May 2019 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited October 2018
    @njmuc that’s so cool! I lived in Germany during and after college for a total of 4 years! I just finished my second teaching certificate German language as well. *edited because predictive text sucks.
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 @njmuc I lived there for two years when I was in the military! It was my first duty station. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds did you ever visit Garmisch (Edelweiss Lodge and Resort)? I worked for the DOD as a ski instructor there for 2 of those years.
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 no, but I heard about it! I'm pretty sure we tried to make plans to go there a couple times but never did. That assignment was wasted on my teen years/early 20s. Now I would have a list of everything I want to see, but then I drank a lot and didn't travel near enough. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds not gonna lie, much of that two years in Garmisch was spent similarly for me as well.  It's a fun place and if you are ever able, go and visit.  It's amazingly picturesque. (I lived at the base of the mountains to the right in the photo and the ski area was in the green trees and up to the top of the craggy peaks of the mountains on the left.)
  • Options
    Oh em geeeee another CO mama finally!!!! Yay @tarynrenee_17!!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @knottie47cb35c302bd0704 yay! Another Ontario mom! Buuuut you really need to change your username. It was way too much effort to tag you. 

Welcome! I hope you stick around and participate. We need a few more Canadians around here!

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @k2k2tog @knottie47cb35c302bd0704
    Woot! More canadians! I'm in ontario as well!
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant YAY! My last BMB, we had a grand total of like, 3 Canadians and only one other one made the move to FB with the rest of us. And she lives in AB, which might as well be another country.

• Options
    @k2k2tog hold up. I'm pretty bad with the short form terms on here. Is there a Facebook group as well? Is that what you meant by FB? 
  • Options
    MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited October 2018
    @sarah_is_pregnant yes, FB stands for Facebook. But, no, there is not a Facebook group started yet and there likely won’t be until much later. In my last group, the FB group didn’t start until 6-ish months and most people didn’t really make the move to that until 7-8 months. A lot of us need the time to feel comfortable sharing that much info with strangers in an online forum like FB. 
  • Options
    @sarah_is_pregnant what @MaggieG183 said. My last BMB started their facebook group after the babies were born. There isn't one for this BMB yet, and won't be for months. Which is good - in many ways, I like the forum setup of The Bump over the post format of Facebook.

• Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tiarra. I'm 8wks 1 day, and my estimated due date is May 23rd. This will be my first child, and quite frankly, I'm very unsure of everything right now. I was the girl who didn't see the point in having kids and now, I'm actively against having an abortion, but I don't know *why* I want to keep this child. 

My partner and I aren't in a relationship, I recently moved back to my home state a month ago, and I'm scared that I want this for all the wrong reasons. Actually, I'm scared because I don't actually have a reason for wanting to keep it, I just do. 
  • Options
    @ftmilf I’m sorry you are in such a tough position 😕 just remember you are strong and can do this! I’m only 20, so I’m really nervous too, but I just have to keep reminding myself that I’m going to have a little me walking around, and that my love for him/her will help me overcome any obstacles that come my way. Good luck ❤️
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • Options
    @mbaymay Yay!! Another Chicagoan! Holy moly! We have so many on this board! With my last BMB there was only one other one.  

@beccals83 Congratulations! And double congratulations on your husband completing chemo! I hope he never needs it again. Good luck in your pregnancy and I hope you stay through delivery and beyond!

• Options
    My name is Rochele I'm 7 weeks and due May 30
  • Options
    @intheluep Crazy ride to get here and FX this one keeps sticking! I'm also due 5/30 (but expecting a June baby as I went past my EDD with both my girls)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Casas1989 if you know the date of your last menstraul period, there are a lot of calculators that can give you a general idea. 
  • Options
    @rachel0114 when in April? My DH and I were married the 28th of April this year. :-)
  • Options
    @emmaleetta Hello fellow Ontarian!!! Except that I'm like, 6 hours away from you, so might as well be another province.  :D

• Options
    @mrskoz428 We got married on April 14! DH wanted a date that he could remember, so we planned for 2 days before his birthday. 😆
  • Options
    @rachel0114 smart man! That was the one other day we were considering but living in wisconsin, you never know what the weather will be like. We had a massive blizzard with almost 2 feet of snow the 13th and 14th of April this year. Glad I waited!