January 2019 Moms

FFFC 10/19

Re: FFFC 10/19

• @bradleysmommy28 @tosh24 that's like our Friday night tradition. It's either pizza or something simple like breakfast and we rent a new movie and crash. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Also, I just found out my coworker hasn't brushed his teeth in two years. I can't even wrap my brain around it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • skilouiseskilouise member
    edited October 2018
    @ladystout08 Haha true. That's a subject I'm honestly fairly torn about, and haven't had a chance to research in depth yet. Most of the medical focus seems to be on the health benefits, but some of the recent research about it possibly increasing SIDS rates is concerning. 

• @ladystout08 WTF is wrong with your coworker and how does he still have teeth?  And pizza/movie/living room sleepover sounds pretty amazing right now.  I might have to just make that our night.
  • Also, I just found out my coworker hasn't brushed his teeth in two years. I can't even wrap my brain around it. 

• Y'all (too many to tag and TB sucks) I have no idea. But now when I watch him speak I can clearly see the black holes in the sides of his teeth and he's constantly putting his fingers in his mouth and *gag*. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • nononormannononorman member
    edited October 2018
    Excuse me, I just ate. 

ETA: excuse YOU
  • @ladystout08 I CAN'T even fathom. Wtf. I had a coworker who told me he almost never brushed his teeth in the morning... I'm not gonna lie, it's rare but sometimes I miss a night-brush if I'm laying in bed & fall asleep or just zero motivation to get up. But like routinely no morning tooth brushing?!?! Morning breath, all day every day? Noooo
  • I know some people who have admitted to not brushing their teeth much when they were dealing with morning sickness because it made them puke. Other than something like that, why?? Is he one of those people who think bathing is bad for you too?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sorry @wolfmum ! lol 

I'm with y'all, I can't even like be around him now without staring at his teeth. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @AshVA circumcision just came up at my last prenatal appointment and I hadn't really even thought about it! I don't have much of an opinion but DH seems to think it'd be crazy not to. I don't agree with his reasoning but I'm not sure I have a strong enough opinion to push back. Also our OB does them in office 3 weeks postpartum? which I thought was unusual because my friends who have had babies circumcised had it done in the hospital. So I suppose we'll have time to think it over if it's a boy.

I've been thinking this baby is a girl. I know its flawed logic but I've been measuring right on track with fundal height & baby was in the 50th percentile for almost everything at our anatomy scan & those things were true with DD as well... I guess I have this idea that a male infant would be measuring slightly larger?? I don't think I'd miss that whole postpartum circumcision debate!

Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• pttomato said:
    I know some people who have admitted to not brushing their teeth much when they were dealing with morning sickness because it made them puke. Other than something like that, why?? Is he one of those people who think bathing is bad for you too?
    My gag reflexes are awful, and have thrown up brushing my teeth this pregnancy,  I still do twice a day + mouth wash. 
  • Freaking. Barf. 

Anyone have any suggestions about how to do the private group? Should I just make it and post a thread here so people can request to join? I can solicit admins there too I guess. Please someone tell me how we get it started because this seems to be the busiest one-day thread we’ve had in a while so clearly there is interest. 
  • Well I don't think we should advertise it.  That's the point of weeding out lurkers or people who don't participate.  I'll help admin. I have a lot of time at work. I would name the thread something inconspicuous. "Fall plans" idk i'm not good at names. 
  • Lololol ok so make group and post a thread that is not designed to look like it’s about the group and use that to see who actually reads???? Kinda genius, I’m chuckling to myself rn. Tg I’m reading this thread  :D
  • Yup! At least we are giving people the opportunity to see a new thread.  If there are people we know are active and don't get a request we'll obviously let them know and send them instructions. Just because you aren't on today doesn't mean we're going to exclude you.  
  • Well I don't think we should advertise it.  That's the point of weeding out lurkers or people who don't participate.  I'll help admin. I have a lot of time at work. I would name the thread something inconspicuous. "Fall plans" idk i'm not good at names. 

DAMN IT I'M IN THE BOX. 

New Years Resolutions? lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Re. Circumcision...DH and I started talking about it and his response was, “ohh you haven’t heard all about it in your mom groups?” So we should start that thread ASAP 
  • I checked out the groups page, and it looks like some industrious person started a Jan 19 group. However, the app won't let me click on the link to view the public group description (for that or any group).  It's like it's blue, underlined plain text, not a link. I even checked the web browser version on my laptop, same issue. 

Ughhhhhh why does TB have to be such a broken down tech nightmare? 

• @AshVA it might be because I just created it ... check your inbox. 
  • Re. Circumcision...DH and I started talking about it and his response was, “ohh you haven’t heard all about it in your mom groups?” So we should start that thread ASAP 
    Funny story about DHs and "mom groups"..... in my DSs bmb, the husbands were getting legit jealous of the time we spent talking to each other that they formed a dads group on FB.  It lasted a few months but there were seriously some DHs that were more catty than women!  My DH was like "um, yea, these dudes need a life".  It was great!
  • My FFCF— I was at my glucose test this morning so DH watched DD and now he’s at work and DD is watching Daniel Tiger while I’m on the bump...
  • wolfmum said:
    @AshVA it might be because I just created it ... check your inbox. 
    I was able to get to the part where it asks why I want to join the group. Every time I type an answer and click ok though, I get an error message. 

• AshVA said:
    wolfmum said:
    @AshVA it might be because I just created it ... check your inbox. 
    I was able to get to the part where it asks why I want to join the group. Every time I type an answer and click ok though, I get an error message. 
    +1

It might just take a while for it to catch up. Heaven knows TB isn't that fast. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I was a part of a bump FB group. But then people started splitting off. I think at one point there was actually a secret group started to make fun of another group of ladies. I wasn't "cool enough" to make it to that group; pluse I have zero interest in participating in that type of behavior, so it worked out for the best. I'm hopeful we're more mature than that. I'm on board for whatever. Let me know if I can help.  I go along to get along, for the most part. 

How? Just how?! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
    Stop the fucking train right there WHAT OMG how??? HOW?? does he have teeth? Can you smell his breath across the building?? 
    Stop the fucking train right there WHAT OMG how??? HOW?? does he have teeth? Can you smell his breath across the building?? 
    Yes and yes. I've actually told the other guys on my team that I can't work with him in the server room (he's one of my sys admins) because of the smell. When he dropped that little nugget of info I was like "SEE?! It's not just my pregnancy nose!"
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Rotisserie chicken is delicious. Unless its all you are eating and then it isn't appetizing at all.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • I had mine this morning too and ate whatever I wanted afterwards! It was glorious!!
  • I have never posted on here, but I went to Target to get a dress for my baby shower. While I was checking out, the woman at the counter looked at the tag and asked if I got the wrong size. I thought maybe she was being kind, but then she said "I'll go get you a larger one". I said, "no thank you, it fits just fine". She proceeded to tell me there was no way I would fit into the dress. I was so embarrassed! Especially with others in line behind me. 
  • @sarahhartman29 i'm really sorry that target sales woman was so awful to you.  She really needed to mind her own business.  You didn't deserve that,  no one does
  • I have never posted on here, but I went to Target to get a dress for my baby shower. While I was checking out, the woman at the counter looked at the tag and asked if I got the wrong size. I thought maybe she was being kind, but then she said "I'll go get you a larger one". I said, "no thank you, it fits just fine". She proceeded to tell me there was no way I would fit into the dress. I was so embarrassed! Especially with others in line behind me. 
    Oh lord they’d have had to call the cops on me. 
    Yes and yes. I've actually told the other guys on my team that I can't work with him in the server room (he's one of my sys admins) because of the smell. When he dropped that little nugget of info I was like "SEE?! It's not just my pregnancy nose!"
    I am just appalled by this and can’t move past it lol I’m going to be thinking of this all day 
  • @sarahhartman29 That was inexcusable behavior. You should not be embarrassed. She should. What a rude woman. I'm sorry she made you feel bad about yourself.  

Meimsx no more
  • @sarahhartman29

Wow, that was so rude. What a terrible thing to say! 

Also, welcome to Jan19!  Just a suggestion, if your SN includes your real name and age, you might want to change it to something a bit more anonymous. We've got a great group of women in this community, but the board is open to all of the internet, so anyone can read your stuff. Sometimes our discussions get kind of detailed/ personal (e.g., wonderful pregnancy symptoms like discharge or hemorrhoids), and you wouldn't want any random internet stranger (or someone you know IRL) to be able to connect what you're saying on here to your real name!

• Just getting caught up on this thread today....totally thought someone had some insane FFC that cause a debate because of all the posts. I've never done the private group thing but sounds good! On my last BMB I want that active till the end of pregnancy when alot of people began migrating to Facebook and didnt feel like I knew them well enough to join. A few ladies stuck around after the babies were born and now I have a group with about 6 moms from that group, but it's just occasional posting with them. 

My confession is I'm supposed to be taking daily iron pills d/t my levels being low and they are just so gross I probably just take one every couple days. I know someone on here mentioned an alternative to the pill I need to look into 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 There are a few alternatives. I suggested using an iron fish to add iron to food - hubby got me one well before I got pregnant, and it keeps my levels up.