January 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 10/19

13»

Re: FFFC 10/19

• Options
    @AshVA great advice, thank you! 
  • Options
    @drabong88 Do you have a cast iron skillet that you could cook with? They require a bit more babying than other pots / pans and don't work well with all foods, but they can help add iron as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Man I just got caught up. This week has been none stop for me because of work. First off I get annoyed when people talk about how tired they are and don’t consider other people might be too or when you agree with them that it has been exhausting week they want to start comparing and contrasting like it is a competition. 

I am getting really tired of people touching my stomach... I think LG is too cause she literally kicked after someone did and she kicks when the desk is too close to my stomach. I think she has my personal space issues already.
  • Options
    @tosh24 my FB group from my last BMB has been incredible, too, and we've been through all KINDS of stuff, like yours, though not quite as much <3  

I agree the app is horrible, and I also wish we had the chance to "respond" differently than just "love". It creates more of a real reaction to each other. I like going to facebook and KNOW I would respond and participate way more if we weren't on the bump, but I'm ok with doing a smaller group on TB first if that's what we decide :)  
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    The H refused to help me put together a twin over queen bunk bed frame. Do you know how much it’s sucks building one of those with kids helping? He sat on the couch watching good witch on Netflix.  I don’t even know what that is, but it sounds stupid.  
  • Options
    @sarahhartman29 oh my goodness gracious!!! I would have been appalled! I don't often tell off people for saying stupid shit, but I would have told her. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    Dang, I was shocked when I got off work and saw all the comments on one post! We definitely haven't been this active. Sometimes I try to pop on during the work day but sometimes I'm just not able. This week has been crazy. My FFFC : sometimes I'm happy this board is slow because I can keep up lol but I do wish there was more. I find it hard to have real conversations on here and don't act like I would irl.
  • Options
    @sfgiantsgamerbabe I also want to work part time! I think it’s great. 
  • Options
    @ms_stevens87 I lurked in my last BMB too. I really got to know the ladies and regret not joining in. After everyone left for Facebook and the babies were born there were a few left, including @drabong88, I decided to jump in then and it was nice to have other moms going through the same things. I finally stopped messaging there too when life got busy. I actually often wonder how some of those ladies are doing. This time I decided to not regret it and join on in. 
  • Options
    AshVA said:
    wolfmum said:
    @AshVA it might be because I just created it ... check your inbox. 
    I was able to get to the part where it asks why I want to join the group. Every time I type an answer and click ok though, I get an error message. 
    +1

It might just take a while for it to catch up. Heaven knows TB isn't that fast. 
    @l@ladystout08 I  tried to join and it’s not even a clickable link for me.  None of the private groups are. Is it an invite only thing where I would have to get a message with a link? I’m so confused. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    AshVA said:
    wolfmum said:
    @AshVA it might be because I just created it ... check your inbox. 
    I was able to get to the part where it asks why I want to join the group. Every time I type an answer and click ok though, I get an error message. 
    +1

It might just take a while for it to catch up. Heaven knows TB isn't that fast. 
    @l@ladystout08 I  tried to join and it’s not even a clickable link for me.  None of the private groups are. Is it an invite only thing where I would have to get a message with a link? I’m so confused. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️
    I'm not in either. Try your web browser.  My app isn't working either
  • Options
    @galactickates you have to scroll down and click on all popular groups. Then the Jan 19 PG is on page 4. I’m still waiting on acceptance. Got that far without any errors on the app
  • Options
    I went that that way @ms_stevens87 but my problem is saying something about a duplicate entry. I emailed support. I got that error on 2 different browsers and after having the invite resent
  • Options
    I emailed support as well, but so far just crickets. They must not work weekends. 

• Options
    Ok so now I’m all caught up on where the PG came about.

I just happen to come across it yesterday when I checked the New Resolutions thread to add that my one and only resolution this year is to have a healthy full term baby and bring him home with us! 

FFFC: I’m all for migrating to a PG but I’m not going to lie - I was just beginning to like the level of activity here! 

I was also sort of sad when we (regulars) migrated to Facebook (Aug16). Now I’m so used to it & can’t go a day without catching up on there but I wasn’t used to a FB group after we bumped for so long on here. It’s okay though, I got over it fairly quickly and would occasionally lurk our board for any SS. 
  • Options
    I actually deleted my FB page over a year ago (I was in the midst of an internship and realized I was on there way too much). Would it be weird if I created one just to get into the group when we migrate to FB? I have learned so much from everyone on here and I think it has kept my anxiety down.
  • Options
    @ashva and @galactickates I’m going to try to figure this out one more time on my work computer tomorrow and then I’m going to email TB. Maybe I’ll have more luck since I’m the “owner”.