March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 10/29-11/4

13»

Re: Randoms 10/29-11/4

• Options
    @mamakate1616 being PGAL we're waiting until after the fetal echo to announce on FB. I'm sorry your mil had that reaction.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I lurk TTGP, so I remember the cryptic pregnancy stuff. I think it's an offshoot of hysterical/phantom/false pregnancies where someone wants to be pregnant so bad that they begin developing the symptoms. 
  • Options
    @meggyme I heard that somewhere else too and have been keeping my eye out for it, can’t wait to try it! I used to always bring a beer (disguised in a cup...) with me to get my nails done  :D
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 I found it at my regular grocery store. I think it's new because it was kind of prominently displayed in the deli cheese/meats which was out of place for it. We were at the nail salon as a group so they didn't care about BYOB, but a pregnant woman repeatedly pouring rose into her tumbler got some looks.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 I found it in the juice aisle at my grocery store, and agree - it’s delicious!
  • Options
    @meggyme I'll have to look for that! Thanks for the suggestion. I was just thinking today about how I cannot go crazy on my red wine at Thanksgiving this year.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @meggyme I have been trying to find sparkling cranberry juice, which I had last year but doesn't seem to be around this year. I saw that rosé grape juice and was intrigued but didn't get it. Guess I'll have to!
  • Options
    Ok, really random and pretty gross (sorry!) but I've noticed for a long time now that when my stomach muscles are engaged (like when I'm trying to get up from sitting or lying down), there's a weird pooch that sticks forward around my belly button. So I finally looked at it in the morning and realized it's rather long (several inches) and wider in the center than at the top or bottom and very red (again all of this is only visible if my stomach muscles are engaged and this juts forward). So now I'm wondering if this is my placenta? (I warned you this would be gross) I know I have an anterior placenta but I never expected to be able to see where it is. Are there any other explanations for this? Crazy weird.
  • Options
    @mayoduck is it like a long wide band? For me, that’s how my abdominal muscles jutted out. I was also advised NOT to make them do this as much as possible and taking preventative measures to avoid diastasis recti. For example, it would really protrude when I sat up in bed. I was told by PT to roll on my side and use my hands to push up instead of using my core to sit up.
  • Options
    @swanbrooner yeah, I'm guessing it's not something I should continue to stick out if I can avoid it. It is not very wide (maybe 3 inches at its widest); mostly long. I thought about it being muscle but I've never seen my muscles shaped like that before.
  • Options
    I second all the raves about Welch’s sparkling rose! Had it at a bridal fitting for my friend and it was soooo good! As others have mentioned, must be new because I haven’t seen it before (or maybe I was also so busy with actual alcohol ha)
  • Options
    @mayoduck I’m pretty sure they’re your an muscles being strained.

Also, all day today I’ve been misspelling your s/n mayosuck, mayofuck, mayodick. My fingers can’t seem to get it right but I think it’s funny!
  • Options
    @meggyme ugh. Avoiding using my core muscles is going to be so hard! Why does it seem like the body is constantly fighting itself when it's pregnant?

That misspelling is pretty funny though!
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited November 2018
    I expect that's various things in your belly (fat, parts of organs, uterus) sticking between your abdominal muscles. Pretty much anything is going to look red through your skin, not just placenta. You know how you can shine a super bright flash light through thinner parts of your hand and it looks red? I doubt it's specifically plancenta, especially considering how thick your uterus is, but that could potentially be part of the stuff underneath. 

You probably have a bit of a diastasis recti going on, where the ab muscles separate. Definitely something to talk about at your postpartum appointments. There's a million results if you Google it, including how to test for it yourself. It's super easy. 
  • Options
    @mayoduck there were mixed results when I tried to find what ab exercises were safe or at least didn’t contribute to diastasis recti. One camp is you don’t do ANY ab work, which I think is a little extreme.

The other camp is to avoid ab work that pushes and separates your ab muscles, like you experienced. That’s why crunches, some planks and ab work like that is discouraged but side planks, glute bridges, and wall sits that pull the ab muscles in or are neutral are safer.
  • Options
    The postpartum mom's at my last mommy and me workout class were talking about diastasis recti. The instructor told them not to focus on work like crunches but to use planks instead.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't even do crunches or other ab exercises specifically, they just engage when I get up from lying down or change positions while sleeping (which I do a lot these days). Guess I will have to try to be more mindful of how I am doing that moving forward. I'm sure getting sick and having coughing fits for 2 weeks earlier in the pregnancy didn't help either.
  • Options
    @mayoduck you can also look up knocked up fitness - - I bought the ebook for $20 because I didn't want to sign up for a monthly payment to be a member, but I have heard amazing things about the knocked up membership, as well as the postpartum for healing diastis recti. I may reconsider the membership for postpartum, depending on how things go in March. Her website and social media also have a bunch of free tips