March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 10/7-10/14

13»

Re: Symptoms 10/7-10/14

• Options
    My arms were falling asleep and hurting so bad last night. I’m pretty convinced it’s pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I’m going to bust out the pregnancy pillow tonight and buy some wrist braces to see if it helps. I’m also thinking a pregnancy massage may be a good idea. I’ve had a spot in my uppers shoulders that has been tingling/going numb for a while now. I’m thinking it may all be related. 
  • Options
    Add me to the grouchy pregnant lady club ... everything DH does today is making me mad. Including the fact that he had a turkey sandwich for lunch and didn’t leave me any bread to make a grilled cheese (we have buns he could have used). Currently chillin on the couch so I don’t lose it on him again ... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love it @keikilove! My nails are super strong right now. I’m a clutz so I’m always using them for things I shouldn’t and I have a lot of instances where I’m like “I shouldn’t have been able to do that.” Such a sad day when that goes away (and the hair loss... don’t get me started.)
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @purpleteacher82 I totally empathize with your pain! I developed pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome around 30-32 weeks during my pregnancy with DD. It sucked! I wore wrist braces to bed which helped a bit, but the burning pain and tingly numbness (how they both occur at the same time is beyond me) woke me up every night without fail. I got into a routine where I'd wake up around 4am due to pain and having to pee, then I'd go downstairs, grab all the (soft, gel filled) ice packs from the freezer, lay on the couch and cover my arms from wrist to shoulder with ice packs, then try to doze off again. The ice really helped (as did, I suspect, getting up / changing position / moving around). I am hoping to avoid carpal tunnel this time around but sort of expect I'll get it again. I hope you find some relief from the pain! I didn't try massage therapy last time, but should have - it can't hurt!
  • Options
    @laur84ns I’ve had a fairly symptom free pregnancy so far so this is really hitting me like a ton of bricks. I am so uncomfortable. It worries me that I’m only 18 weeks and it’s starting already. Thank you for sympathizing with me. I didn’t even know this was a thing, but apparently it’s more
    common than I realized. 
  • Options
    RLP has definitely hit lately, it’s feeling like a stitch in my side. Not loving it.
  • Options
    Ugh I’ve been having such bad insomnia the last few nights (its 5am and I haven’t managed to fall asleep yet). I can’t imagine it’s pregnancy related, but not sure what else to blame it on (no stress or worries, been doing light exercise, no late caffeine consumption...)
  • Options
    @navete same here. I stayed home from work today I feel so crappy because of it. MH doesn't seem to get it, but lack of sleep is soooo much worse when you're pregnant. I feel like I can barely function the days after a crappy night's sleep. And there have been a lot of them.
  • Options
    @gowenc @navete I feel like a zombie even after a good night's sleep! I've been trying to remember to take my magnesium in the evenings to help me sleep and keep me regular but I'm having trouble getting the dose right. I end up staying up late because I need to poop.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @navete I would definitely blame it on the pregnancy :D
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited October 2018
    Add me to the insomnia club lately. I feel like I have been fighting a cold and my hip pain has returned (possibly related to the cold? Last time I had a cold, my hip pain was at its absolute worst). I want so much to be able to sleep on my back again!!
  • Options
    @mayoduck - my hip pain is awful right now! Especially the left side. I have no idea what’s causing it. It flared last night but I hadn’t laid down yet, so I don’t think I can blame sleeping on it. Hope yours gets better ASAP! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I've also been dealing with hip pain and I find myself waking up on my back fairly often and try not to stress about it and just roll onto my side. I've also had lower back pain over the last few days. Usually (pre-pregnancy), my lower back starts to hurt when I'm sitting too much but I've been feeling it a lot during long walks which is weird and annoying because walks are usually what helps my aches... 
  • Options
    Hip pain hasn't hit me yet but it did in my last pregnancy, during my third trimester. It was awful! I saw a prenatal chiropractor and it helped tremendously, if anyone wants to check that out. I'm generally a little wary of chiropractic care (physical therapy makes more sense to me - get things aligned and work on exercises to keep it that way). But your body is changing so quickly in pregnancy it makes sense that it needs a little help staying properly adjusted.