March 2019 Moms

To All the Lurkers :)

2»

Re: To All the Lurkers :)

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited October 2018
    @heytherefriend I get where you are coming from! Me, personally, I don't find if you need to vent your frustrations. I've found a lot of times when I do, there seems to be someone else in the same situation and find some sort of comfort knowing I'm not alone :) I'm also a FTM...maybe we nee to start a FTM thread. Might make it easier to voice any anxieties, etc. 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @keikilove - first and foremost i'm sorry to hear about your health scare and i hope you start to feel better soon. take the time you need to rest and listen to your body. second of all, thank you for your latest post. to be honest, in an attempt to make things more inclusive for everyone in this community, i came out of this conversation feeling attacked - and i don't feel that way very often. i came to the defense of someone who clearly has felt slighted by this group - and ironically, when that poster came back again in a later response, she took the time to bash everyone who offended her but didn't consider a moment to thank the one and only 'regular' who took the heat for her. 

i said it before and i'll say it again - making digital connections is more than just a pastime for me. i am as genuine and quirky in-person as i am behind a keyboard, and i appreciate the few of you in this chatroom that are able to recognize that despite not ever meeting me.

i will not change my stance in feeling strongly that tone matters - especially when you're trying to turn internet friends into real friends. i will never get down with you guys telling someone smugly to call their doctor or harassing them for innocently asking for gender guesses. you guys love to dogpile - one person responds in a snippy way and then 7 other people feel the need to do so on top of it. how do you think that makes a person feel? 

i too will become more of a lurker moving forward, because it's not worth internalizing negativity because of strangers on the internet. as much as i'd love to see this group move into friendship territory, the reality is that right now we are all here willingly on a public forum sharing opinions and seeking out advice. i have appreciated getting to know what i can of all the different personalities in these threads. it's been fun, but in the end what's best for me and my baby girl is to continue focusing on family, my passions, my health & my values. i hope everyone took away whatever they felt they needed from this thread. personally, my eyes have been opened. @keikilove, thanks again - your words have not gone unnoticed and i appreciate them very much.

no need for any responses to this! it's in everyone's best interest to move on from this thread, start the new ones, and build this group the way you see fit.
  • @keikilove I’m sorry to hear about the scary doctors appointments and hope everything works out and the remainder of your pregnancy is healthy and boring. 
  • @keikilove @Lbloom I hope both of your health issues can be resolved quickly and easily.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @keikilove So sorry you are dealing with some scary health issues. Praying they are all resolved soon and you can have a little peace. Thank for for always being so kind. We will miss seeing you as much around here! But always here if you need anything <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @archetypeblonde I find it easier to keep up with certain threads I've commented on by clicking the "star" icon next to the thread. It'll update you on all new posts for that thread. :) I'm with you...I've met a lot of great girls on here over the years, some I even text still regularly with. I always find it nice to have buddies going thru the same stages of life. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @archetypeblonde - there is a notification panel at the top right that is red when someone has mentioned you or responded in a thread you've posted or looked through. I've only noticed it on my computer, not on mobile though.
  • @Lbloom it doesn't work on mobile unless you are on the app when the notification occurs, then a little box will show up at the bottom of the screen with the notification.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I'm somewhere in the middle. Not a total lurker, and I don't think I'd consider myself a regular either. I guess I'm the middle child :p 

It was the same with my first when I was in N15. Tough in general for me to keep up but I do really enjoy reading most of the responses. When my N15 group moved to FB is when I got much more involved. It's been such an amazing place of support for me as all of our kids are growing up together. Luckily there was no "cut" as someone had put it earlier! If I had to have two people vouch for me I might have been denied too!! Everyone was welcome to join and so happy that that was the case, just an easier platform for me to stay on top of. 

@keikilove sorry to hear things have been shaky with your health. Sending some positive vibes that things turn around quick. <3 
  • It sounds like when we migrate, we might be splitting into a Facebook group and a private Bump board because of preference for one platform over another