Infertility

Nov 2018 FET

Re: Nov 2018 FET

• Thanks @ndz2018! You won't be far behind ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • @mkr_0128 Me, too. I always told myself there is NO way I'd do another ER, and here I am ... with it being a very real possibilityย  :'(ย  But enough about me ... congrats on being PUPO! <3 When do they do your beta?

@ndz2018 The whole practice is in complete shock/confusion, etc, but the only thing we can do is move forward, right?

AFM, we're going to go back to the original protocol with the EXACT schedule that we used with my first FET (*TW* which was successful *TW end*): estrace escalation, then PIO, then some combination of suppositories+PIO when we *finally* have our damn success (I'm just going to will it to happen!!). I had taken PIO for FET#2, 3, & 4, but then appeared to develop a mild allergic reaction at the injection site, so we switched to estrace & suppositories afterwards (FET#5, 6, 7). The science points to negligible differences between the two and I know FOUR couples who had successes with both methods - same set of embryos, just one time was with PIO the other was Promterium. But ... it's my last shot so I'm trying to perfectly replicate it. However, I'm also curious about some of these other things I keep hearing about: baby aspirin, etc. I will have to take Benadryl 1-3x daily because of the possibility of still having the sensitivity to PIO, but is it crazy to consider some of the others? With FET#1, I followed everything to-the-letter so I don't see why it would be different now. Maybe that's why I pay my RE the big bucks, right? ;)ย 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
    ย  ย IUI#1ย  ย - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
    ย  ย IVF#1ย  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
    ย  ย FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
    ย  ย FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 embย - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
    ย  ย FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 embย - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
    ย  ย FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
    ย  ย FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
    ย  ย FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    ย  ย FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    ย  ย FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • @ndz2018 ah, thanks! i hope so too. ย all 4 survived the thaw and got ICSI'd. ย we'll see about fertilization tomorrow.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29 ย DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• So many exciting updates!

@mkr_0128 happy transfer day! Please take it super easy on your move.ย 

@ndz2018 happy PIO day lol. Iโ€™ll also be giving them to myself so Iโ€™ll be keeping an eye on your methods for tips!ย 

@wishing-and-hoping that is spectacular news about all of your eggs surviving the thaw and fertilization! I know unfertilized eggs arenโ€™t quite as stable during freezing and thawing as embryos, so itโ€™s a huge relief they all made it.ย 

@MamaK225 welcome and itโ€™s so nice to have someone transferring late in the month. Iโ€™m just on the other side at 12/3 so weโ€™ll likely be the last ladies in the room!ย 
  • @MamaK225 thank you! Beta is 11/13, they said it's usually 9 days but that fell on the weekend... So I have to wait until the Tues I guess (since Monday is a holiday)... But I have a feeling I will test next Friday or so at home! I know how ya feel though, not to be a negative Nancy but I'm sure I'll be doing another ER at some point or another since we only have 2 embryos left now. I hope the protocol works out for you though!ย 

@cato99 thank you :)ย 
  • *lurking*
    @ndz2018 SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
    also I just ordered that coloring book! Thanks for the tip.ย 
  • @mkr_0128 so happy to hear the transfer went great!! How was the move?

@ndz2018 you are a trooper for doing the PIO shots on your own! I'm such a baby about them lol but we have a routine now too where they aren't so bad after. @manders85-2 you guys are so close! Can't believe we're all up next week xo

@wishing-and-hoping glad to hear the eggs thawed well, how'd fertilization go? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

@MamaK225 congrats on the 11/28 date <3 Here's hoping this is the one!ย ย 
  • You guys! :/ I cant Catch a break, donโ€™t worry nothing to do with my FET. Iโ€™m walking into work this morning and rolled my ankle.ย ย Since it happen at work they whisked me off the ER, got an X-ray just to make sure nothing was broken, and now Iโ€™m home icing it taking Advil while I still can and hoping the swelling/pain goes down by Tuesday.ย 
  • @wishing-and-hoping Wow!!!ย  That is a really cool dream!ย  Maybe it's a good signย  :)

@ndz2018 Damn!ย  That sucks!!ย  Keep your foot elevated and try to stay off of it and maybe it will be ok by Tuesday.

Me: 34ย  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017ย 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CPย ย ย Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeksย ย ย  Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18ย  M/C at 7 weeksย  :'(ย  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:ย  scheduled for 8/16/19

• *lurking*
    I'm so sorry @ndz2018 about your ankle! hope you get to feel better. I'll be praying for you!
  • Oh no, @ndz2018 about your ankle! Rest up to heal and hopefully a shift to tylenol in a few days helps. Bummer!ย 

First PIO shot went great! My husband did it and the shot part didn't hurt at all. It was just the weird muscle pain afterwards that is a bit jarring.ย 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUIย  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFNย 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI - ย 7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFNย 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs.ย 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23.ย 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS.ย 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you all! Itโ€™s sucks! I wanted To get so much done this weekend. We are moving so I wanted to get some of the heavy lifting stuff out Of the way... guess thatโ€™s not happening! Iโ€™ll be elevating it and icing it as much as possible.ย 

@perrypeaches Welcome! And congrats on your embaby! Will they be retesting the inconclusive one?ย 

@manders85-2 See you guys will be PIO pros before you know it!ย 

@wishing-and-hoping Thatโ€™s fantastic news!!! GROW EMBRYOS GROW! Also im gonna say that dream is a good sign! ๐Ÿ˜Š Your Transfer date is Tue, right?ย 

• ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
    edited November 2018
    Noooo @ndz2018! Ugh, what timing. Rest up, keep it elevated, stay positive and you'll be good to go!

@wishing-and-hoping yes that's awesome news! Will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a great bunch of embies, xo. And what a dream! I agree with @ndz2018 I think it's a good sign too :smile:

@manders85-2 totally agree...the shot itself isn't bad it's that weird feeling afterwards. Do you rub it out a little bit to break it up? Also, do you use a heating pack at all? I'm torn this time around, I freak out that I'm elevating my body temperature too much (after transfer) but it helps so much. Thinking just not using it this time around though and only icing before...what do ya'll think?

@perrypeaches welcome to the group!!!

Ladies, I had a rough day yesterday just with all of the emotions I know we all feel throughout this roller coaster of a journey. Had to pick myself back up this morning a little bit. So here's a reminder to us all that we're strong AF and WE ALL GOT THIS no matter what!! <3
  • perrypeachesperrypeaches member
    edited November 2018
    @ ndz2018 My nurse said they could retest but I am tempted to tell them not to bother. I donโ€™t like the idea of thawing and then freezing then thawing again.ย 
  • @perrypeaches - I agree with you on the extra de-thaw/thaw process; even after our failures, we thought it best not to test the already-frozen embryos because of that extra risk. Congrats on your hubby kicking cancer's butt - I know that had to be super stressful.
    **History in Spoiler**
    ย  ย IVF#1ย  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
    ย  ย FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
    ย  ย FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ย  ย FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @ellemarie7 thank you! 1 dpt almost complete lol! We hit the road and are at our first overnight stop in Indiana, 1 day down, 6 to go ๐Ÿ˜… thank you for that reminder โค๏ธ I want to let myself be excited that this can work for me but I'm too scared to be excited,ugh !ย 

@Their first motel experienceย ndz2018 yikes! Sorry about your ankle girl, rest up and get some pampering :)ย 

@wishing-and-hoping get fert report!!ย 

@manders85-2 congrats on getting the first PIO over with! You're on your way!ย 

@perrypeaches welcome! I hope this is your time!ย 
  • @ndz2018, @wishing-and-hoping, @manders85-2 & @elliemarie7 - take it easy over the weekend and rest up for your big day.

Hope everyone else continues to move easily through their protocols (AFM, I start Estrace 11/5 and NOT looking forward to that ... I always get SO tired).
    **History in Spoiler**

• I'm so hoping this last one works @leilee101!!! Only about 3 more weeks ๐Ÿ˜
  • @wishing-and-hoping Thats great!! Iโ€™m keeping everything crossed that they all make it!!
  • For the new November FET Girls here is the Nov Spreadsheet. It makes it easier for you to keep track of everybodyโ€™s appointments, protocols, linings, ย etcโ€ฆ Feel free to fill it in if youโ€™d like ย ๐Ÿ˜Œ

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x_83Cj5xeatr-uYgbP02NrQsZYnewoEAJOyyb6lhNyo
  • What a great report, @wishing-and-hoping!! A lot of transfers are happening in this group on Tuesday and Iโ€™m glad youโ€™ll be one of them!ย 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUIย  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFNย 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI - ย 7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFNย 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs.ย 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23.ย 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS.ย 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Hi everyone! I seem to be a little late to this thread but figure I'll reach out in hopes of some support from people that have done this before and from people that understand cause I'm clueless but nothing compared to everyone else around me lol.

We started this journey on April of this year after ttc for 5 years, PCOS, low motility and 2 ectopics. ER was September 12th and first FET scheduled for November 12th! We have 4 boy and 2 girl pgs normals and only transferring one. My husband already has an 8 year old daughter so he really wants a boy but after much back and forth we finally decided (I think lol) we're going to let the doc choose the best one! We live in Oregon and travel to Seattle for IVF so I'll be leaving this Tuesday to stay with family up there for all the appts in the next week, I have BW and US November 7th and 10th. I started Delestrogen injections (every 3 days), Metformin, and baby aspirin October 22nd, and Zpak started today. PIO starts November 7th along with Medrol 4X's daily and then Estrace 3X's daily startsNovember 9th.

Sooooo much information these last couple months my brain feels fried! And these hormones got me like.... well I don't even know but ugh it's rough!
  • @hclausen85 welcome! This is my first round too and it is certainly overwhelming! November 12 is right around the corner :) I am moving to Seattle area (30 min north of there), actually on my way now and will get there Wednesday!! If you don't mind me asking, which clinic do you use? I looked up a few there and ultimately (tentatively) decided on one in Canada...we are just waiting to hear from them to schedule and orientation and get started all over again ๐Ÿ˜ซ
  • @mkr_0128 it's actually in Bellevue, Overlake Reproductive Health. Dr. Johnson is so amazing!ย 
  • @ndz2018 Sooo excited for you!!! Almost a year later, you're about to be PUPO! <3ย 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS ย -ย January 2018
    FET #1 -ย April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May /ย June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19ย  <3

• @ndz2018 YAY!!!! That sounds great :)ย 

@hclausen85 Thank you! I will have to look into that! I was trying to find a place with reasonably priced FET cause our insurance doesn't cover anythingย 
  • @kristimh80 RIGHT?!?! Itโ€™s been a helluva journey!

@beachbunnyxo123 I was So ready for them to tell me something was wrong today lol but they want to increase my PIO by .5 tonight other than that we are a go!!
  • Hiii! SO many exciting updates!!

@wishing-and-hoping, @manders85, @ndz2018 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! Will be thinking of all you ladies!!! I'll be right behind ya on Thursday ;)

@MamaK225 thank you!! How is the estrace treating you so far? It made me crazy this time around I feel like...so happy to go down to only 2 twice a day!

@mkr_0128 how is the TWW treating you?! Almost a week away from your betaaa!

@leilee101 amazing news - bye bye BC!

@hclausen85 welcome to the group...and have a safe trip tomorrow!

@beachbunnyxo123 here's to a nice thick lining xoย 

• @ellemarie7 - Thankfully, I don't start the Estrace until tomorrow (1, 2x daily then move up to 2x2 on 11/11 then 2x3 on 11/15). NOT looking forward to that. I swear that part is worse than PIO or the suppositories. Bleh.

@mkr_0128 - yes, inquiring minds want to know! How are you feeling? Keeping busy? Are you planning to POAS or do your best to avoid?

@hclausen85 - welcome! Ugh, I hate that your clinic is so far away. I have a 250 mi roundtrip to mine (280 if I go to the main clinic - I go to the satellite to avoid heavy traffic) and it gets brutal. But it's all worth it in the end!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @ellemarie7 @MamaK225 it's been going well... I think! I go from excited and hopeful to nervous and pessimistic. Transfer was Thursday, and 5:00am Saturday (43 hours after my transfer) I peed and there was a dime sized watery pink-red (more pink than red) "spotting" on the tp when I wiped... Nothing since then other than that afternoon I developed a scratchy throat and a stuffy nose. The throat went away by the next morning, and the stuffy nose persists on and off. I am feeling a bit down at the moment, we just stopped to pee and I did my PIO and there was dark looking cm in my underwear and I wiped it with tp and it was dark reddish brown. So I peed and then wiped and there was again dime sized watery light red on the tp. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since Saturday at 5 am so I don't know why I'm seeing it again 2.5 days later :/ I hope it doesn't continue...

Yay for the upcoming transfers this week!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Hi @mkr_0128, congrats on your Thursday transfer. I'm not sure for certain, but I do know spotting can sometimes be implantation. Don't worry until your test day! This is likely implantation side effects and my fingers are crossed that it's your little bean burrowing into your lining. :) Keep us up to date!ย 
    I'm so excited for our transfer tomorrow. We don't know the sex but we do know it's Embryo #7 and I'm happy it's a lucky number. I don't even know how I'm going to make it through the 9 day wait! @mkr_0128, you're 4 days in with only 5 days to go, right??ย 
    TTC History in Spolier:

• @manders85-2 thank you! I'm hoping it is that but I don't know why it's back now after only having that one spot Saturday morning. I am 4dpt today and my beta is now next Monday so 6 days to go if I don't POAS before then!ย 

Yay lucky #7!! Keep us updated tomorrow and good luck!!!
  • Jumping in this FET and see some familiar people. Waiting for AF right now and CD31. Please pray for her to come soon, if you would. Ladies, when you're gonna transfer, how long until you ask your RE for Provera?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt,ย 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxineย 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN
    ย