storm the summer of 2017 and so last winter we bought my Yukon, also keyless.  I locked myself out of it twice in the matter of 2 weeks because when you open the back of the Yukon it doesn't unlock any other doors.  I kept opening the back, throwing my purchases into the trunk along with my purse and then going to the driver's door only to find it locked tight.  The first time I had to call CAA (AAA) because it was literally a day or two after we picked up the vehicle and both sets of keys were still in my purse.  Needless to say I very quickly connected the OnStar app on mine and DH's phone so if it happened again we could unlock it remotely from anywhere, lol.  
    Also, PSA to anyone with an OnStar enabled vehicle.  We have never found it worthwhile to pay for OnStar, but they have now started offering the basic package for free for like 3-5 years depending if you bought your vehicle used or new (in Canada, but I would assume if we have it the U.S. does too).  It gives you access to the app and a monthly diagnostic report.  I love having the app to remotely start my car when I'm not within range for the keyfob and unlocking my car when the keys are inside ;)
  • @mcewen3 I have a Nissan Sentra and if the keys are in the car, it automatically unlocks, it doesn't let you lock it. I've actually thrown my purse into the trunk and closed it and it's popped back up like "no bitch get the key" 😂
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds @eatinwatermelonseeds?  I was so annoyed when it started happening.  It only happens with the trunk area, because it doesn't actually unlock anything.  Basically pushing the button on the back opens the door but it doesn't unlock it?  If I get out and leave my keys inside I can't lock the vehicle.  Regardless, its a super annoying feature.  The first time it happened we were out of town at DH's sister's place.  She and I ran to the store for some last minute supplies for our New Year's Eve feast.  It was -30*C (-22*F) without the windchill.  My phone was in the purse I had tossed in the car, luckily SIL had hers on her.  We were not dressed even close to warm enough for the weather since we hadn't exactly been planning on being outside for more than a minute or so to run to and from the vehicle.  At least we could wait in the store until the tow truck arrived and then we just ran in and out to answer his questions but didn't stand by while he busted his way into my new car.
  • @Stormiewinter that's interesting. I have a keyless, too. However, if I were to start driving without having my keys in the car,  it starts beeping and displays a message on the dashboard.  And if i were to continue driving it still,  the car automatically shuts off after you get a certain distance away from the keys.  
    I know that the older keyless cars were responsible for some deaths. Drivers would park the car in their garage,  close the garage door,  and walk inside forgetting to turn off the car.  This would lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. I remember reading about entire families being found dead due to this.  And so they've made adjustments to the newer key less cars.  

• I was on the phone with my insurance company and they were asking me to verify my address. Even as I was giving them the street address, I was panicking because I was thinking ahead and could not remember what city I lived in. I was racking my brain and then took a huge pause after the street address before my brain caught up.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • I was on the phone with my insurance company and they were asking me to verify my address. Even as I was giving them the street address, I was panicking because I was thinking ahead and could not remember what city I lived in. I was racking my brain and then took a huge pause after the street address before my brain caught up.
    I do that sometimes and then i panic and wonder is they think I'm lying about who i really am..

• Got out of the shower and couldn't find my glasses. Was looking around all over the place, and even whacked my head against the wall turning quickly thinking I dropped them. I'm wearing contacts, I have been all day. My glasses weren't even in the bathroom with me and the item that dropped was a hanger, not my glasses. 🤦‍♀️
  • I have been scolding my husband most of the week for throwing away the taco sauce packet we got in our taco kit that we made on Monday. I just went to wrap my sisters Christmas gift to find that I had put the (open) taco sauce packet in with my sister’s gift and it spilled everywhere. 👌🏼🖕🏼
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds thankfully it spilled on parts that could be easily cleaned, but damn. Now I feel like a stupid, mean wife. 
  • I brought my dogs leash to work instead of my laptop cord...oops
    🤣🤣 This one takes the cake!!

• @expandcontract  I know right! What's funnier is my husband called me asking me where the dogs chain was and I'm like "Hun I don't know, I'm at work" and was annoyed because hello I'm not home I can't help you look and open up my laptop bag and I felt like the worst wife ever to of been saucy with him! He laughed about it after so that's good ha.
  • Today I got an Uber to work and on the hurry out I left my purse at my house. After work I got another Uber home. I needed to get money out the atm so I asked them to stop at the bank, which was slightly out of the way of my house. Right as we started going the opposite way of my house I remembered I didn’t have my purse. 
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited December 2018
    So total baby brain today - I locked my keys in my car. I was going to a conference to present and while getting out of the car thought "I don't need my purse-just my laptop and handouts" and left my purse with my keys attached sitting right on the seat, but didn't realize it until I was all done. Then I looked in the window and my keys were right there, mocking me clipped onto my purse. 
    I had a meeting after I was done which I ended up missing since I had to wait for the locksmith guy to get my door open. The good news is that my car insurance covers lockouts, and the meeting I missed wasn't too big a deal. 
  • I forgot to put on makeup today so I have red splotchy face at work...oh well.
  • Went to my 1130 ob appointment today. Found out it's actually NEXT Monday 🤦‍♀️😂
  • What's worse? I looked at my calendar last night and today .
  • Oh my gooodness! I forgot where I put my car keys not once, or twice, but SEVEN times today! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I did just read an article from “I f@cking love science” that indicates that forgetfulness could be a sign of advanced intelligence. That should make us all feel like geniuses about now... 😊 
  • It took me about 5 minutes to realize I turned the wrong burner on. I was just thinking "man this bacon is taking forever to cook". 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I took my 9 year old to school then went to another school to drop off my 3 year old in pre kindy. My husband was at work and i returned to my car and sat in the passenger side. Looked over to the insisible driver and thought right who is driving then?  I felt so embarrassed that i had to pretend i was looking for my phone in glove box and then i got out to go to the drivers side so i can drive myself home. Sad thing is i was tempted several other times to go to wrong side of my car and i have to stop and think which side do i get in to drive. Lol
  • I took my 9 year old to school then went to another school to drop off my 3 year old in pre kindy. My husband was at work and i returned to my car and sat in the passenger side. Looked over to the insisible driver and thought right who is driving then?  I felt so embarrassed that i had to pretend i was looking for my phone in glove box and then i got out to go to the drivers side so i can drive myself home. Sad thing is i was tempted several other times to go to wrong side of my car and i have to stop and think which side do i get in to drive. Lol
    Omg! I did that a few times, not pregnant, when I lived in England. I would automatically open my car and sit down and then notice the wheel on the other side. I always pretended to be looking for something before doing the walk around the car to the other side