March 2019 Moms

Symptoms 10/7-10/14

Re: Symptoms 10/7-10/14

• I think my body is confused about what first trimester and second trimester mean. I was nauseous throughout but 14 weeks (on the dot) I start having morning sickness. Grrr. Morning sickness really sucks for me because I faint 90% of the time and being a stay at home mom I tend to have an audience. I’m so over it. Ready to not feel like crap anymore. 
  • omg the pelvic pain is SO REAL today. i don't wear heels often but today i wore them for a few hours and i swear i think i held my posture a bad way or something and now it kills from my belly button all the way down :( brutal! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welp my colostrum is in so leaky boobs are in my near future. Happened around this time with DD too. 
  • @JLaVO888 How can you tell your colostrum is in?

@indigoheightsblog Ouch! That sounds painful. Hope it wears off soon!
  • @JLaVO888 I was just thinking about that this morning! Based on last pregnancy I think I have a month before they start leaking. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @JLaVO888 @mamakate1616 You guys are freaking me out! I didn’t know it could happen so early! #FTM
  • @JLaVO888 @mamakate1616 Wow, almost nothing came out of mine until my daughter was a week old! I had no idea it could happen this early in pregnancy! 
  • @Jlavo888 @mamakate1616 I've got the oily gunk dried on my nipples that I had later in pregnancy last time. I didn't really leak enough to need pads until I'd had DD, but this has started so early so we will see.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • teachermama4teachermama4 member
    edited October 2018
    @JLaVO888 Mine came is in too!  With my son I started leaking at 20 weeks and this time it is at 19 weeks.  They feel sticky and gross!  

• I’m blaming my grumpiness on pregnancy. I am so much less patient these days and definitely just grumpier in general! Trying to be better, but struggling...
  • @lelkcot I feel ya. I have no patience for incompetence or people wasting my time right now. I've been walking around frustrated about so many stupid little things for about two weeks now. I should probably take up meditation or something or I'm just going to be miserable along with everyone else around me! 
  • @navete this time I noticed it by how my breasts felt (the tingling sensation I got with my let down when I fed DD). I tried hand expressing and sure enough it came right out. It’s kind of a foggy clear/yellowish. It will not be white until your milk comes in. I didn’t notice it with DD until I started waking up with wet sheets around 20 weeks. Some of my moms from my last BMB used a Tylenol syringe to collect it before their second babes came this time around. I don’t know if I have the energy for that or not. 

@meggyme I had the gunk the last two weeks or so as well but nothing came out when I hand expressed until this week. 

(Navete you also become a pro at hand expressing after you’ve had a clogged duct or are engorged when you forgot your pump/not around baby. I don’t think I would have been successful at hand expressing during my first pregnancy.) 
  • lisee923lisee923 member
    edited October 2018
    Lightning crotch.  I don't think I really had it or much at all during my first pregnancy.  Ouch.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisee923 uggghhh it sucks!!!!! i find that it really comes on for me when i've been on my feet all day or when i'm super dehydrated. 
  • @lisee923  and @indigoheightsblog ugh!! I have only had it a couple times this pregnancy but I remember vividly from the first time! It sucks!!! 

Im getting morning sickness again :( was throwing up in the bathroom at work yesterday and a woman was in there. She asked if I was okay ... I just told her yes and that I am pregnant. I am thankful she asked before leaving but I get bad! I can’t believe it’s back again ugh! 
  • Add me to the headache list. I’ve been having terrible headaches and neck pain almost daily. I’m told is likely tension headaches. Tyenlol isn’t helping at all.

My aversion to chicken is gone now! With my first pregnancy, I couldn’t even look at chicken until after she was born!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lisee923 & @indigoheightsblog Super Sorry for you & the lightning crotch! I had it last pregnancy in the third tri and it was killer. Stop you in your tracks & make you suck in your breath killer. Hoping you get some relief soon. I’m praying I don’t get it this time! @ashley14598 Also super sorry to hear about your returning morning sickness. That is awful! I feel so bad for all of you that post that you’re still throwing up. Hang in there, mamas. 

My latest symptom is feeling sickened by the very idea of meat. I saw a girl lifting up her fajita meat last night to put in her tortilla and I wanted to vomit. It looked like a dead carcass hanging off her fork. Hmmm, I wonder why....  Thinking about meat’s origin as I cook it is making me so ill. It’s grossing me out to cook hamburger meat, slice a rotisserie chicken, or even heat turkey bacon on the stove. I’m seriously contemplating a bout of vegetarianism during this pregnancy. (Oddly enough, I was vegetarian for years before my first pregnancy and then suddenly in my 9th week I was craving steak like crazy. My body obviously needed the iron & protein & I never fully went back to vegetarian.) 
  • So to all the headache ladies, I mentioned headaches to my midwife at my appt last week and do you know what she told me to do? Poop everyday. What?! I didn’t poop everyday when I didn’t have a pomegranate sitting on my bowels! Anyway, I just wanted to share her advice.
  • @meggyme that’s so interesting! luckily I’ve been very regular so that can’t be the solution for me - but my headaches haven’t been too bad this last two weeks or so anyways.

has anyone been dealing with extremely itchy nipples?? i’ve Tried oil, lotion, serum, bra, no bra, softer shirts.... nothing is helping! the problem is pretty brutal all day but seems to get worse at night.

the products I use 2x daily each are mustela stretch mark prevention oil and mustela bust firming serum. if anyone has a brand they love.... please do share!!!! or else i might scratch these bad boys right off my body!!!!
  • @keikilove thanks! I had horrible aversions to food last pregnancy to the point where I couldn’t look at any pictures of food. I had to get rid of any app on my phone that showed food, couldn’t go grocery shopping, and had to look away when driving down the road if there were restaurants with pictures of their food. It was so strange! @indigoheightsblog I don’t remember itchy nipples last time (and it hasn’t happened this time) but I loved the lansinoh nipple cream while breastfeeding. I’m not sure if it will help itchy nipples but it might be worth a try. It does stain clothing so be careful!
  • @indigoheightsblog Hmm, I haven't experienced itchy nipples either, this time or last pregnancy, but that sounds super annoying!!! Are they red / bumpy? Could it be thrush? I've never had it but know it's quite common post partum anyway (not sure about during pregnancy). I second the lansinoh suggestion, it is quite soothing for sore and cracked nipples when BF'ing. The only other thing I can think of is, could it be your nipples rubbing against your bra that's irritating them? Perhaps a soft cotton bra would feel better (if that's not already what you're wearing). I hope you get some relief soon!

@meggyme Hmm that's definitely not what I expected your midwife to say! How interesting. I'll have to see if I notice any correlation between the two. I feel like I've been decently regular but I don't really tend to notice these things unless I experience extreme constipation/diarrhea. 
  • @laur84ns she seemed pretty hung up on me pooping everyday. It was kind of weird for someone that didn’t mention any constipation. I have magnesium that’s supposed to help but I keep forgetting to take it.
  • @ashley14598 @laur84ns thanks ladies i'll give that a try! it's definitely not thrush.... it moreso feels like itching from stretching - i felt it a lot on my belly for a few weeks (which has definitely subsided a bit) and now it's the boobs. ughhhhh. i'm definitely going to try the lansinoh!! 
  • @indigoheightsblog every inch of me was itchy last time from stretching. I also think the cold, dry weather here added to it. I found some unscented thick vitamin E cream at the Natural Grocery store and it really helped moisturize and relive the itch. 
  • I can’t tell if DH is making me ragey or if DH + hormones are making me ragey. He hasn’t done any one thing, just been generally obnoxious.
  • @meggyme I know I’ve been extra grumpy with DH due to hormones... 
  • OMG the sharp nipple pain has started. It happened with my first pregnancy around this time too - seems to coincide with my colostrum starting to come in, I've got the dried sticky stuff on my nipples. But geez, it HURTS.
  • I didn’t see an updated symptoms board but today and yesterday I have had off and on tingling in my legs and feet. Almost like I’m sitting on them weird and they are falling asleep but I’m not. Is this a pregnancy thing? Thanks for any input. 
  • @ashley14598 I have had that in my arms and hands. Mostly at night and for a bit when I wake up in the morning. I am assuming it’s a circulation thing? More blood going toward the baby?
  • @ashley14598 I had tingling feet towards the end of my last pregnancy. I had conflicting feedback about the cause - I was seeing a podiatrist at the time because I had broken a toe (completely unrelated) and he said it could be that one of the nerves that runs from the low back down the legs was being pinched by the growing baby. I asked my physical therapist about it after I'd had my son and she thought it was more likely tarsal tunnel, when swelling in the ankles puts pressure on the nerve that runs along the inside of the ankle down to the foot. I still don't know exactly what caused it but it went away after I had my baby, and it seems that either way it was some kind of nerve issue due to pressure, whether it was from baby or the swelling.

@purpleteacher82 same goes for arms/hands - I had that too and all docs agreed it was carpal tunnel b/c of swelling. And I didn't even have bad swelling - it doesn't take much.
  • @gowenc @purpleteacher82 thanks for the feedback! I actually got the carpal tunnel in my wrists/hands during postpartum last time. When I went to have it checked they said it usually occurs during pregnancy not in post partum but because I was on bed rest for the last 3-4 weeks and then went straight from that to taking care of/breastfeeding DS they thought it had more to do with that. I actually had some tingling in my thumb yesterday too so I’m thinking it definitely has something to do with my nerves. I can feel the pain all down my right leg, through my butt, and into my feet it’s very strange and it’s primarily on my right leg! I guess I’m just confused because I wouldn’t think the baby is big enough at this point to put a lot of pressure on my nerves. 
  • @ashley14598 that sounds like the sciatic nerve. It doesn't take much shifting around to pinch something! 
  • kapowfalkapowfal member
    edited October 2018
    Back to the itching... I got in my lanolin oil today, and I mixed it in with Palmer's Shea butter lotion. I have dry skin anyway so with the humidity dropping, I've been getting miserable. 

Edit: so far, I like the combination!
  • @ashley14598 I agree with @gowenc that sounds like sciatic nerve pain. I've had it on and off for a couple weeks now. I haven't had any tingling but definitely pain in my butt/hip that sometimes goes down my leg. My doctor said it can cause numbness or tingling sometimes too.
  • @diaphena @gowenc thanks for replying!  You are making me feel like I’m not completely crazy! At work about a week ago now I had pain in my butt, hip, and down my leg luckily it went away but this sensation seems to be coming and going quite a bit. 
  • @meggyme & other headache mamas: I met with the midwife at my practice today and she didn’t say anything about pooping but she did recommend taking magnesium (max 500mg a day), Tylenol and a little caffeine.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Stretchy, achy pains in my belly, and my boobs are so dang itchy it is driving me crazy! Lotion helps for a little bit. Ordered some belly butter, hoping that works a little better
  • Getting some fun stretching/pains in my sides, almost like a stitch when running, just without the running!
  •  @maggiemadeit aww man, I wish I could star specific posts to reference later. I have not experienced heartburn yet but have a family history of hairy babies. DH was practically a little monkey when he was born with all his hair all over his body! I'm certain heartburn is in my future. Thanks for the tip!