February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (10/8-10/12)

Re: Weekly Randoms (10/8-10/12)

• Options
    We’re NCIS, Hawaii 5-0 people too. I added HBO and Showtime though. I need my GoT and Shameless.
  • Options
    Another Roku fan here. We've got Netflix and Prime, though we don't watch anything on Prime. I just use it for impulse buys. LOL
    I also miss the crazies. I've been getting my fill by checking the other BMB's, and by looking at the Real Answers section or whatever it's called.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in a terrible mood today. I have no patience with anything. Luckily I have a fun evening planned, my boss gave me and DH tickets to go see Jerry Seinfeld. 

Let's hope I can shake this terrible mood. 
  • Options
    @venessa88 That sounds like so much fun! Jerry Seinfeld is one of the best comedians. I hope you have a really good time!
  • Options
    @kayjay44 oh shoot Nick Jr. is on sling!  I may have to give this cancelling cable another go with hubby...he's hesitant for reasons unknown.  I tell him all the time he watches repeats of the SAME shows and the SAME movies over and over again.  There's nothing we can't get on streaming!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh we do have HBO - Big Silicon Valley, VEEP, GOT fans. It's also cheaper than renting or going to the movies.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    I forgot we have HBO too (we access it through Hulu) for the newest seasons of Sesame Street and movies.  Eventually we want to get into GoT too. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11- Yes the old one! I haven't seen the new one either. I watched the old one when I was a kid multiple times and loooooved it. And Gilbert Blythe obvi.
  • Options
    Ohhh we have time. March has one that started at the Real Answers section. I brought it up in another thread but D14 had a legit fake I’m in labor in my bathtub, had my baby that just happens to be from google images looney toon. Do your remember that @lzzfrancisco ?
  • Options
    We dropped cable back in August.. we use Netflix, Prime, MLB Tv and HBO Go (Free with my cell phone plan). We will probably add Hulu or something in the future. DH does well finding free live-streams for his sports programs.
  • Options
    Pretty much fell asleep on the couch ...at 6 pm.  Wowza.. 
  • Options
    We dropped cable too, but we use MILs cable log in on our Apple TV to stream some stuff (sports, food network, hgtv, Disney jr mostly) and then have Hulu, hbo and Netflix. The only time we miss it is for NYE 
  • Options
    Another a no cable house here - but of course with at least four streaming services... 

So these crazies, I almost miss them...(but only for the replies to their insightful questions)
  • Options
    @madreofdragons @danixbanani24 we have Hulu live and love it!
  • Options
    @madreofdragons - a girl from my first BMB literally had her second in her bath tub on accident. God I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    Oh it totally happens! Me either. Couple of girls from D14 have scary fast labors. While I’m glad that at least they go fast, that has to hurt and be scary if you aren’t birthing at home by choice. 
  • Options
    Another cable-free house here. We have Netflix and an NHL subscription. Hockey is the only thing I'm not willing to go without. Cable is so expensive for what you get! 
  • Options
    I’ve been talking to my D14 girls and so far nobody can remember if the google image baby birth was from our board or if somebody found it happening on another board. I need a time machine.
  • Options
    Wait a second, @madreofdragons... A poster pretended they were pregnant and that they gave birth in the tub? And supported it with Google images?  :o
  • Options
    @becks_726 - no BMB experience is complete without a crazy, lying catfish. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    They showed up , I think asked about mucus plugs or contractions, got weird so people started questioning her. She argued with people then said she gave birth like an hour later. Somebody dug and found a pic of “her” baby on google. It was an interesting couple of hours.
  • Options
    What was the super crazy catfish where the girl said she was a wedding planner but actually just made video game weddings when she played Sims? And then made a second account for her “wife?”
  • Options
    Holy. Shit. The dedication to drama....
  • Options
    I have no idea. But yes, there is a serious dedication to crazy out there.
  • Options
    One thing I liked that my J17 group did - started a private group here before moving to fb. I want to say it started around month 7 or 8? There were terms for joining - nothing crazy, but you had to at least be somewhat active on the public page and not someone who started drama constantly. We got to know each other so much better and privately. Then we migrated to fb a month or two after babies were born. The private groups are moderated by members and not bump gods. 

One thing I liked that my J17 group did - started a private group here before moving to fb. I want to say it started around month 7 or 8? There were terms for joining - nothing crazy, but you had to at least be somewhat active on the public page and not someone who started drama constantly. We got to know each other so much better and privately. Then we migrated to fb a month or two after babies were born. The private groups are moderated by members and not bump gods. 
    This is how both of my previous bmb did the FB transition as well. We ended up with 60-70 people that regularly posted and were on Facebook.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town/p1

GOT HER! You have to kind of read between the lines since a bunch have deleted/been removed. But it’s a jaw dropper for sure. 
  • Options
    Was not the one we had but that’s a good one too. Lol. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons the Google images part sounds extremely familiar!
  • Options
    They showed up , I think asked about mucus plugs or contractions, got weird so people started questioning her. She argued with people then said she gave birth like an hour later. Somebody dug and found a pic of “her” baby on google. It was an interesting couple of hours.
    Omg, that does sound so familiar now!! 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits , I think a few of my brain cells just died from reading as much of that thread as I just did..
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits she pretended to be pregnant with the bmb and made up an identity (and later two) for a whole year?? Some people seriously need help. And lives, apparently!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    becks_726 said:
    Another cable-free house here. We have Netflix and an NHL subscription. Hockey is the only thing I'm not willing to go without. Cable is so expensive for what you get! 
    We probably only really have cable because of Hockey. I could not live without it. 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I remember that whole situation. I wasn't in that bmb but was on the ttgp and read the whole thing at that time. Such a crazy situation. 
  • Options
    becks_726 said:
    We probably only have cable for hockey. I can't live without it. 
  • Options
    @Venessa88 if you don't live in the same region as your team, NHL live is good-ish. That's the only reason it has worked out for me. 
  • Options
    I just read the Jan 2019 sex thread... wtf yo, so envious!  I'm still on pelvic rest, and it is NOT COOL!, but anything for baby <3... will see what the mw says this coming Friday, sob sob.

Also, some of us are at 24 weeks or just about, should we start a viability thread?  24 weeks = 50-70% survival and 26 weeks = 90% survival if born early... or shall we wait until someone hits 26weeks to start her up?  So excited!!  Baby had their first dance party at bed time I could feel last night, right in my pelvis, woke DH up with my laughing.. cute for now!! :D<3